Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 63 of 244 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast
    Well if anyone knows a Cubs rebuild it's Starlin Castro.

"The eye might be a little more focused on the future" - Jed Hoyer during his press conference today.

Not that we should have needed any more confirmation, but it's pretty obvious what the plan is.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    "The eye might be a little more focused on the future" - Jed Hoyer during his press conference today.

Not that we should have needed any more confirmation, but it's pretty obvious what the plan is.
    Itís just a matter of how much of a tear down it is.

Are we talking about KB and Schwarber and maybe Contreras or are we talking about Darvish and even Hendricks? I think there is no doubt they are stepping back, itís just a matter of how far theyíll go.

2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

Last edited by CubsRule08; 11-23-2020 at 04:06 PM.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Itís just a matter of how much of a tear down it is.

Are we talking about KB and Schwarber and maybe Contreras or are we talking about Darvish and even Hendricks? I think there is no doubt they are stepping back, itís just a matter of how far theyíll go.
    Frankly, if it's "maybe Contreras" it needs to be "Maybe Contreras and Darvish" because it should be both, not one or another.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    I hate Tom Ricketts as an owner. I really, really, really do.

Assuming that Was is the best realistic landing spot for KB, is it possible that Was may pay a little more to get him before the 12/2 NT deadline, so they don't take a chance on the Cubs NT'ering him? Now they won't have to get in a bidding war with the likes of the LAD. I mean if they really want him, why risk it. Carter K and/or Robles wouldn't be the worst return. Both young guys with former high hopes. I'd prefer both, but that may be an overreach.

Like I've been saying, I dont see a total tear down, a couple changes but nothing drastic..
    They have players to build around to keep it going

https://twitter.com/BleacherNation/s...678258182?s=19

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Assuming that Was is the best realistic landing spot for KB, is it possible that Was may pay a little more to get him before the 12/2 NT deadline, so they don't take a chance on the Cubs NT'ering him? Now they won't have to get in a bidding war with the likes of the LAD. I mean if they really want him, why risk it. Carter K and/or Robles wouldn't be the worst return. Both young guys with former high hopes. I'd prefer both, but that may be an overreach.
    At this juncture, there's a world where the Cubs don't get either. There's zero chance they get both. I also don't think Robles is on the table.

I think our best bet return from Washington will be Kieboom.

The Cubs will hire a GM, and it will come outside of the organization. Per Hoyer.

The Cubs will hire a GM, and it will come outside of the organization. Per Hoyer.
    Jared Porter would be a cool hire

https://twitter.com/MDGonzales/statu...369321474?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    https://twitter.com/MDGonzales/statu...369321474?s=19

I mean wtf... heís not going to spend money and they keep saying changes are coming? Like this is so annoying.

At this juncture, there's a world where the Cubs don't get either. There's zero chance they get both. I also don't think Robles is on the table.

I think our best bet return from Washington will be Kieboom.
    I was a fan of Kieboom last year, so I guess I would have to say I would be pleased with getting him opposed to getting nothing

Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    I mean wtf... heís not going to spend money and they keep saying changes are coming? Like this is so annoying.
    Frankly, I think he's talking straight out of his ***. Think about everything we've heard:
    - We've heard the Cubs losses
    - We've been told the Cubs will not reinvest Wrigley Field tax savings into the franchise
    - The Cubs won't rebuild

These things don't make sense together. You can't complain about losses, then get a windfall and refuse to invest, and then pretend that everything is hunky dorey. I think he's talking out of his *** and not being truthful because he knows no one will call him out. It'll be "rebuilding the pipeline" not "Tom told me the budget's going down".