Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 68 of 227 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 3397
    If the Cubs have to sign one for '21: Lester or Arrieta?

I'd think I would go Lester only because I would like to see Chicago give Lester the proper send off.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    I could see going for 200 wins being 7 away..

I doubt he'd go to the Giants though, like I said if he does return it would be to a team that has a good chance to win ..

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Not sure. Maybe. He might have a tough time getting a guaranteed rotation spot with a really good team.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Not sure. Maybe. He might have a tough time getting a guaranteed rotation spot with a really good team.
    Not if he the 4th starter...

If Lester is the 4th best SP on a team, I would highly question if they were "a really good team". Lester may not be a serviceable 5th starter on a mediocre team at this stage.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

I donít see too many teams with a chance to win getting interested in Lester . Giants are interested and I believe the Red Sox are looking for a veteran SP to eat innings as well . Maybe he goes there . Wouldnít rule out the Cubs on him .

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Which WS contenders could use Lester as a 4? I imagine thatís a pretty short list.

I think heíll play next season even if he canít get a job on a contender.

2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

You guys think Eaton would come cheap enough on this market for the Cubs to be in on him ? He be okay as the strong part of a platoon in left . I think they will target Robbie Grossman but Eaton is sort of interesting .

And just after I asked about Eaton I noticed that his fielding has been going in the wrong direction for a while now .

Last edited by Dfan25; 11-24-2020 at 09:51 PM.

Which WS contenders could use Lester as a 4? I imagine thatís a pretty short list.

Like I said, I'd be surprised if he decides to play next season, unless it on a serious contender ..

So, if there no contending team that could use him, I'd be surprised if he joins a team just for the sake of winning 7 more games to get to 200..

Heck, it might take him all 30 starts to get to 7 wins on a non playoff team, he only got 3 with the cubs this past season in 12 starts.

So, just saying he might not want to go out struggling, just to try and win 7 games with a mediocre team.

Just my opinion

If the Pirates decide to non tender Frazier thatís a guy I could see the Cubs going after as well .

Like I said, I'd be surprised if he decides to play next season, unless it on a serious contender ..

So, if there no contending team that could use him, I'd be surprised if he joins a team just for the sake of winning 7 more games to get to 200..

Heck, it might take him all 30 starts to get to 7 wins on a non playoff team, he only got 3 with the cubs this past season in 12 starts.

So, just saying he might not want to go out struggling, just to try and win 7 games with a mediocre team.

Just my opinion

Disagree. Like I said, I bet he plays next year regardless of if a contender wants him.

Disagree. Like I said, I bet he plays next year regardless of if a contender wants him.
    Agree. Even if it's not a contender he signs with, if he pitches decently enough, he'll get traded to one.

Actually he might very well be the #4 on the Yankees, and with their power, if they stay healthy, ....

2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Actually he might very well be the #4 on the Yankees, and with their power, if they stay healthy, ....
    I doubt that by Opening Day Lester would be the #4 on the Yankees, but regardless it is a short list.

I doubt that by Opening Day Lester would be the #4 on the Yankees, but regardless it is a short list.
    If he plays next year, he could land on one of the following teams. All should compete, and all need SP.

Cubs
    Sox
    Braves
    Yanks
    BoSox
    Angels
    Twins
    Mets
    Nats
    Giants