Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Bauer wants to pitch every fourth day he said once again.

To be honest I canít really see many teams agreeing to that demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If he wants every 4 days, he isn't getting a long deal that's for sure. That'd be like flipping a coin on his health 2-3 year down the road

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    I like this idea. In todayís day and age, I think it is highly feasible. The only potential issue would be roster space, because you would be assigning 6 players as ďstartersĒ and youíd have 1 less in the bullpen or position player. But it could be worked out. Has there been any determination as to active roster sizes for this season?
    26 Roster Spots:

Eloy/Robert/Eaton/Engel/Leury
    Moncada/Anderson/Madrigal/Abreu/Grandal/Collins
    Giolito/Keuchel/Lynn/Cease/Kopech/Crochet
    Reynaldo/Fry/Foster/Heuer/Marshall/Bummer/Hendriks

That's 24. Probably want to add another utility IF, so Mendick most likely. Maybe Cordero as the last arm. Or go 7 man pen and sign a Catcher or bring up Yermin Mercedes.

2020 Offseason Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    If he wants every 4 days, he isn't getting a long deal that's for sure. That'd be like flipping a coin on his health 2-3 year down the road
    He might be going for that too. I think he wants something like 3/100 or 2/70. I feel like he wants the highest AAV even though it means a shorter deal.

He wants to win though and definitely is paying attention to what we are doing. Huge part in this process that is overlooked.

2020 Offseason Thread

26 Roster Spots:

Eloy/Robert/Eaton/Engel/Leury
    Moncada/Anderson/Madrigal/Abreu/Grandal/Collins
    Giolito/Keuchel/Lynn/Cease/Kopech/Crochet
    Reynaldo/Fry/Foster/Heuer/Marshall/Bummer/Hendriks

That's 24. Probably want to add another utility IF, so Mendick most likely. Maybe Cordero as the last arm. Or go 7 man pen and sign a Catcher or bring up Yermin Mercedes.
    Need another Catcher. Think youíve been saying it, but I hate Collins and know heíll be there. Problem is he canít be reliable to play the position. Molina is still out there and would be awesome if cheap

Last edited by Pierzynski4Prez; 01-14-2021 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Need another Catcher. Think youíve been saying it, but I hate Collins and know heíll be there. Problem is he canít be reliable to play the position. Molina is still out there and wonít be awesome if cheap

Molina would he a huge get cuz that would allow us to DH Grandal more often

How do you think Molina would do as a DH, on the days that Grandal starts?

Also, the other big issue with Bauer pitching every 4 days, is that it forces your entire remaining rotation to pitch out of sync, meaning they would each have to skip an extra day, every 3 or 4 starts and maybe more depending on off days and rain outs. You could make it work, but if the others are not comfortable with it, it may not be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    How do you think Molina would do as a DH, on the days that Grandal starts?

Also, the other big issue with Bauer pitching every 4 days, is that it forces your entire remaining rotation to pitch out of sync, meaning they would each have to skip an extra day, every 3 or 4 starts and maybe more depending on off days and rain outs. You could make it work, but if the others are not comfortable with it, it may not be worth it.
    Molina is a 39 year old Catcher. He would be our backup catcher not our DH. Let him catch 2-3 games a week. That keeps Grandal fresh DHing the days he catches. You can use Eloy and Abreu at DH as well. When Eloy DHís, we use Engel or Leury in the OF and have better Defense

The International signing period starts tomorrow...........

Iím 100% ok with the Sox not signing a dh and just treading water until Vaughn comes up. No reason not to run a rotation of Eloy, Vaughn, Abreu and Yas at DH.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiFanKeith View Post
    Iím 100% ok with the Sox not signing a dh and just treading water until Vaughn comes up. No reason not to run a rotation of Eloy, Vaughn, Abreu and Yas at DH.

Based on Hahn's rhetoric, that sounds like the likelihood. I'm sure they'll keep Vaughn down for service time early though. Which is fine with me. I don't think they will penalize Vaughn for the lost year of minors due to Covid.

What I expect is Collins to get the 1st crack at DH and probably backup Catcher duties if we don't sign one. Who knows, maybe he will get his **** together with a legit opportunity, and he can raise his trade value.

Based on Hahn's rhetoric, that sounds like the likelihood. I'm sure they'll keep Vaughn down for service time early though. Which is fine with me. I don't think they will penalize Vaughn for the lost year of minors due to Covid.

What I expect is Collins to get the 1st crack at DH and probably backup Catcher duties if we don't sign one. Who knows, maybe he will get his **** together with a legit opportunity, and he can raise his trade value.
    When they drafted Collins (10th) if memory serves, I always thought he would at least hit ,I knew he had a lot of work to do as far as defense was concerned....

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    When they drafted Collins (10th) if memory serves, I always thought he would at least hit ,I knew he had a lot of work to do as far as defense was concerned....
    In the minors he's had some hot and cold spells. He finally put together a solid 2019 that was the stats you would expect from him. .280/.400 with solid HR/RBI/BB numbers. He just hasn't ran with his opportunities when called up. He gets the call, goes on an instant slump where he's not producing anything but K's, then stops getting PT. Maybe if he puts together a solid spring, he could build some confidence and consistency. I know he capable, I honestly think it's a mental thing. He never got an extended opportunity, mostly because he was so bad that he didn't deserve it.

If the Sox didnít afford Collins patience on the tail end of a rebuild, I donít know how much we can expect them to afford him in a championship run season. I honestly see Mercedes getting some run at DH, until Vaughn is called up, and maybe after if Vaughn struggles. The good news is that a capable DH should be available at the deadline if needed.

At this point, I think the 2 areas left to address, would be a starter and backup catcher. Thatís what sucked about losing McCann is that he filled 2 holes (DH and Catcher).

Another interesting tidbit...... Sox scouts are claiming Yoelqui Cespedes is already just about MLB ready. By next season, he may slot right into RF.

And then Colas comes in to be our Ohtani at SP/ DH...LOL...

Listened to the white Sox talk podcast and the ďexpertsĒ were not nearly as high on Colas as I was expecting. Pretty much said most of the hype comes from the Cuban Ohtani moniker they labeled him with.

Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast