Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    The more I read into the LaRussa stuff, it starts to make a lot of sense to have LaRussa back for a 2-3 year deal and have Pierzynski, as his understudy as bench coach. See if LaRussa can win one more title and go out on top and hand things over to AJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    The more I read into the LaRussa stuff, it starts to make a lot of sense to have LaRussa back for a 2-3 year deal and have Pierzynski, as his understudy as bench coach. See if LaRussa can win one more title and go out on top and hand things over to AJ.
    I agree, let La Russa build a winning culture for 3 or so years. This is the most important year of our rebuild. This is the year that pretty much every important core piece will be in the majors. I love the idea of La Russa being the guy to give us the blueprint for sustained winning.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I didn't include hockey. As for NBA, I'd put Phil Jackson and Pop on an equal ground. I think if you give Pop the 90's Bulls and 2000's Lakers, he probably could have pulled off 11 ships as well. Their success came a little different. Phil walked into 2 of the greatest situations in coaching history getting to coach Prime MJ/Pippen, Kobe/Shaq and Kobe/Pau. Pop also had a great situation with Duncan/Robinson and Duncan/Parker/Manu. As for MLB managers, I'd go Torre/La Russa as 1A/1B and Bochy next. I think Torre and La Russa's dynasty were impressive in that they were almost always a contender. Bochys was impressive because he won with less, but outside of his championship years, the success wasn't nearly as impressive as those 2.

Either way, if we get Bochy, that would probably make me the happiest, because his age fits more with a long term dynasty run. If we get La Russa I'll be happy because I look at him as one of the greatest coaches of all time. If we get Hinch, I wouldn't be mad because I think he can do what he did for Houston here.
    I think you just argued why Bochy is greater. He had a lot less and therefor could not afford to make as many mistakes as LaRussa could.

Hiring LaRussa (I'm totally against it) would be like the Griffey ,Alomar and countless other's, way past their prime signings by the Sox!
    I thought they went away from that,(and learned from it) but maybe not....................

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Hiring LaRussa (I'm totally against it) would be like the Griffey ,Alomar and countless other's, way past their prime signings by the Sox!
    I thought they went away from that,(and learned from it) but maybe not....................
    Perhaps Kenny is running this one

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I think you just argued why Bochy is greater. He had a lot less and therefor could not afford to make as many mistakes as LaRussa could.
    I mean I said I would prefer Bochy lol. I just wonít be mad if itís La Russa.

Its clear that JR would have influence on a La Russa hiring.

Its frustrating. Just let Hahn pick his guy.

But it isn't the end of the world if he's hired. We'll get over it. He's a great manager.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

This hire is very important. Its a young clubhouse for the most part and other than Kuechel has little winning experience. I don't like the LaRussa idea either, but this team needs to hire the best baseball mind in their opinion. If its him so be it, but it does feel like a move they would make when Kenny was at the helm.

Renteria should have been replaced last year. I don't know who the best candidates are for Manager and pitching coach but frankly, I no longer trust Hahn and KW with those decisions. Maybe Jerry doesn't either. That might explain why he wanted to hear from LaRussa.

I agree. You can take it even further to include that Ventura was going to be welcomed back, but had to quit, to end his tenure.

It's been a while since I posted,but, just throwing in my two cents. Larussa has been off the field for a long time now. I'd much rather have a younger guy with playoff experience under his belt. I like Hinch, Cora, Or Bochy as my top three....

White Sox & Redskins Forever

In a vacuum, Iíd be much more open to Hinch or Cora, but they do bring that baggage. I understand they they have paid their penalty, but there are many who feel the penalty was soft to begin with, not to mention the players lack thereof.
    Perhaps even if we were a year removed from the expiration of their suspension it would be more palatable, but being the first to hire one of these guys straight off suspension would have a degree of stench around it. Especially by a franchise whoís legacy is most closely associated with the most notorious cheating scandal in baseball history.

Iím fine with Bochy, and am warming up to the idea of LaRussa for 2 years, with Pierzynski as his understudy (bench coach) taking over from there.

Sources confirm Tony La Russa has talked to close associates about possible coaching and baseball support system positions if he is named the White Sox manager.

Per Bruce Levine

Everyone on Twitter seems to think that LaRussa is pretty much a done deal. Iím really hoping that isnít the case. It goes against everything Rick Hahn said he wanted out of the next manager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard Dan Evans two weeks ago and he convinced me that La Russa will be an outstanding hire.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast