Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 87 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 3514
    So ****ing dumb.

Great time to be a ****ing season ticket holder.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    They essentially just made him a FA a year early and got nothing in return, while selling when his value was at an all-time low.

Oh well. I suppose they could resign/extend him with his value also at an all-time low but why??? Cut the cord.
    Because he's still useful and 27. Getting useful players on low contracts is always good.

But I doubt it'll happen. Hes done here.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Does this really surprise you? He's pretty much the low end of a role player. And that's in Colorado. After last years performance, I'm sure they didn't want to pay him 2.5 mil this year.
    I really like a healthy David Dahl. Problem is is he legitimately is injury prone. Always something with him. For 2.5 mil, I would bet on his upside 10/10 times. So yeah, Iím really shocked by this.

2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

NVM

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dfan25; 12-02-2020 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    I really like a healthy David Dahl. Problem is is he legitimately is injury prone. Always something with him. For 2.5 mil, I would bet on his upside 10/10 times. So yeah, Iím really shocked by this.
    Fair enough

2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

As for Schwarbs I donít think he fits into this roster anymore . Obviously they wanted to cut some money but I think they also want a guy with a different skill set out there in the OF . Hopefully they can find a 2.5 / 3 war guy for less money than what Schwarbs was supposed to make . Itís going to be difficult though .

Would have like for them to get something in return but clearly nobody wanted to give up anything for him and pay his projected arbitration salary .

Last edited by Dfan25; 12-02-2020 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Any interest in Jameson Taillon ?

I would think so

Kyle's launch angle dropped about 40% below his career average last season. He gets that back into the career range and boom, he'll be back to his usual well above average self. I think we can bring him back cheaper than his arb estimate, with this market.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

NT Tepera makes zero sense

Quote Originally Posted by Cubs420 View Post
    Isnt Ricketts the one who invested a ton of cash into the Cubs Latin American system and facilities?

Also, I would say landing Theo on its own was the best thing Ricketts or anyone else could have done for this franchise. Sure you can say the Cubs got lucky that Red Sox **** their pants, but he still had to sell the job and the future of the franchise operations to Theo, the guy could have gone anywhere he wanted.

I'm not gonna sit here and say Ricketts is the best owner in baseball, because honestly I have no idea who is or who isn't. Just don't think hes done nearly enough wrong to warrant hating him.
    ďA ton of cash?Ē

No. How much do you think a facility in the Dominican costs? The cost was estimated at $6-$8 million and it was done to help them sign players that would be a lot cheaper than paying Mlb free agents. Itís a hell of a stretch to praise Ricketts on the day they cut a 2-3 win player to save $8 million because he invested about $8 million in a Dominican facility 9 years ago when he cut tens of millions off the MLB payroll. They were also renting a facility at the time so itís a better long term investment for them to own property instead of renting a crappy facility. Thatís not some massive investment that we should praise him for, itís an investment that will save him money.

Itís pretty easy to sell the Cubs to Theo. He gave Theo control and I complimented him for that. I agree that you donít know enough to say who the best owners are. If you like Ricketts, good for you. I think heís mediocre at best even compared against a group of mediocre owners.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    NT Tepera makes zero sense

Agreed

Saw them both play together in Kane County
    Had a crappy phone for pictures..lol

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

I would have NT Winkler and Ryan and would have tender Tepera . That cutter was one of the most effective pitches in baseball during the short season and although the walk rate was very high he had good rates in that department before . I would have given him another chance .

https://twitter.com/JesseRogersESPN/...236761088?s=19

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Yah, I don't see why he would come back. It's not like the Cubs were ever looking to pay him more when he had a great season and was super undervalued. Somebody's going to get a very good righty masher for 3-5 million. The Cubs will replace him with somebody cheaper and worse while pocketing the difference.