Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/WatchMarquee/sta...898070530?s=19

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status...952170496?s=19

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status...085685760?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Because of the hypocrisy and the crying poor. He is consistently adding new revenue streams via the Cubs (TV, the field, developing businesses around the field) but refuses to put that money back in to the team. Won't tell anyone how much he makes, but damnit, he will let you know how much he loses. Its the baseball team that takes hits, and fans are left holding the receipt. And if that's the way he wants to handle his money, fine but that doesn't mean he should be liked or get plaudits for doing it. The Cubs are speaking about non-tendering Kris Bryant but Ricketts just got a $100m tax break on Wrigley. So now you, I and others get to deal with a dumpy team for a few years, but Tom doesn't care and he's on record of stating none of that tax break money goes to the Cubs. It goes to Tom. Fans paid for the renovations with tickets, and food, and drink; but none of the tax money's going back to the team. **** that noise.

I'm not saying others may not play the same game. But frankly, I don't care. Tom Rickett's is the Cubs owner and he doesn't have to do things "cause everyone else does", so he doesn't get a pass because other owners suck. He could almost assuredly do a ton more on the field, and still rake in cash hand over fist. It doesn't have to be mutually exclusive.

And hey, maybe we'll all be shocked. Maybe the Cubs are playing a "waiting" game and plan to attack the market and are just playing coy. Is it the most insane thing? No, it's not. But it's all the same argument fans have had since the Cubs didn't appear interested in Bryce Harper, that the team was laying in wait. Every report on the planet surrounding the Cubs suggest they won't. So maybe I'll have to re-*****. But...probably not.

And none of that is on the politics side. To be transparent; I do not subscribe to his politics, and that's another issue but has nothing to do with Ricketts the owner. He could have a different opinion on politics but do the best for the Cubs and I'd say Tom Ricketts the Cubs Owner is great. I cannot stand Ricketts the baseball owner because the franchise is playing poor in the market to buy low and be a winner. I can't stand watching Tom play developer and not Cub owner. It's annoying as hell to watch the team find every excuse on the planet to cut payroll. It's embarrassing to watch the team have to be in a situation where contemplating non-tendering good players is on the table.

So in short, Tom Ricketts the Cubs owner can shove it. It doesn't have to be this way. The Cubs should be the unique team who's buying a championship this year. So yeah, I hate Tom Ricketts the owner because he's realistically, no better than any of the others, he does not seem overly committed to the team and we the fans seem to be the ones on the other end of the stick.

I wouldnt have minded Ricketts spending a little more cash and a billionaire crying poor is never a good look, but if I am being honest, I really don't think he was the main problem the last few years. I blame the front office more, was the front office given every possible cent the Cubs could muster up? Probably not, but they were given enough resources to put together a better team than what we saw over the last 2 years.

Let's be honest, what would an extra $15-20 mil really have done for this team last year? Was that going to fix a broken offense and a bad bullpen? This team wasn't disappointing because there wasn't enough cash laying around, they were disappointing because the front office lost its mojo. They just had to give away Kyle Schwarber for nothing because they were too stubborn to sell "high". Add it to a long list of disappoints post 2016.

So yea you can be mad at Ricketts for not throwing a band aid on a dumpster fire but I still point the finger in a different direction.

Rogers confirms. Schwarber NTed.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Non-tendering Schwarber is in no way "the right" move. He's a 2-3 win player signed for much less than a 2-3 win player. If you want to change things...we can talk. But you get something for him. The Cubs are getting nothing. And getting nothing for an MLB player who's got value is never right.
    I don't disagree. But on the other hand, our lineup needs a shake-up badly and there's going to be a lot of guys on the FA market who can be nabbed for a discount. If he's non-tendered it means Hoyer couldn't get anything for him in a trade, and if we wanted to get rid of him this would be the only way in that case.

At this point I'd swap Schwarber for any other 2-3 WAR OF just to shake up our lineup. Not sure that happens for 8 million though.

https://twitter.com/JesseRogersESPN/...221635585?s=19

Rogers confirms. Schwarber NTed.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    What a joke