Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 313 of 314 FirstFirst ... 213263303311312313314 LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,695 of 4701

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I havenít qwhite figured that out either.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

He doesn't take a deuce on a major league diamond.

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status...499663362?s=19

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status...499663362?s=19

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    WOW good for JBJ, more than I thought he'd get, bad for the Cubs that Brewers are a bit better. I can't even remember the status of Cain right now, I guess he's getting old. Good defense in the Crew OF.

My final word on Marquez thingy:

Sometimes I mouth off as fans do, sometimes I make comments on things that cannot be backed up with data and soley based on my observations and my own theories based more on human behaviour and psychology than statistics. People are free to disagree, and I understand why people don't agree with things that have literally no trackable data to back them.

Baseball is fun. Go Cubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    My final word on Marquez thingy:

Sometimes I mouth off as fans do, sometimes I make comments on things that cannot be backed up with data and soley based on my observations and my own theories based more on human behaviour and psychology than statistics. People are free to disagree, and I understand why people don't agree with things that have literally no trackable data to back them.

Baseball is fun. Go Cubs.
    Literally any person who has ever studied psychology would tell you: I cannot make determinations about someone's [insert psychological conclusion] without meeting the person.

So no, you don't use psychology to make any determination about anything. What you do is jump to conclusions with essentially no evidence at all. As you stated yourself at the end there.

I'm glad it's at least clear to you why people would say that a nearly completely baseless claim is not agreeable, though.
    Last edited by Doogolas; 03-04-2021 at 01:20 PM.

If you're referring to Nico, yes he did. Literally almost every game. Or did you not clearly see the frustration on his face on easy groundout number 5000?

2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

Nico has been taking a deuce in the batters box since he came up.

I still like Nico and think heíll become an above average 2b or rotational player. His increase in walk rate last year was somewhat encouraging and I think he will get that K rate significantly lower than it was in 2020. However, letís not pretend that he hasnít been completely overwhelmed offensively at the Mlb level to this point. If Marquez took a deuce on the mound one time, Nico has taken a couple hundred of them in the box so far. Stinky.

Edit - Doogs beat me.
    Last edited by CP_414; 03-04-2021 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    Literally any person who has ever studied psychology would tell you: I cannot make determinations about someone's [insert psychological conclusion] without meeting the person.

So no, you don't use psychology to make any determination about anything. What you do is jump to conclusions with essentially no evidence at all. As you stated yourself at the end there.

I'm glad it's at least clear to you why people would say that a nearly completely baseless claim is not agreeable, though.
    Since my observations are subjective, and not based on objective data, yes I will freely admit I could be totally wrong about all of my opinions. Maybe Marquez is a 70 in the composure side of makeup. We'd all agree that's probably not likely, but crazier things have happened.

Nico has been taking a deuce in the batters box since he came up.

I still like Nico and think heíll become an above average 2b or rotational player. His increase in walk rate last year was somewhat encouraging and I think he will get that K rate significantly lower than it was in 2020. However, letís not pretend that he hasnít been completely overwhelmed offensively at the Mlb level to this point. If Marquez took a deuce on the mound one time, Nico has taken a couple hundred of them in the box so far. Stinky.
    When I say "taking a deuce", I mean being scared crapless to the point of soiling oneself during play (exaggeration). I think for Nico his failures have to do with limitations in approach, experience, and physical limits, rather than him having composure issues on the field, given how he seems to handle himself defensively, and with teammates in the dugout when the cameras are rolling etc. He doesn't seem too overwhelmed psychologically, while being overwhelming physically at times. But yes, this is just a guess of observing as a fan watching TV.

Marquez, simply in his 1 inning, got lost physically (inconsistent mechanics leading to control issues), and then as a result (in my subjective and amateur observation) seemed to look lost mentally and lose some confidence, which is similar to how CJ Edwards looked sometimes when he struggled with command. But for Marquez I'd think this is largely due to inexperience. Sustained success breeds confidence, which players gain more of in the minors as they perform well, though some players can use self-delusions such as cockiness to shelter the ego to avoid psychological stress that comes from the possibility of future failure. If I were to choose a cocky player or an insecure player, i'd take the cocky player since they at least believe in themselves and wouldn't self-sabotage...unless they're so cocky that it causes issues with teammates etc. The ideal is of course the confident player who doesn't have crippling self-doubt during performance struggles (is confident his troubles will end soon and will soon have success again) nor is he under the self-delusion that he's infallible and acts like he's the greatest thing since Cy Young.

And of course I have no idea what is really going through the mind of any player, though sometimes visual "tells" in body language/behaviour can lead to indications of their thoughts/feelings. We all know Trevor Bauer is cocky because he displays clear visual indicators of his thoughts/feelings (first pumps and strut after a strikeout etc). Bauer's cockiness is sometimes annoying and off-putting, but it does allow him to get the job done based on the on-field results, unlike self-sabotaging thoughts which can lead Chuck Knoblauch to be incapable of throwing from 2B to 1B, or Rick Ankiel from the rubber to the plate. Baseball is 90% mental, the other half is physical as they say.

I thought you were done?

of course I have no idea what is really going through the mind of any player
    Edited to leave the portion of your post that is correct.

I am so confused. Are we talking L'Orťal Paris or Maybelline New York here?

I thought you were done?

Edited to leave the portion of your post that is correct.
    My psychological profile of you through observation is that you can't help but being a jerk, it's in your DNA, you just like trolling. You are incapable of respectful adult conversation, which is not uncommon on the internet. Good luck with that in life. Trump got to be POTUS by being a troll so you have some hope.

Can y'all just get a ruler, measure your dicks and move on?