Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 69 of 227 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 3396
  1. #1021
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    12,533
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    If he plays next year, he could land on one of the following teams. All should compete, and all need SP.

    Cubs
    Sox
    Braves
    Yanks
    BoSox
    Angels
    Twins
    Mets
    Nats
    Giants
    I donít see a fit on all those teams and I definitely donít see all those teams competing next year. Just running down the list, Iím not sure how competitive the Cubs will be. I donít see a fit with the Sox or Braves. Iíd guess the Yankees aim higher than Lester in their rotation. Boston wonít compete but they might be interested in a reunion. The Angels might be an option and I think theyíll be somewhat competitive. Dunno about the Twins...maybe I guess. The Mets will probably aim higher than Lester. The Nats could be an option, but they werenít competitive in 2019 and have a brutal division, weíll see how competitive they are. The Giants wonít really compete, but they might be interested in Lester.

    I think the most likely destination for Lester is the Cubs.

  2. #1022
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    9,858
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I donít see a fit on all those teams and I definitely donít see all those teams competing next year. Just running down the list, Iím not sure how competitive the Cubs will be. I donít see a fit with the Sox or Braves. Iíd guess the Yankees aim higher than Lester in their rotation. Boston wonít compete but they might be interested in a reunion. The Angels might be an option and I think theyíll be somewhat competitive. Dunno about the Twins...maybe I guess. The Mets will probably aim higher than Lester. The Nats could be an option, but they werenít competitive in 2019 and have a brutal division, weíll see how competitive they are. The Giants wonít really compete, but they might be interested in Lester.

    I think the most likely destination for Lester is the Cubs.
    You went much further than I did.

    I also think that the Cubs are a match. What do you think the contract would look like in that case?

    If he does sign with the Cubs, do you think he'll be looking for his money back from all the beers he purchased? Haha

  3. #1023
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    12,533
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    You went much further than I did.

    I also think that the Cubs are a match. What do you think the contract would look like in that case?

    If he does sign with the Cubs, do you think he'll be looking for his money back from all the beers he purchased? Haha
    Iíd guess $5 mil at most for a year.

    Iíd also guess that Miller Lite paid for most of those beers, but it was a nice gesture.

  4. #1024
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    9,858
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Iíd guess $5 mil at most for a year.

    Iíd also guess that Miller Lite paid for most of those beers, but it was a nice gesture.
    You're probably right. I couldn't imagine anybody saying that Miller Lite is, "my favorite beer."

    I was thinking 1/3

  5. #1025
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    766
    Love Jon Lester but have a difficult time seeing why the Cubs would be interested in bringing him back unless Darvish is traded and they need bodies, which admittedly they do right now. I would just rather run out Alzolay and Abbot than Lester, at least by midseason. My issue is that Lester likely provides little upside and I think it is likely there are guys out there that can be had pretty cheap that offer a similar floor with greater upside (Wacha, maybe Dan Strailey, Rich Hill, Chatwood). They aren't sexy names, and admittedly the upside is still not particularly high, but Lester looks pretty done and I'd rather take gamble on a younger guy or someone who has battled injuries.

    I also think there is a good possibility we see a rotation arm come from a trade. Of course, if not and if the Cubs aren't high on Alzolay / Abbot being a able to assume a rotation spot by mid May then go ahead and fill the rotation with Lester...

  6. #1026
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    14,544
    https://twitter.com/jonheyman/status...201064966?s=21
    [emoji848]


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

  7. #1027
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    766
    I'm curious if we will see a Jon Gray trade before the tender deadline. Would prefer not to see him to go the Reds.

    Edit: Likely not Jon Gray https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/st...885590534?s=19

    That said, Gray, at ~5.5 million is someone I'd be far more interested in than bringing back Lester at $3-4 MM.
    Last edited by cubs1423; 11-25-2020 at 02:20 PM.

  8. #1028
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    https://twitter.com/jonheyman/status...201064966?s=21
    [emoji848]


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    I will say I really doubt itís any combo of Sonny Gray or Arenado involved in this trade.

  9. #1029
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,545

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  10. #1030
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    14,544

    2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    I will say I really doubt itís any combo of Sonny Gray or Arenado involved in this trade.
    NVM


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dfan25; 11-25-2020 at 02:54 PM.

  11. #1031
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,545

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  12. #1032
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    14,544

    2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

    NVM


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dfan25; 11-25-2020 at 02:49 PM.

  13. 11-25-2020, 02:30 PM
    Reason
    Spam.

  14. #1033
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    766
    https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status...66579927560193

    Reds, Rockies trade: Jeff Hoffman and Case Williams for Jameson Hannah and Robert Stephenson

  15. #1034
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,545

    2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

    Meh.

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  16. #1035
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    7,370
    Quote Originally Posted by cubs1423 View Post
    https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status...66579927560193

    Reds, Rockies trade: Jeff Hoffman and Case Williams for Jameson Hannah and Robert Stephenson
    I thought it said major leaguers
    [emoji849][emoji1787][emoji28]

    Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •