Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 62 of 240 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast
    With the KB/Nats talks, what do you all think is realistic?

Cubs get: Kieboom, Starlin Castro / Daniel Hudson to mitigate salary and maybe find a bounceback stopgap for the Cubs in a position of need, + a flier
    Nats get: KB
    Last edited by cubs1423; 11-23-2020 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cubs1423 View Post
    With the KB/Nats talks, what do you all think is realistic?

Cubs get: Kieboom, Starlin Castro / Daniel Hudson to mitigate salary and maybe find a bounceback stopgap for the Cubs in a position of need, + a flier
    Nats get: KB
    I think Kieboom plus one of those 2 contracts (Castro or Hudson) could be realistic.

From the Dodgers I wonder if you could get Michael Busch plus a negative contract back? Maybe Busch, Joe Kelly, half of Kellyís 2022 buyout money, and a 2nd kind of interesting prospect like Andy Pages?

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    From Rosenthal today...

The Chicago Tribune quoted team spokesman Julian Green last year as saying that the Ricketts could be expected to receive between $100 million and $125 million in tax credits once federal and state officials determined that the renovation of Wrigley met national historical preservation standards.

The article also talks about the possibility of a KB non tender, Contreras trade, and Rizzo extension.
    Yup...just like I said it would happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Yup...just like I said it would happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thatís a lot of money. I wasnít expecting $100 mil plus.

I think Kieboom plus one of those 2 contracts (Castro or Hudson) could be realistic.

From the Dodgers I wonder if you could get Michael Busch plus a negative contract back? Maybe Busch, Joe Kelly, half of Kellyís 2022 buyout money, and a 2nd kind of interesting prospect like Andy Pages?
    I know the Cubs have kind of backed themselves into a weird spot with their Bryant-handling but man, I'm just not super high on Carter Kieboom.

Honestly, if the Nats package was realistic I donít think itís the worst path forward if, as expected, they arenít going to spend. That paired with a Darvish trade (who I think should be traded if we are punting 2021) could set them up nicely in 2022 if Kieboom turns into a cost controlled, 3 win type guy. Throw in a Schwarber trade for whatever you can get and maybe you hang onto Contreras, Happ, Hendricks and extend Rizzo while having a decent sized war chest next off season to replace Baez.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Again, I doubt he going to spend most of those 5 yrs tearing down and losing to try and rebuild this team again

For someone who mainly known to be Theo
    side kick, that a big risk to take because if he fails he'll likely end up going to the back of the GM line for hire

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Yeah I wasnít expecting that much either, but hey theyíre getting a bunch of money back and wonít spend it to help the team.

Yay.

They're so broke. Every $100m help.

Basically that wipes the losses from 2020. Letís get freaking real and make this team competitive now

Cubs signed 5 players to minor league deals last week (via Baseball America and MLB.com)

- OF Ian Miller (re-signed)
    - OF Rafael Ortega
    - RHP Jake Jewell
    - C Taylor Gushue
    - LHP Jerry Vasto

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    Basically that wipes the losses from 2020. Letís get freaking real and make this team competitive now
    In a way it does. Iím sure they budgeted that to renovation expenses so in another way it doesnít plus with it being tax credits it isnít an infusion of cash today, but rather a tax savings of 9 figures that they might collect over multiple years through reduced or eliminated tax payments.

Regardless they should have access to cash if they really want it. I just highly doubt this changes any of their plans this offseason.

Jed talks in 15 min. Itíll be interesting to hear his thoughts on the teams direction.

In a way it does. Iím sure they budgeted that to renovation expenses so in another way it doesnít plus with it being tax credits it isnít an infusion of cash today, but rather a tax savings of 9 figures that they might collect over multiple years through reduced or eliminated tax payments.

Regardless they should have access to cash if they really want it. I just highly doubt this changes any of their plans this offseason.

Jed talks in 15 min. Itíll be interesting to hear his thoughts on the teams direction.
    What's he on?

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    What's he on?
    His press conference. I saw a tweet saying the score will carry it live.