Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 65 of 227 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast
    I think KB / Schwarbs and Contreras will go . In this scenario they should trade Darvish as well but i think Jed will try to win in 2022 so both Darvish and Hendricks stay . I think Rizzo will sign a new deal . Not sure about Javy . As you guys know plenty of SS that arenít as risky with the bat going forward as Javy is should be available in n FA soon .I think they will go hard after one of those instead of locking Javy long term

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Could see the Angels wanting Darvish

Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    Jared Porter would be a cool hire
    I think that's who it's gonna be.
    Last edited by thawv; 11-23-2020 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    That would be very exciting honestly.

https://twitter.com/feinsand/status/...047258628?s=21

Any interest in a Contreras trade for Snell? Or we looking more for pre arb / prospect type return? Heís 27 and is owed 3/40.

https://twitter.com/feinsand/status/...047258628?s=21

Any interest in a Contreras trade for Snell? Or we looking more for pre arb / prospect type return? Heís 27 and is owed 3/40.
    If the Cubs are dealing Contreras the goal is going to be shedding payroll while adding players for the future. Trading Contreras for Snell is shuffling papers around; the Cubs get a SP and fill a hole, while creating a hole at C, adding zero future control, and probably, basically, washing on cash. I don't think we solve anything except trade one name for another name and call it a day.

If Contreras goes, get a prospect haul back. Then, move Darvish for another. But I don't see much reason to trade Contreras for 3 years of simply a different player other than to pretend like the team's changing.

I think he's a name to watch, though I think there's a lot of really great guys out there. The D'Backs front office is really interesting, but both Porter and Sawadye have stipulations in their contract that states they can block their movement unless it's for a VP spot. So I think there's definitely enough roadblocks there that mean it's not going to make either guy presumptive favorites. Sawayde also, kind of does what Dan Kantrovitz does with the Cubs, so he might be too much on the player development side of things

The Rays have some really interesting guys in their front office, and guys who might really add a new concept into the front office. Bendix and Newell could get some traction there (or I hope especially Newell does. He's a stats guru). But while I like Porter and Sawadye for sure, I do think it'll be a pretty open search, as the Cubs have put little timeframe on it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    If the Cubs are dealing Contreras the goal is going to be shedding payroll while adding players for the future. Trading Contreras for Snell is shuffling papers around; the Cubs get a SP and fill a hole, while creating a hole at C, adding zero future control, and probably, basically, washing on cash. I don't think we solve anything except trade one name for another name and call it a day.

If Contreras goes, get a prospect haul back. Then, move Darvish for another. But I don't see much reason to trade Contreras for 3 years of simply a different player other than to pretend like the team's changing.
    I had the same thoughts when I posted this, but I didnít know if he could be a guy that we possibly look to extend before his contract is up. Like trade Darvish for prospects because he will be 36 before we could possibly be ready to contend again, but with Snell, you have a solid #2 / #3 type starter in his late 20ís / early 30ís when we are ready to contend again.

It was just a thought, but your point makes total sense too.

How about the Yankees in a Darvish deal?

Maybe Schmidt and Gil for Yu

They're not going to part with Garcia.

I had the same thoughts when I posted this, but I didnít know if he could be a guy that we possibly look to extend before his contract is up. Like trade Darvish for prospects because he will be 36 before we could possibly be ready to contend again, but with Snell, you have a solid #2 / #3 type starter in his late 20ís / early 30ís when we are ready to contend again.

It was just a thought, but your point makes total sense too.
    I don't expect the Cubs will trade someone to then offer them a contract. They could offer him a FA contract in 3 years and get prospects back from Contreras. So I don't think that will be the impetuous to trade for Snell.

I think they will prioritize young players.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 11-23-2020 at 08:54 PM.

I don't expect the Cubs will trade someone to then offer them a contract. They could offer him a FA contract in 3 years and get prospects back from Contreras.
    Yeah that makes more sense.

How about the Yankees in a Darvish deal?

Maybe Schmidt and Gil for Yu

They're not going to part with Garcia.
    I'm not sure the Yankees are going to part with young MLB Ready SP right now for Darvish's contract. They have considered dumping Sanchez as a non-tender.

It'd be a fine return if you like Schmidt and Gil. I'll admit; I don't really like Luis Gil. He's got a big fastball, but can't find the zone. It's been a full year since we've seen him, but he was walking well over 4 per 9 in A+. He's getting a tone of whiffs, but I'm more inclined to think he's just killing guys with velo right now, and worry what that will look like as he moves up. He was looking like a 2 pitch guy. He's not the kind I'd buy without seeing him for a year.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 11-23-2020 at 09:02 PM.

I'm not sure the Yankees are going to part with young MLB Ready SP right now for Darvish's contract. They have considered dumping Sanchez as a non-tender.

It'd be a fine return if you like Schmidt and Gil. I'll admit; I don't really like Luis Gil. He's got a big fastball, but can't find the zone. It's been a full year since we've seen him, but he was walking well over 4 per 9 in A+. He's getting a tone of whiffs, but I'm more inclined to think he's just killing guys with velo right now, and worry what that will look like as he moves up. He's looking more like a 2 pitch guy.
    Just trying to kick some thoughts around. I have to admit, I'm a big fan of velocity. I love it!

Gil may very well end up an 8th or 9th inning guy if he gets his control under wraps. Which I would also be fine with.

Just trying to kick some thoughts around. I have to admit, I'm a big fan of velocity. I love it!

Gil may very well end up an 8th or 9th inning guy if he gets his control under wraps. Which I would also be fine with.
    It's fine, but I'm not trading Darvish for a guy just because he throws fast and might be a back end guy, either. Gil's fine, but I think he has more worth to the Yankees than the Cubs. You just can't prioritize someone like Gil who's already showing tons of walk issues, after not seeing him for a year.

It's not a bad thought. I just don't think it's the fit. The Yankees probably won't deal Schmidt. The Cubs probably won't highly prioritize Gil's volatility.

It's fine, but I'm not trading Darvish for a guy just because he throws fast and might be a back end guy, either. Gil's fine, but I think he has more worth to the Yankees than the Cubs. You just can't prioritize someone like Gil who's already showing tons of walk issues, after not seeing him for a year.

It's not a bad thought. I just don't think it's the fit. The Yankees probably won't deal Schmidt. The Cubs probably won't highly prioritize Gil's volatility.
    I think the Cubs can do better in a Darvish trade. A lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk