Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 88 of 237 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 3545
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    Yah, I don't see why he would come back. It's not like the Cubs were ever looking to pay him more when he had a great season and was super undervalued. Somebody's going to get a very good righty masher for 3-5 million. The Cubs will replace him with somebody cheaper and worse while pocketing the difference.
    Worse???
    Not saying he terrible but it not like his bar was high

Might not happen this offseason but they can easily upgrade in 2022

The only thing that suk about NT Schwarber is that they're getting nothing in return for him except saving some money, assuming his replacement is paid less then 8 mil

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/PJ_Mooney/status...325740032?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Worse???
    Not saying he terrible but it not like his bar was high

Might not happen this offseason but they can easily upgrade in 2022

The only thing that suk about NT Schwarber is that they're getting nothing in return for him except saving some money, assuming his replacement is paid less then 8 mil

Schwarber has been around a 3 win player his last 2 full seasons. Yes last year was bad. But it was only 60 games and its not unlike players to have bad stretches like that every so often (even the best).

It's probable that Schwarber finishes in 2021 between 2 and 3 wins. Thats a safe and conservative projection. If you're signing an OFer for under $5m, I highly doubt you're getting anyone who's going to conservatively finish in that range.

So, yes, I agree the Cubs will almost assuredly be worse in LF than they would be had they kept Schwarber. 2022 may be a different story and thats fine. But I believe the post was simply addressing 2021, and I cannot see the Cubs having a better bet in LF than Schwarber going forward for that season alone.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Schwarber has been around a 3 win player his last 2 full seasons. Yes last year was bad. But it was only 60 games and its not unlike players to have bad stretches like that every so often (even the best).

It's probable that Schwarber finishes in 2021 between 2 and 3 wins. Thats a safe and conservative projection. If you're signing an OFer for under $5m, I highly doubt you're getting anyone who's going to conservatively finish in that range.

So, yes, I agree the Cubs will almost assuredly be worse in LF than they would be had they kept Schwarber. 2022 may be a different story and thats fine. But I believe the post was simply addressing 2021, and I cannot see the Cubs having a better bet in LF than Schwarber going forward for that season alone.

From a baseball production standpoint, they will likely be worse in LF. From the owners payroll standpoint, they will be better in LF. They don't care about winning or the production of the players. They care about how much money they can make.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    From a baseball production standpoint, they will likely be worse in LF. From the owners payroll standpoint, they will be better in LF. They don't care about winning or the production of the players. They care about how much money they can make.
    Well...yeah, agreed. Straight up I'm tired of the poor shtick we are getting. But thats not really the discussion that was being brought up.

Right, I said it might be someone worse for 2021, but after that I doubt it..

What do you look at as far as showing him as a 2 - 3 win player

Dodgers acquired P Corey Knebel from Brewers for cash considerations or PTBNL

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Right, I said it might be someone worse for 2021, but after that I doubt it..

What do you look at as far as showing him as a 2 - 3 win player

Fangraphs. He was 3.2 in 2018. 2.6 in 2019. STEAMER has him projected at 2.4....I think he will finish higher (they have his defense a bit low, I feel).

Frankly, the most conservative projections should put him as a 2 win OFer next year. Anyone suggesting otherwise is just being silly.

I figured Schwarber was going to be non tendered. Cubs have been crying broke for a few years now, they weren't going to pay him 5-6 million. I was hoping I was wrong, but not surprised at all.

Well...yeah, agreed. Straight up I'm tired of the poor shtick we are getting. But thats not really the discussion that was being brought up.

I know bud. I'm just so ****ing pissed about the direction they are going in. I was duped in to thinking that we had an "owner who cares." I made peace with it, but I still don't have to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    So ****ing dumb.

Great time to be a ****ing season ticket holder.
    So glad I let my season tickets go a few years ago. The first offseason they pulled this broke **** I didn't renew.

Fangraphs. He was 3.2 in 2018. 2.6 in 2019. STEAMER has him projected at 2.4....I think he will finish higher (they have his defense a bit low, I feel).

Frankly, the most conservative projections should put him as a 2 win OFer next year. Anyone suggesting otherwise is just being silly.

Ok, cause baseball reference only has him above 2 once in 19 at 2.1, He was a 1.8 in 18

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    So glad I let my season tickets go a few years ago. The first offseason they pulled this broke **** I didn't renew.
    After they won the WS, they raised my seats 29%!!! The following year, I gave them up.

Ok, cause baseball reference only has him above 2 once in 19 at 2.1, He was a 1.8 in 18

DRS has never liked him at all. Basically if you like Kyle its only fangraphs that props him up. His range seems to be adequate and he's proven to be a good hitter for the most part. Per BRef he's a 5 win player over his career which is close to 4 full seasons.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    After they won the WS, they raised my seats 29%!!! The following year, I gave them up.
    My first year was 2014 and my last was 2018. I wasn't even going to do 2018 but decided to. Then I could tell they weren't as committed to winning as they should be and like you said, just raising the prices so I was done. Going to a WS game and several playoff games was good enough for me anyway.