Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
    We certainly could use some power. Hopefully Carlson and Goldy can provide it next year. After next season, we have a ton of money coming off of the books, and hopefully could go after someone like Kris Bryant.
    Goldy hr power this year was awful. Really the past 2 years have not been great at all your best power hitter. Kind of concerning.

Add ozuna to this inept front office. How does Mozeliak still have a job?

Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
    Interesting that the Cubs have three monster FA's next year.

Rizzo, Baez, and Bryant... Schwarber too if you count him.

Maybe keep Wong one more year and go after Baez next offseason? Carp and Fowler will come off the books. If they can develop a couple of hitting outfielders and then add a star hitter like Baez or Bryant, the Cardinals could be in fantastic shape in a very short amount of time.
    I would bet the Cubs resign Baez and Rizzo. Bryant seems destined for free agency. I would love to snag him up... though STL may be too boring for him

Anyone else notice how much bigger Randy Arozena is? Doesnt even look like the same dude. Seen some article where he gained like 20 lbs of muscle during covid by doing 300 pushups a day and eating chicken and rice. No way. This sounds like a sammy sosa injection diet. Crazy. Dude has got to be on something.
    Last edited by scottyballgame; 10-16-2020 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tkais9009 View Post
    I would bet the Cubs resign Baez and Rizzo. Bryant seems destined for free agency. I would love to snag him up... though STL may be too boring for him
    Rumors for this past year were that the Cubs(Ricketts) wants to blow the team up. Not sure the validity of that but I wouldn't be surprised if the Cubs try to trade away some of their guaranteed contracts like Rizzo and a few arb eligible guys. I can see Rizzo and Schwarber getting traded, maybe Bryant at some point if he signals he isn't going to resign. Baez I think is the player the Cubs want to keep and market.

Quote Originally Posted by cards7 View Post
    Rumors for this past year were that the Cubs(Ricketts) wants to blow the team up. Not sure the validity of that but I wouldn't be surprised if the Cubs try to trade away some of their guaranteed contracts like Rizzo and a few arb eligible guys. I can see Rizzo and Schwarber getting traded, maybe Bryant at some point if he signals he isn't going to resign. Baez I think is the player the Cubs want to keep and market.
    This is likely Theo's last year in Chicago too so I doubt they blow it up his last year. I think he tries to add a few short term pieces to the core and try for 1 more championship before the 2022 roster turnover.

Rizzo just seems like a guy who will be a cub for life to me. I can maybe see Schwarber getting traded though of the core group. They have several outfielders already and he was a disappointment this year

I definitely agree with Baez though

No matter what the Cardinals do at this point... they are in a pretty good position to add a veteran bat. They could resign Waino and Molina, and still sign someone this year. By next year... they absolutely will be.

I kinda want to grab Jonathan Schoop. Wong's option is for 12.5 million... surely we can get Schoop for that amount or less. Gives us some much needed thump in the lineup while playing league average defense at 2B.

The more I have thought about it, the more I think they will turn down Wong's extension, but probably sign him to an extension.

This is going to be an offseason where players will take huge paycuts.

Yeah that seems pretty realistic

Molina is looking for two years. Personally I would do year to year or a year with an option.

Hoping we don't overpay.

All these shifts in baseball is getting ********. 4 outfielders now. Whats next? Seen so many balls which could've been hits just a few years ago. They need to change this somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyballgame View Post
    All these shifts in baseball is getting ********. 4 outfielders now. Whats next? Seen so many balls which could've been hits just a few years ago. They need to change this somehow.
    The solution is for players to adjust and hit the ball the other way. Case in point is Matt Carpenter. Other teams shift the hell out of him. They pitch him on the outside third of the plate and he rolls over on it and into the shift. Players need to hit the ball to the opposite field more or drive it into the gaps. You want teams to play you straight up, learn to adjust and hit the ball to all fields. If teams are giving you most of the left side, just slap it the other way for a single or double.

There have been talks about changing the rules to limit shifts but I doubt we get anything anytime soon. More likely a work stoppage with the upcoming CBA.

Another solution is start putting the ball on the ground. When hitters focus completely on launch angles and the HR... the defense is of course going to adjust to where they hit it.

Looks like there are three Cardinals who are finalists for the Gold Glove:

Paul Goldschmidt
    Kolten Wong
    Tyler O'Neil

I am surprised at the Tyler O'Neil one and surprised regarding Molina. Bader was a finalist last year but might not have had the innings this year.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast