Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Oh, id be more than happy with La Russa, as long as the have the bench coach as someone (such as AJ, doesn't have to be a former Sox though). That can grow under him for a couple of years.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Still wouldnít mind Scoccia, Buckwalter or Bochy, though.

Give my Bochy

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Give my Bochy
    Yes.............He would be a great hire!

I love Tony La Russa but if we are going to pull someone out of retirement, it has to be Bochy. He was the best coach of the 2010's and he's not miserably old.

I donít know the back story behind why Bochy retired in the first place. I donít think he was too old. Maybe he was just burned out and needed some time off. If that is the case, maybe he is open to coming back out of retirement.

Not La Russa, he's not a numbers guy.

Give me Davey Johnson if you are pulling a guy back from retirement.

I personally like the idea of Hinch the more I think about it. I think our rebuild resembles the Stros rebuild. Most of their core field players were built from within.

Altuve: They signed as an UDFA in 2007
    Springer: Drafted 11th overall in 2011
    Correa: Drafted 1st overall in 2012
    Bregman: Drafted 2nd overall in 2015
    Tucker: Drafted 5th overall in 2015
    Gurriel: Signed out of Cuba in 2016
    Brantley: Signed as a 2019 FA

They have been able to sustain success for 6 straight seasons.

Our rebuild was a little different, but the end result could very well be the same. We built our position players through the draft, through the International market, and through Free Agency.

Abreu: Signed out of Cuba in 2013
    Anderson: Drafted 17th overall in 2013
    Madrigal: Drafted 4th overall in 2018
    Vaughn: Drafted 3rd overall in 2019
    Moncada: Acquired via trade in 2016
    Eloy: Acquired via trade in 2017
    LouBob: Signed out of Cuba in 2017
    Grandal: Signed in Free Agency in 2019

I didn't include pitchers in this because I didn't want to research how every pitcher for the Astros and White Sox were obtained lol. Nonetheless, from a fielding/hitting stand point, the White Sox like the Astros have built dynasty esque lineups. You give us a good manager, sign or trade for an Ace to team up with Giolito and Keuchel, and solidify our BP and RF, and we will be a force for a long Long LONG time!

As talented as those Astros teams were, Hinch never led them to a legitimate championship.

I agree on Hinch. The more I read the more I am coming around to him. If not him or Bochy, the rest of the "established" names seem pretty blah. Besides the 2 of them I would rather take a chance with a coach from a team like the Rays, Braves etc... who have been along for the ride with a good top to bottom organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    As talented as those Astros teams were, Hinch never led them to a legitimate championship.
    Itís a fallacy that the Astros wouldnít have won either way. They are proving that right now with average at best pitching. Everyone got so hyped up about some cold Stros hitters for 60 games this year. Thereís plenty of Hall of Famers that struggle for 60 game stretches in seasons. Hell as Sox fans we canít forget how Konerko was an extremely slow starter for a huge bulk of his career.

It sux that the Stros cheated, but letís not pretend that these hitters werenít plenty capable of winning legitimately.

Still doesnt change the fact that they cheated. And never won a championship without cheating. Look it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Still doesnt change the fact that they cheated. And never won a championship without cheating. Look it up!
    I agree with that sentiment, but who is available that has won a championship in any fashion besides him? Bochy and Soscia (unsure if either want to coach again). Beyond that it is looking like Boston wants Cora back and the other "winners" are old and slightly out of touch with the modern analytical game in my opinion.

Some might have said that Jim Leyland was old and out of touch with the game when he came out of retirement to coach the Tigers. He was pretty good for them.

Reports coming out that the Angels granted La Russa permission to talk with the White Sox. Tony La Russa might be old, but he is a Managerial Legend. I don't think any of us should be mad if he ends up our next coach. I'd think we will be smart enough to have a young replacement on deck if we go this route too.

I still think Age Wise, Bochy would be a smarter long term option, but I'd be lying if I said that Bochy has a better resume than La Russa.

The only thing against La Russa is his age, but not everyone ages the same way. I'll trust Hahn's assessment and if he's our guy, I won't complain.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast