Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    I believe it would work like this, where x denotes either a 5th starter, or a bullpen day.

A / b / c / d / a
    X / b / c / a / d
    X / b / a / c / d
    X/ a / b / c / d
    A / x / b / c / a
    D / x / b / a / c
    D / x / a / b / c
    D

A would obviously denote Bauer. Pretty interesting.
    Last edited by Sockeye; 11-16-2020 at 01:39 PM.

Yeah, thatís interesting, but the only way I would try doing this as a manager/GM/owner is if we are able to sign Bauer to a 1 year deal at somewhat of a discount. Maybe give him a team/player option that would offset this discount. Thereís just too much uncertainty in allowing him to pitch every 4th day with injuries, etc....if it works the first year, teams will be more willing to take on that risk in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Yeah, thatís interesting, but the only way I would try doing this as a manager/GM/owner is if we are able to sign Bauer to a 1 year deal at somewhat of a discount. Maybe give him a team/player option that would offset this discount. Thereís just too much uncertainty in allowing him to pitch every 4th day with injuries, etc....if it works the first year, teams will be more willing to take on that risk in the future.
    You can argue that signing him to a big 1 year deal, it'd make sense to get the most out of him as possible, since in this instance, you aren't really protecting a long term investment. You are working with potentially 1 year of his services. And being that it would be at his request, you would be overusing him guilt free.

Yes , probably 40 starts vs the usual 32. 25% more usage, not accounting for possibly shorter outings, due to less rest.

What has Bauer said is his reasoning for wanting to pitch every 4 days?

I like our choices for Bench Coach and Pitching Coach to counter the La Russa choice. Cairo should bridge the gap between the young guys and La Russa. Katz history with some of the young up and coming pitchers in the league, most notably with Giolito should make a smooth transition with our young arms.

What are folks willing to give up for Snell? His contract is 3/39 so good cheap control.

Everything I've read says it starts with Vaughn + 1 of Dunning/Kopech/Cease, plus maybe another top 20 prospect in our system.

That's a tremendous return and not sure who could top it. But I'm not sure I'm willing to go that far.

I don't think Snell is going anywhere.........

It's people trying to spark a conversation....

I wonder if we approach Q.........

I'd kick the tires on Tanaka....But I'm pretty sure he resigns with the Yankees...

Q would be interesting. Wouldn't require a huge contract either.

I'm hesitant to do any deal with TB. Seems most of the transactions they make they come out on the winning end.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    What are folks willing to give up for Snell? His contract is 3/39 so good cheap control.

Everything I've read says it starts with Vaughn + 1 of Dunning/Kopech/Cease, plus maybe another top 20 prospect in our system.

That's a tremendous return and not sure who could top it. But I'm not sure I'm willing to go that far.
    For a deal of Vaughn, one of those three and a 20-30 guy done and done. Not sure that is enough to get Snell
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Why center a trade around Kopech for Snell? We don't have to be married to Kopech when we are landing an Ace Lefty to pair with our Ace Righty in Giolito. Our time is now and Kopech comes with so many red flags already.

Giolito/Snell/Keuchel/Dunning/Cease should be a top 5 staff in baseball.

I wouldn't consider having tj as a red flag. I don't like the idea of trading kopech.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I wouldn't consider having tj as a red flag. I don't like the idea of trading kopech.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    I'm more so talking about his reported Depression that caused him to sit out last season. Along with the Tommy J, which I understand is pretty standard for flamethrowers these days. I'm in no way writing him off, but with us in Win Now mode, Snell for 3 years is probably worth it. We know what we'd have with Snell, and that's a guy ready to be the 2nd staff ace we need. He'd also come at a discount compared to signing someone. I'd still prefer going for broke on Bauer, but if we strike out with the top arms, Snell is a pretty good option. I'd kind of like to keep Vaughn too.

Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast