Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I listen to the Athletic one most of the time. Brett bothers me, but itís ok. I only listed to 1 episode of the Ian Happ one. It was alright, but if Iím listening to Cubs conversation Iíd rather listen to more of the player development, what direction does the org go, whatís next stuff rather than the types of things they talk about on that one. Iíve tried the Cubs Related one a bunch of times. I just canít get into it. Iíve mentioned it before but it seems like they just take turns giving extended speeches. It is better than it used to be.

I hate sports radio, but the one thing they do well when they have multiple hosts is that they have conversations instead of giving speeches. So many of the Cubs podcasts arenít conversations, but are just individual rants back to back.
    I get what youíre saying. I have the same issues with podcasts too.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

I listed to Kaplanís podcast since I hate myself. He and Gordo seem to think thereís still a reallly good chance Theo walks away any day now and Hoyer takes over his role.
    Iíve expected Hoyer to take over once Theo leaves, now that we are possibly at that point, Iím not sure how I feel about it. What do you think about Hoyer calling the shots?

Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    Iíve expected Hoyer to take over once Theo leaves, now that we are possibly at that point, Iím not sure how I feel about it. What do you think about Hoyer calling the shots?
    Thereís no way to differentiate between Theo and Jed from the outside. We donít know which moves Jed led on or what he advocated for that Theo vetoed. The question has to be if you believe in this FO to do the next rebuild or not. If so, then you should be ok with Jed and if not then you should want an outside hire.

Iím good with it being Jed whenever Theo goes. Heíll just have a much shorter leash than Theo because heíll need to establish his own success.

Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    Have to think if Jed is indeed taking over full time after next season then he'll be the one making the decisions this offseason with regards to the core roster with extension and trades..
    My guess, indication of that if they dont flat out tell us, is Jed doing majority of the talking about transactions and the future outlook of the team over the winter, Theo kinda stays in the background.
    I hope eventually someone will ask that question to him or Theo the next time they do an interview.

My only thing is, I just wonder how much difference of a roster philosophy is there between Theo and Jed after all the years together

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

People say this every year, but the offseason drags and drags. I hope this series goes 7 so we get as much baseball as possible before a long winter of every team talking about how broke they are.
    Hahahaha.......I think this is true!

First cubs transaction [emoji57]

https://twitter.com/BleacherNation/s...915142656?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    First cubs transaction [emoji57]

https://twitter.com/BleacherNation/s...915142656?s=19

Canít blame them.

https://twitter.com/mbdchicago/statu...323481089?s=21

What a trash network they built.

Canít blame them.

https://twitter.com/mbdchicago/statu...323481089?s=21

What a trash network they built.
    Yeah itís pretty rough right now for Marquee.

Right now, a best-case scenario might resemble parts of the last two winters, which disappointed Cubs fans but still allowed Epsteinís group to target role players and sign the undervalued pitchers who thrive within the teamís game-planning system.

The worst-case projections would involve cuts far much more dramatic than expected, forcing a non-tender of an established player rather than take a chance of not being able to trade him and getting stuck with the salary in 2021.
    An excerpt from the last article via Mooney and Sharma from The Athletic. More sunshine and rainbows coming

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    An excerpt from the last article via Mooney and Sharma from The Athletic. More sunshine and rainbows coming
    This is where a farm system that contributes absolutely anything might come in handy.

2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    This offseason is going to suck.

They need to be realistic about their odds of winning next year while significantly cutting payroll. If you are thinking about non tendering an established impact guy because you are worried about having to pay him, then your season is done. At that point just go ahead and trade Darvish because in a best case scenario heíd be 35-36 the next time you can compete and heíd be the best pitcher on the market this winter. You probably need to trade Contreras, too, since heíll be a 30 year old catcher nearing free agency if you can build a contender by 2022 or heíll be a FA before you have a good roster again.
    Last edited by CP_414; 10-22-2020 at 01:47 PM.

This club is in a bad spot, they need to rebuild but are delaying for some reason. Maybe the Ricketts don't wanna risk losing more money

This offseason is going to suck.

It was only going to suck if you had expectations. For me, it's business as usual.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    It was only going to suck if you had expectations. For me, it's business as usual.
    Regardless of expectations itís going to suck to see this team dismantled on an agenda of lowering payroll rather than an agenda of acquiring talent.

Page 28 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast