Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 300 of 314 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310 ... LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 4701
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    I don't know what Rizzo will get on the free market, but he will get his maximum value and likely more than he would get via a Cubs extension.

I'd like him to stay a Cub but I also wouldn't begrudge him if he went to the highest bidder since he's taken team-friendly deals in the past. He owes the Cubs organization and fans nothing.
    He is on a team friendly deal because he signed it before reaching his peak performance. That is the risk he took, nobody forced him to sign the contract. This is what early extensions are all about- if Tatis stays healthy and keeps performing, he will most definitely be underpaid for a portion of his contract. He signed early, because its a ton of security and the team limits the high end of its risk.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    World Series or bust

Tepera is a MLB deal . I guess Wick will start on the IL and could go to the 60 day IL , to have another 40 man spot open . They will probably carry 9 relievers . I think the following 6 are locks or close to it :

Kimbrel / Winkler / Tepera / Workman / Adam / Chafin

That would leave 3 spots open if they carry 9. Guys who canít be optioned are : Underwood / Fenter / Maples .

Alzolay is still TBD in terms of minor league options .

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Cubs added Chase Strumpf and Andy Weber to ST camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Tepera is a MLB deal . I guess Wick will start on the IL and could go to the 60 day IL , to have another 40 man spot open . They will probably carry 9 relievers . I think the following 6 are locks or close to it :

That would leave 3 spots open if they carry 9. Guys who canít be optioned are : Underwood / Fenter / Maples .

If they keep to roster limit at 26 ,(and I think it should be at 27 for this season), I think they will only have 8 RPs. 5 OF, 6 IF, 2C, 5 SP, and 8 RPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    If they keep to roster limit at 26 ,(and I think it should be at 27 for this season), I think they will only have 8 RPs. 5 OF, 6 IF, 2C, 5 SP, and 8 RPs.
    I think they will definitely go with 9 man bullpen before a 5 man bench given the lack of innings last year.

Javy basically saying he doesnít want to play for another team got me thinking about what an extension looks like with him ... BN thinks the bogaerts extension is a parameter . Iíd probably try and stretch it to 7 yrs instead of the 6 bogaerts got to lower the AAV hit.
    7/130 ( includes this season bumping his salary up to 15m from 11.6m. Essentially making it 6/115 w Opt out after 3 years. 18.5 AAV)
    21-15m
    22-19.5m
    23-20.5m
    óopt out (4/75m left so with 3 good years he would probably opt out, age 30, to try and get more years elsewhere)
    24-20m
    25-20m
    26-19m
    27-16m

I donít think I hate it and with a normal javy year, not looking at 2020 as the norm, can probably opt out and get a 5 or 6 year deal somewhere else and by then(2024) hopefully the Cubs will have a SS in waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by huff View Post
    Javy basically saying he doesnít want to play for another team got me thinking about what an extension looks like with him ... BN thinks the bogaerts extension is a parameter . Iíd probably try and stretch it to 7 yrs instead of the 6 bogaerts got to lower the AAV hit.
    7/130 ( includes this season bumping his salary up to 15m from 11.6m. Essentially making it 6/115 w Opt out after 3 years. 18.5 AAV)
    21-15m
    22-19.5m
    23-20.5m
    óopt out (4/75m left so with 3 good years he would probably opt out, age 30, to try and get more years elsewhere)
    24-20m
    25-20m
    26-19m
    27-16m

I donít think I hate it and with a normal javy year, not looking at 2020 as the norm, can probably opt out and get a 5 or 6 year deal somewhere else and by then(2024) hopefully the Cubs will have a SS in waiting.
    7 years for Baez is almost assuredly a bad contract.

Wouldn't touch a Baez extension. He may not WANT to play for another team but his profile screams "don't extend me". He relies almost entirely everything (base running, defense, bat speed) that falls off quickly, and almost nothing (plate discipline) that ages well. Like Baez as a guy, but he should not be extended as it will probably be a bad one we regret. Betting on a profile like Baez is how you thether a $20m anchor for 4 years you wish you didn't have.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cubs1423 View Post
    I think they will definitely go with 9 man bullpen before a 5 man bench given the lack of innings last year.
    Then your choices are either 4 OF and 6IF or 5 OF and 5 IF; of these, which do you predict?

Then your choices are either 4 OF and 6IF or 5 OF and 5 IF; of these, which do you predict?
    Romine Bote Vargas Marisnick will most likely be the bench to start the season, they'll probably add a 5th guy once the SP start going deeper into games

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Romine Bote Vargas Marisnick will most likely be the bench to start the season, they'll probably add a 5th guy once the SP start going deeper into games

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Personally, I'd rather have Maybein than a 14th pitcher. Actually I'd like to have both, meaning a 27-man roster since not one pitcher was able to pitch 100 innings in 2020.

Personally, I'd rather have Maybein than a 14th pitcher. Actually I'd like to have both, meaning a 27-man roster since not one pitcher was able to pitch 100 innings in 2020.
    There will be a 26 man active roster from April-August, and then a 28-man active roster in September.

The only time before September that a team can have 27 players is for teams that are playing a doubleheader.

A 27 man roster makes a lot of sense given that teams will need to use more pitchers in 2021. Bullpens are going to be more important this year than any other year.

Exactly!