Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 241 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast
    https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/s...642512896?s=19

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    2000 All Star Joe Girardi thinks Ryan Tepera deserved that MVP vote.

With that said, it's pretty hilarious that Tepera gets an MVP vote, accidentally or not.
    Can never take that away from him, he will always be able to tell his grandkids he got an MVP vote one year[emoji57]

Marlins make a historic hire, naming Kim Ng as their new GM.

First female GM in the history of the 4 major professional sports.

And for the people who are going to jump in here saying they did this only for ďcloutĒ or any other stupid ****ing reason (and Iím sure certain people in this forum are going to say it soon enough after this post), she has over 30 years of experience in baseball, and was widely recognized by MLB people as someone who would eventually become a GM in the league.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post

And for the people who are going to jump in here saying they did this only for ďcloutĒ or any other stupid ****ing reason (and Iím sure certain people in this forum are going to say it soon enough after this post), she has over 30 years of experience in baseball, and was widely recognized by MLB people as someone who would eventually become a GM in the league.
    For me , she just a person who got a job.
    If youre successful or unsuccessful, wont be cause you're a man or woman, it because of what you did.

I did see she has been around 30 years and I honestly never heard of her.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    For me , she just a person who got a job.
    If youre successful or unsuccessful, wont be cause you're a man or woman, it because of what you did.

I did see she has been around 30 years and I honestly never heard of her.

You must not pay much attention to these things. Sheís been talked about a lot for GM openings for the last 15 years.

Nobody is saying sheís going to be successful because sheís a woman. Thatís a weird comment. Obviously her success will depend on her performance, the people around her, and the investment ownership will make in the roster.

The significant thing about her getting this job as the first female and the first Asian American GM is the representation it reflects. It shows the next generation of women trying to get into MLB that you can aspire to the top job. It shows the next generation of Asian Americans breaking into MLB that there isnít a limit on how far you can go in your career. Just like women and young girls might be inspired to see a woman on a winning presidential ticket, girls and women who want to get into Mlb can be inspired by a woman running an organization. Thatís a good thing.

I have no idea how well she will do. Thatís a tough job in Miami and she has been with the league office for the last decade. Itís fair to ask if sheís as in tune with the analytical developments of the last decade as candidates who have been in front offices recently. Perhaps she is, weíll see. Itís cool that she gets the opportunity to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    You must not pay much attention to these things. Sheís been talked about a lot for GM openings for the last 15 years.

Nobody is saying sheís going to be successful because sheís a woman. Thatís a weird comment. Obviously her success will depend on her performance, the people around her, and the investment ownership will make in the roster.

The significant thing about her getting this job as the first female and the first Asian American GM is the representation it reflects. It shows the next generation of women trying to get into MLB that you can aspire to the top job. It shows the next generation of Asian Americans breaking into MLB that there isnít a limit on how far you can go in your career. Just like women and young girls might be inspired to see a woman on a winning presidential ticket, girls and women who want to get into Mlb can be inspired by a woman running an organization. Thatís a good thing.

I have no idea how well she will do. Thatís a tough job in Miami and she has been with the league office for the last decade. Itís fair to ask if sheís as in tune with the analytical developments of the last decade as candidates who have been in front offices recently. Perhaps she is, weíll see. Itís cool that she gets the opportunity to prove it.
    I'm sure I probably heard or read the name in the past and just dont recall it, just like the guy the Angels just hired as GM, I dont recall ever hearing of him before..
    So no, I don't pay much attention to all these people names in every organization.

My comment wasn't towards anyone.
    it just that I dont care if you're a man or woman who get a job, I just look at how well you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    I'm sure I probably heard or read the name in the past and just dont recall it, just like the guy the Angels just hired as GM, I dont recall ever hearing of him before..
    So no, I don't pay much attention to all these people names in every organization.

My comment wasn't towards anyone.
    it just that I dont care if you're a man or woman who get a job, I just look at how well you do it.

You and I donít have to care. I understand why women or Asian Americans or people who care about them having representation in a new industry might care.

There should be no questioning her ability to compete in any job that doesnít require physical skill.
    "But yeah...this is the BLM era and the Dems are running a mass incarceration ticket." ManRam

In conversations with other teams, the Cubs are signaling there will be significant turnover on the roster, with a willingness to move almost any veteran Ė as well as just about anyone from the core group of position players who won the 2016 World Series, including shortstop Javier Baez.
    - via Buster Olney. Canít say Iím surprised

2016 World Series Champions!!!

- via Buster Olney. Canít say Iím surprised
    ďAlmost any veteran.Ē

Iím guessing Hendricks is the only real exception.

Iím just ready for us to do something. These last few years of doing nothing has been brutal. Either trade and get some prospects or pour some money into this team and try to make it better. Should finally be an interesting offseason to give us something to talk about.

Id rather they do nothing than start dumping players in salary saving moves when their value is at the lroses. And everyone who says otherwise and would be happy if these guys are wrong will be the first to disappear and not post for 3 years or whine about being a 72 win team.

Its easy to say we want action. But I don't want action for action's sake without getting back a good return. And I fear very much the return we get on these guys isn't going to be very rosey.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Id rather they do nothing than start dumping players in salary saving moves when their value is at the lroses. And everyone who says otherwise and would be happy if these guys are wrong will be the first to disappear and not post for 3 years or whine about being a 72 win team.

Its easy to say we want action. But I don't want action for action's sake without getting back a good return. And I fear very much the return we get on these guys isn't going to be very rosey.

If youíre referring to my post, I just mean pick a direction. Surely you donít want these guys to walk for nothing? Especially considering we cried broke for 2 straight years. Unwillingness to add to the group has really hurt us. Weíve had ample opportunities to extend some of this core and have only locked up Hendricks. Now many are approaching free agency and decisions have to be made. I didnít mention anywhere to move guys just to make moves. Maybe I wasnít clear, I simply meant pick a direction. Maybe I should have said, ďwell I hope they donít just give these guys away to dump salary,Ē but I assumed that went without saying. Thatís quite obvious that nobody wants that.

Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    If youíre referring to my post, I just mean pick a direction. Surely you donít want these guys to walk for nothing? Especially considering we cried broke for 2 straight years. Unwillingness to add to the group has really hurt us. Weíve had ample opportunities to extend some of this core and have only locked up Hendricks. Now many are approaching free agency and decisions have to be made. I didnít mention anywhere to move guys just to make moves. Maybe I wasnít clear, I simply meant pick a direction. Maybe I should have said, ďwell I hope they donít just give these guys away to dump salary,Ē but I assumed that went without saying. Thatís quite obvious that nobody wants that.
    Id rather the team try to win a bad division and then lose them rather then getting dumpy returns for them/salary dump them in a buyers market saturated with dumps.

Getting the kinds of returns we may get may very well not get us very far into a rebuild.

If the answer is "trade them all for junk returns" whilst tanking... thats still a direction. It doesn't make it a good one. The Cubs may very well suck for the next 3-5 years in that case. Maybe longer.. Going full tank isn't an easy rebound. And the last time the Cubs did it they had one of the best in the business running it and got quite lucky a few times. We can't expect that luck again.

So yeah, I think I'd prefer a "roll it back" to that, myself. If it was a market where the Cubs could Jumpstart a rebuild? It would make sense. I think they will very much struggle junpstarting that rebuild with the "trade everyone" approach; Darvish and Contreras would be the only 2 Id think would return much. Even then, in this market, I wonder how much they would bring back.

Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 11-16-2020 at 12:50 AM.

2016 players..
    Contreras
    Rizzo
    Baez
    Bryant
    Schwarber
    Heyward
    Hendricks

My guess:
    Probably see what they can get for Baez and Bryant, and depending on offers will determine if they move one, both, or neither.

Schwarber probably gone

Heyward 50/50, may need to move him to shed some money off payroll

The rest will stay

Darvish, they might dangle to see what offered and he also big money they can shed

Kimbrel will probably be moved

So, we will probably see little movements once again cause they probably wont like the offers in return