Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 57 of 226 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cubs1423 View Post
    I don't believe that is true. Pretty sure that he has 3 years remaining inclusive of 2021. Although I did go and confirm, perhaps I am still mistaken.
    You're correct. 2yrs $42M left after the suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaser 3 View Post
    You're correct. 2yrs $42M left after the suspension.
    He'll have 2 yrs 48 mil left after 2021

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

I can't read. Blame the Bourbon infused Imperial Stout I'm consuming. Or that I live in Kentucky. Both could be the problem.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I can't read. Blame the Bourbon infused Imperial Stout I'm consuming. Or that I live in Kentucky. Both could be the problem.

Id say more because you live in Kentucky.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Id say more because you live in Kentucky.
    Yeah. I mean...fair point. The only good thing about Kentucky is really...that we aren't Alabama.

Yeah. I mean...fair point. The only good thing about Kentucky is really...that we aren't Alabama.

Now I know you are drunk.
    Screw sabermetics.

It could. But at this stage it's probably best to look at every opening as a potential landing spot for our guys, and less of the Cubs as a landing spot for anyone else. It's becoming clearer and clearer; we ain't trying to be a winner next year. More opening spots; creates a bigger market for what is going to be, I think, a crowded, depressed market.
    Agreed.

One thing is the news on these vaccines being ready likely early 2021 may make the market a bit healthier, teams might be more optimistic. Could possibly have things mostly back to normal attendance-wise by the All-Star break.

Cano just forfeited $24m over the 2021 season. If he retires, he then forfeits the $24m he's owed in 2022, 2023, and 2024. He's not going to make a $24m mistake into a $96m hit to his pocket.
    Amazing that a team would agree to pay a guy 24 mil at 40 years old. Brutal.

After age 33 it's best to assume a position guy is going to decline.

It's also pretty dumb to risk suspension when you already have a guaranteed contract for the rest of your career.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    Amazing that a team would agree to pay a guy 24 mil at 40 years old. Brutal.

After age 33 it's best to assume a position guy is going to decline.

It's also pretty dumb to risk suspension when you already have a guaranteed contract for the rest of your career.

I was thinking this exact thing.

Wrigley Field was given the designation of Federal Landmark Status, meaning the Ricketts family is now entitled to tax credits for completing the recently renovated Wrigley Field project.

Yay...they will get millions back in tax credits, pocket everything and still tear down and rebuild the team.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Wrigley Field was given the designation of Federal Landmark Status, meaning the Ricketts family is now entitled to tax credits for completing the recently renovated Wrigley Field project.

Yay...they will get millions back in tax credits, pocket everything and still tear down and rebuild the team.
    I thought it was complete. He'll only get tax incentives on the work he does from here on out. Correct?

Hopefully there will be some trades involving possible non tender guys in the next 2 weeks . Not talking about the Cubs just in general .

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Hopefully there will be some trades involving possible non tender guys in the next 2 weeks . Not talking about the Cubs just in general .

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Sadly I don't think much movement will go down right now. With the uncertainty of the universal DH (Cruz is going to wait), Financials (teams won't know their budgets until they have a better idea of what attendance may look like), and start date (schedule is subject to change), most teams are going to be gun shy right now.

It's what is overly concerning with the non-tender situation for the Cubs. They could non-tender someone in 2 weeks because they fear getting stuck with them and their contract.

2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

Sadly I don't think much movement will go down right now. With the uncertainty of the universal DH (Cruz is going to wait), Financials (teams won't know their budgets until they have a better idea of what attendance may look like), and start date (schedule is subject to change), most teams are going to be gun shy right now.

It's what is overly concerning with the non-tender situation for the Cubs. They could non-tender someone in 2 weeks because they fear getting stuck with them and their contract.

I wouldnt be surprised to see moves before the tender decisions. A KB trade between now and that 12/2 deadline wouldnt shock me. Same with Schwarber. Teams might wait to see if the Cubs non tender them or they might just grab them in a trade first. That way they can assure themselves theyll get the player and the trade cost will be pretty small anyway.
    Last edited by CP_414; 11-19-2020 at 07:52 PM.

For the sake of non tender talk, in the event that KB and Schwarbs both get non tendered, what kind of contract do you guys think that they can fetch as FA's?

I'm thinking

Kyle 4/48
    Kris 4/75
    Last edited by thawv; 11-19-2020 at 06:52 PM.