Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Yea.......If A-Rod was allowed to bid on the mets, these two are no brainers!!!

Besides it was the players for the most part...

Hey guys new poster. Figured I should say that before jumping in. 2 years ago I would have said Jerry would not allow a Hinch/Cora type of hire. It seems like he is open to change more than ever with his two teams. I have complete faith in Hahn to find the right hire.

Quote Originally Posted by Spot Starter View Post
    Hey guys new poster. Figured I should say that before jumping in. 2 years ago I would have said Jerry would not allow a Hinch/Cora type of hire. It seems like he is open to change more than ever with his two teams. I have complete faith in Hahn to find the right hire.
    welcome!

Iíd probably be open to Hinch than Cora, since Cora was considered the mastermind behind the whole thing, while Hinch didnít do enough to stop it. Not sure iíd Want either, though.

Finishing their suspensions just makes them eligible to get back in the game. I donít think it necessarily means they are ready to step right into a high profile position like MLB manager, the day after their suspension ends.
    Last edited by Sockeye; 10-12-2020 at 03:39 PM.

I would like to see if they can find a high quality candidate close to or already retired, .who might want to take the position for a short period, like 2 years. Have AJ get experience as bench coach and take over when the Manager decides to step down. Mike Scocia comes to mind, or maybe Showalter, maybe even Bochty if he would be willing. Probably a couple others who escape me at the moment.

I want no part of Showalter....I like Bochty a lot, forgot about him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    I would like to see if they can find a high quality candidate close to or already retired, .who might want to take the position for a short period, like 2 years. Have AJ get experience as bench coach and take over when the Manager decides to step down. Mike Scocia comes to mind, or maybe Showalter, maybe even Bochty if he would be willing. Probably a couple others who escape me at the moment.
    If we went that route, Bochy for sure. For me, he's easily the best manager over the last decade +. But if we go with a more long term and likely guy, it's Cora and Hinch, and I give zero ***** about their scandals. The fact of the matter is, they both proved they could coach winners, and we have a team that needs a manager with that mindset ASAP. No more wasted years. The rebuild is complete. Now we just plug a few holes and run through the league

Matt Quatraro, Tampa's bench coach and a former catcher ...I would definitely put on my list to interview...

I know Hahn said he wanted experienced and a former WS winner, but I would talk with this guy....

Cora and Hinch are not proven winners in my book. The only thing that was proven is that they cheated.

Word is they are going to reach out to LaRussa. That would fall right into the timeframe to get Pierzynski some experience as bench coach and then take over. Do it!

Oh God ,I hope not!!!

He's time has passed..............

Didnít realize, he is already 76 years old. Donít think that is going to happen.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast