Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ging-interview

Shut the **** up, Manfred. Nobody wants these two things to continue beyond this year.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Dodgers sweep or win in 5. Canít stand the Dodgers and if the Braves could run the bases and have better baseball IQ then the Dodgers would be home right now. Only 3 Rays are hitting right now and they donít have the pitching depth to win this series

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post

Shut the **** up, Manfred. Nobody wants these two things to continue beyond this year.
    I do, actually. Start the runner on 2nd in like, the 12th. It definitely seemed to limit the marathon games. But I dont mind the 3 batter minimum at all. Think its fine.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post

Dont know who told him they liked the extra inning rule, I dont recall one player or manager outside of understanding why this season, wanted to continue it going forward..

Expanded playoffs, I can see owners liking it for the extra money itll generate.

Expanded playoffs will probably happen along with expansion of 2 more teams..

I dont mind the 3 hitter rule or the DH staying in NL

Dont care for the extra inning rule, it reminds me of the hockey shootout

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by chibears55; 10-20-2020 at 09:00 PM.

2020 MLB Playoffs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I do, actually. Start the runner on 2nd in like, the 12th. It definitely seemed to limit the marathon games. But I dont mind the 3 batter minimum at all. Think its fine.

I donít want the expanded playoffs to continue. I want the DH to stay. Iím ok with the runner on 2nd starting in the 11th or 12th, but not in the postseason. I actually kind of liked the 3 batter rule too. I didnít think I would, but I think it created some fun decisions for managers and some good hitters situations in late innings. I get the 7 inning double headers this year, but I wouldnít be a fan of that normally. Maybe if they wanted to schedule a few pre-planned 7 inning DHs per season to shorten the year by a week or add some off days, but I donít like all the double headers being 7 inning games.

2020 MLB Playoffs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post

I mean yeah, Iím ok with the extra runner rule staying after the 12th or 13th inning like you mentioned. Iím definitely in favor of the DH.

But expanded playoffs can go **** off.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Expanded playoffs suck. Yes.

Kershaw in a zone tonight

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Kershaw in a zone tonight

Going to be a sweep or Dodgers in 5. Guaranteed this series doesnít go to a game 6. Speaking on the extra inning rule how about starting the runner on 1st in extras instead of 2nd and for the regular season only.

Damn people throwing the dirt on the Rays already.

Expanded playoffs - meh
    3 batter min. - fine with it
    runner on 2nd - I like it
    Universal DH - keep it

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Expanded playoffs - meh
    3 batter min. - fine with it
    runner on 2nd - I like it
    Universal DH - keep it
    Yeah, I hate, hate, hate expanded playoffs and would be in favor of universal DH. Runner on 2nd and 3 batter rule, I don't care about.

Exapnded playoffs will eventually come but not right now. That needs to be shelved. Once expanded playoffs become permenant (and you know it will at some point), I would like to see a new wrinkle to the first rd/LDS (only those series an not the LCS/WS), and that the team with the better record starts the series 1-0, similar to the K.B.O. playoffs.

I cannot stand the 3 batter rule. I get that it forces teams to have to develop their arms to be able to pitch to both sides of the plate but it's just so blah to me.

Runner on 2b for the 11th and on is fine with me, but ONLY for the regular season.

Universal DH, I flip back and forth on this. Part of me wants baseball to go back to the tradition AL/NL leagues, and to eliminate the interleague. (ATP, I really hate interleague) AL keeps the DH but they also keep the shifting, where as the NL has no DH but the shift is banned. OTOH, I cannot stand watching pitchers hit. There is not enough "decent" hitting pitchers to justify allowing the pitchers to continue to wail away at the plate, sorry Bumgarner. If interleague continues then baseball needs to eliminate the NL/AL alignments and go with more of Eastern/Western conference style alignment.
    Screw sabermetics.

I very much do not like the fact that L.A. will have not one but two major sports champions within a month of each other. (To be fair, this is not just an LA thing.)

With that said, I don't consider this WS to be a "Real championship". If/when the Dodgers win, the Commissioner's Trophy will act more of a participation trophy over an actual championship. So even if/when Dodgers win that monkey, imo, is not off their back.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    I very much do not like the fact that L.A. will have not one but two major sports champions within a month of each other. (To be fair, this is not just an LA thing.)

With that said, I don't consider this WS to be a "Real championship". If/when the Dodgers win, the Commissioner's Trophy will act more of a participation trophy over an actual championship. So even if/when Dodgers win that monkey, imo, is not off their back.
    Yeah I'm seeing things like the Dodgers this year are one of the great teams ever if they win it all and stuff like that. I don't know what their metrics/stats measure up but I can't consider a team one of the greatest in an abbreviated season. I will be interested to see as we move on from year to year how this season will be viewed. The 1995 season is always viewed a lesser season because they only played 144 games and some don't view that Braves team as a memorable champion that year.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast