Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I think the plan with Amaya probably depends on the plan for Contreras. If you extend Contreras for an extra year or two you are probably ok trying to use Amaya in a deal to get someone at a position of need. With Quintero and Hearn the Cubs should have a nice pipeline of catching prospects coming through the system and Contreras, if extended, would be locked in as the MLB catcher for the next few years.

If Contreras is dealt then Amaya is going to have the first chance to earn that MLB job in the next 2 years and Quintero or Hearn will need to take it away from him.
    I'd take the young player almost every time. Value for dollar is no comparison. Take that 20 million a year or whatever and go upgrade another position. Contreras would have to be worth 15-20 million more per year than Amaya.

A player's value isn't their WAR, it's WAR per dollar.

As of today, thatís a pretty depressing list.

They arenít where they were in 2014 both in terms of mlb talent and Milb talent, so fortunately this exact lineup will never happen.
    Yeah. Luckily we have Baez, Bryant, Rizzo, Schwarber all as trading chips to improve our farm system and whatnot.

As of today, thatís a pretty depressing list.

They arenít where they were in 2014 both in terms of mlb talent and Milb talent, so fortunately this exact lineup will never happen.
    Be nice if 3 or 4 of these guys become that new young "core" group in a couple years

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    I'd take the young player almost every time. Value for dollar is no comparison. Take that 20 million a year or whatever and go upgrade another position. Contreras would have to be worth 15-20 million more per year than Amaya.

A player's value isn't their WAR, it's WAR per dollar.
    Itís not hard to imagine Contreras being worth 15-20 million more per year than Amaya. Thatís probably the most likely scenario.

Itís not hard to imagine Contreras being worth 15-20 million more per year than Amaya. Thatís probably the most likely scenario.
    It would kinda suck that if opening day 2022 and there no Contreras Rizzo Baez Bryant or Schwarber, these guys couldn't get extended and last more then 6-7 yrs with them.

2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

Looks like we finally got our answer for the cost of Marquee on Comcast/Xfinity.

RSN fees for carrying the channel is an additional $6.20/month for Marquee, effective October 1st.
    Last edited by CubsRule08; 10-21-2020 at 11:15 AM.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Looks like we finally got our answer for the cost of Marquee on Comcast/Xfinity.

RSN fees for carrying the channel is an additional $6.20/month for Marquee, effective October 1st.
    I just got a notice from them that they're going to reimburse the cost from sports packages because of the lack of games on the next bill...

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    I just got a notice from them that they're going to reimburse the cost from sports packages because of the lack of games on the next bill...

Yeah, but theyíre only reimbursing you with like $14. I got the email too.

I cant wait til WS over and we'll hopefully get a sample of what the cubs will do this offseason with options, QO, and FA starting a week after

Last edited by chibears55; 10-21-2020 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    I cant wait til WS over and we'll hopefully get a sample of what the cubs will do this offseason with options, QO, and FA starting a week after

People say this every year, but the offseason drags and drags. I hope this series goes 7 so we get as much baseball as possible before a long winter of every team talking about how broke they are.

I listed to Kaplanís podcast since I hate myself. He and Gordo seem to think thereís still a reallly good chance Theo walks away any day now and Hoyer takes over his role.

I listed to Kaplanís podcast since I hate myself. He and Gordo seem to think thereís still a reallly good chance Theo walks away any day now and Hoyer takes over his role.
    Why put yourself through that torture, especially listening to a podcast with BOTH Kap and Gordo on the same program?

Why put yourself through that torture, especially listening to a podcast with BOTH Kap and Gordo on the same program?
    50% hating myself
    50% desperation for Cubs content to feed my addiction

50% hating myself
    50% desperation for Cubs content to feed my addiction

Have you tried listening to any other related podcasts? The Compound (Happís podcast)? CubsRelated? CubsWeekly (Marquee network podcast)? OntoWaveland (Spotify)?

2020 Chicago Cubs Offseason Thread

Have you tried listening to any other related podcasts? The Compound (Happís podcast)? CubsRelated? CubsWeekly (Marquee network podcast)? OntoWaveland (Spotify)?
    I listen to the Athletic one most of the time. Brett bothers me, but itís ok. I only listed to 1 episode of the Ian Happ one. It was alright, but if Iím listening to Cubs conversation Iíd rather listen to more of the player development, what direction does the org go, whatís next stuff rather than the types of things they talk about on that one. Iíve tried the Cubs Related one a bunch of times. I just canít get into it. Iíve mentioned it before but it seems like they just take turns giving extended speeches. It is better than it used to be.

I hate sports radio, but the one thing they do well when they have multiple hosts is that they have conversations instead of giving speeches. So many of the Cubs podcasts arenít conversations, but are just individual rants back to back.
    Last edited by CP_414; 10-21-2020 at 05:16 PM.

Page 27 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast