Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 90 of 237 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 3545
    Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    Ehhh bet the Yankees grab him. He will hit 40 dingers in that short porch in RF.
    I could see him going there. I think Oakland is a great fit too. Not the ballpark necessarily, but itís a good team and playing time wonít be an issue like it might with the Yankees.

Ehhh bet the Yankees grab him. He will hit 40 dingers in that short porch in RF.
    That would be interesting. Yanks already have Stanton and have said he is not going to play OF anymore, just DH. Ergo Schwabs would need to play LF for them, at least until Stanton hurts himself again.
    Last edited by Stevemil505; 12-03-2020 at 11:56 AM.

I think we can find a spot for him on the Southside....I'd like the move..

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Teammates, coaches, staff and fans.

No mention of ownership. He's rightfully bitter that they refused to pony up his money

2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    I think we can find a spot for him on the Southside....I'd like the move..
    Unless you guys trade Vaughn (preferably to the Cubs), there isnít a clear spot for Schwarber on the south side all year. He canít play RF and heís better than Eloy in the outfield so Eloy canít either. He can DH to start the season but once Vaughn is up that becomes a competition.

I think there are a bunch of teams that have 600 PAs available for Schwarber.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    But they're not trying to fix the offense. They're trying to fix their payroll. Your plan a few posts up looks about right. Bring in crap players, for short term, and very cheap. Readdress this after the 2021 season when their books are very favorable.
    Yeah it's obviously payroll related. The Cubs lost a lot of revenue last year like all other teams. It's ridiculous to expect the Cubs to carry a payroll that wouldn't be affected by that revenue loss. It's possible all we do is sign guys on the cheap this winter and just hope we run into some good deals. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I could see him going there. I think Oakland is a great fit too. Not the ballpark necessarily, but itís a good team and playing time wonít be an issue like it might with the Yankees.
    If I were him I'd sign a 1-year deal with the team that would guarantee full playing time

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    If I were him I'd sign a 1-year deal with the team that would guarantee full playing time
    If I'm Schwarber, I sign with the team that offers the most years and obviously money.

If he signs a 1 year deal and craps the bed again with another down year, he could end up a journeyman getting bench money year to year

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

I don't see it. They have Clint Frazier ready to take over in LF and they are likely to bring Brett Gardner back. Now if you said Boston, I would agree with that. I just don't see the fit in NY for Schwarber.
    Screw sabermetics.

2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

Hoping that they max out in the 165 mil range at the least . If that is the case after trading KB they should have around 24 /25 mil to work with . Saw some talk yesterday of 180-190 by Gonzales . I donít think that is happening .

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dfan25; 12-03-2020 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Hoping that they max out in the 165 mil range at the least . If that is the case after trading KB they should have around 24 /25 mil to work with . Saw some talk yesterday of 180-190 by Gonzales . I donít think that is happening .

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Relarively speaking, if they're going to go under $175m they might as well go as low as they want. There isn't going to be a big difference between a Cubs team at $170m and $140m if they're cutting this much salary. They'll just be really bad, or normal bad.

Which isn't to say you cannot have a winning team below $170m. Its to say with the roster the Cubs currently have, I don't see any way they can put a team under $170m or so and have a winning combo.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 12-03-2020 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Unless you guys trade Vaughn (preferably to the Cubs), there isnít a clear spot for Schwarber on the south side all year. He canít play RF and heís better than Eloy in the outfield so Eloy canít either. He can DH to start the season but once Vaughn is up that becomes a competition.

I think there are a bunch of teams that have 600 PAs available for Schwarber.
    If we were to do that and trade Vaughn to you guys , where would he play? 1st base is taken...3rd? Unless Bryant is traded, but to say he'd be a fit at third would be a stretch...

If Vaughn is moved it would be in a Snell deal........But I really find it hard to believe that TB is trading Snell.

I agree about Eloy............He's god awful in the field and IMO he should be the everyday DH for the Sox.