Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Voit, Randy A, Weaver, Kelly...all guys i wish we still had.

I'd rather us not pick up Wongs contract, move Edman to 2nd full time, let Carp suck at 3rd and spend that money on Cruz for the DH spot and Joc to platoon with ONeill. Bader is a defensive replacement at best. Carlson moves to the lead off spot. Bring Molina back...hopefully for 1 more year.

Carlson
    Edman
    Goldy
    Cruz
    Joc/O'Neill
    Molina
    Dejong
    Carp
    Fowler

Try with this team for 1 more year.

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Cruz most likely reups with the Twins.

I think we pick up Wong's option. Gives us more room trade wise if we end up flipping him for a middle of the order bat. Worst case scenario we keep edman at 3b and have Wong's glove at 2b. Rather have Wong in the line up for defense than Bader,. At least Wong can get on base and drive folks in.

Looking at our lineup we can add more pop in the OF or 3b. One bold option would be to deal for Lindor and move DeJong to 3b and make Edman a super utility guy. Lindor is on his last arbitration year. I think he gets dealt this offseason anyway.

I think the Cardinals trade for that bat. Brantley and Ozuna are the only top FA OF if other players do not opt out.

Bernie wrote a bit about the Cardinals going after Springer... I would certainly be happy with that.

According to MLBTR, the Cardinals are exploring the idea of extending Wong.

Quote Originally Posted by cards7 View Post
    According to MLBTR, the Cardinals are exploring the idea of extending Wong.
    How many years are they looking at? I wouldnt give him anything more than 2 or 3. He just doesnt give you much offensively. This year was a down year from him offensively. B. I would rather save $ and go with Edmond.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyballgame View Post
    How many years are they looking at? I wouldnt give him anything more than 2 or 3. He just doesnt give you much offensively. This year was a down year from him offensively. B. I would rather save $ and go with Edmond.
    https://www.stltoday.com/sports/base...956292.html#10

Rick Hummel answered a fan question on this topic.
    "COMMISH: Wong probably has more value for the Cardinals than any other team. But if the Cardinals don't pick up the $12.5 million, he isn't likely to get that anywhere else next year because his offensive year was nondescript."

Wong is one of our best 3 players in terms of value. His offense is difficult to accept, but he's certainly worth keeping, even if it is only for his defense. I'm not against extending him, because his offense has more upside than most good defensive 2nd basemen

Wong would be fine on a team built like the Twins or Yankees where you have 7 or 8 guys that mash. I'd bet Edman can do about the same thing as him at like 5% the cost for the next couple years. I'd try to move on from Wong if possible and put that money elsewhere.

However, if an extension brings the AAV down, then i'm all for it. Maybe add in some gold glove or SB incentives

We cant hang onto him with how bad our offense is. Another h oh gh paid contract for someone who cant provide offense.

DeJong,Carp, Fowler and then Wong...that's like 60-70 million between 4 guys who cant hit.

Give the spot to Edman and save a bunch and use the money elsewhere. Trade for an outfielder. Use the money there.

Carlson should be every day CF unless we can trade for a better one. Bader shouldnt play unless it's a late inning replacement

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Randy A. continues to be on a tear. Mo and this front office have no idea how to evaluate hitting talent. Its a joke how bad it really is.

Randy A. continues to be on a tear. Mo and this front office have no idea how to evaluate hitting talent. Its a joke how bad it really is.
    I still think that Matthew Liberatore will have a more valuable career than Arozarena. At the time of the trade, I was pretty happy with it. Randy has 84 AB's plus the playoffs. He might be an allstar, but he also might cool off.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...-for-2021.html

MLBTR came out with their arbitration predictions. They used three projections as follows:
    Method 1: Applies model directly with actual statistics from this 60-game season
    Method 2: Extrapolates all counting stats to would-be 162-game totals. One home run becomes 2.7 home runs.
    Method 3: For non-first-time eligibles, finds the raise they’d get in a 162 game season, then gives them 37% of that raise

Harrison Bader – $1.2MM / $1.7MM / $1.2MM
    John Brebbia – $800K / $800K / $800K
    Jack Flaherty – $2.2MM / $3.0MM / $2.2MM
    John Gant – $1.5MM / $1.9MM / $1.5MM
    Jordan Hicks – $900K / $900K / $900K
    Alex Reyes – $1.0MM / $1.2MM / $1.0MM

Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
    I still think that Matthew Liberatore will have a more valuable career than Arozarena. At the time of the trade, I was pretty happy with it. Randy has 84 AB's plus the playoffs. He might be an allstar, but he also might cool off.
    Randy has what now 6 hrs in the playoffs. Thats close to or might lead the 2020 cards in hrs. Thats pathetic.

Randy has what now 6 hrs in the playoffs. Thats close to or might lead the 2020 cards in hrs. Thats pathetic.
    We certainly could use some power. Hopefully Carlson and Goldy can provide it next year. After next season, we have a ton of money coming off of the books, and hopefully could go after someone like Kris Bryant.

Interesting that the Cubs have three monster FA's next year.

Rizzo, Baez, and Bryant... Schwarber too if you count him.

Maybe keep Wong one more year and go after Baez next offseason? Carp and Fowler will come off the books. If they can develop a couple of hitting outfielders and then add a star hitter like Baez or Bryant, the Cardinals could be in fantastic shape in a very short amount of time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast