Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 54 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    If they donít resign Colome and donít brink back someone solid, theyíll make the same mistake the Cubs made for years in their BP
    Maybe. But we are talking about an organization that basically doesn't spend money unless they have to. The way that I look at it the Sox have made a great commitment to signing a lot of really top quality young arms in the last 4 or so years and some of these guys have shown that they are probably ready to step up and be good major league pitchers. The only way you do that is by throwing them in there and let them put up or shut up. This, I think, is what last year's silly season did.

Somehow, the Sox are going to have to let guys like Kopech, Cease, Burdi, Huerer, Lopez et al prove themselves. SOme of them are going to make it, a few will fail. Also, with relief pitchers, a lot of deals can be made later. that is kind of what I am saying is all.

Upsetting to see a team like the Padres take advantage of their window. Sox can still win it but the Padres really made **** happen.

They proved it with the Machado deal and proved it again this off-season.

They're definitely my number 2 team

The unis are pretty sweet now too imo. Lol.
    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Hand or Hendriks?

Seems the Sox are linked to them both. Not sure what it will cost for each, but my preference would be a righty, since we already seem to have a good amount of quality lefties, which assumes weíd include Crochet.

Iíd even consider bringing back Colomť.

Hand and colome or Hendricks is how I would look at it.

Just one of hand and colome would be pretty terrible compared to getting the shut down closer .

Naturally, I presume JR is going to sign one of hand or colome lol.

Going into a season trying to be a world series contender and not adding to your existing bullpen would be a travesty

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I would prefer either of the righties too. Especially with Bummer, Crotchet, and Fry on board. Not to mention how good Marshall has been against lefties.

Yeah for me itís a righty need on the pen. Been saying that since day 1 on my off-season needs list

Lindor and Carassco to the Mets...........Hoping this means they are out on Bauer!

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Yeah for me itís a righty need on the pen. Been saying that since day 1 on my off-season needs list
    Agree........I really think we can get a good price for Rosenthal.......

Cleveland is out this year. Down to the Twins and White Sox in the Central
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

And more wins available if it comes down to a wildcard.

Was wondering what that means about Bauer as well. I still donít blame the Sox if they donít want to go long term, especially for the $s that have been thrown around. In looking at his stats, he has only had 2 seasons with a sub 4 era, and his best season was the condensed 2020 against some central cream puffs. I think he is worth the risk for 2 years or less, even at high dollar, but any longer and it could backfire.

Sugano back to Japan too. Surprised no one signed him, but apparently it was a soft market for him, just as it seems to be in general. Heíll probably try again next offseason when the market might be recovered.

Wonder if this philosophy will also apply to Bauer, and lead him towards a shorter deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Bauer
    Gio
    DK
    Lynn
    Kopech
    And we still have Cease lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chi StateOfMind View Post
    And we still have Cease lol.
    At this point, I kind of place Cease ahead of Kopech, because of the uncertainty around Kopech. I donít think you can count on him as a full time starter, due to the lack of innings he has pitched and the fact that he is not too far removed from an injury. I could see Kopech more out of the pen, perhaps with some long relief and a few spot starts to stretch him out. Then move to more of a starter in 2022. That would put the timing right to replace Lynn, if he is not extended.

Considering the lack of activity up to this point of the offseason, the next 6 weeks could get crazy, assuming ST starts on schedule.

Shwarber to the Nats....Very surprised he went to the NL ,also very glad he didn't go to the Twins!

I feel like the time has never been more right for us to make that splash. Bauer makes us the odds on favorite in the AL. We probably are without him, but why not distance ourselves. With how well he promotes himself, we will have a positive return on investment.

Page 35 of 54 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast