Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    The Sox arenít moving Vaughn. Why trade him, when you can sign a guy like Bauer for 1 year?

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    The Sox arenít moving Vaughn. Why trade him, when you can sign a guy like Bauer for 1 year?
    Yeah that'd be nuts to trade him. The White Sox probably have higher expectations for Vaughn than Madrigal, and it's clear how much we value Nicky 2 Strikes.

2020 Offseason Thread

I want Bauer but we have no idea what the offseason outlook is in regards to spending looks like at the moment. Bauer is going to command at least 20+ mil next season. While Iíd love to add him after last offseason, we canít expect to have the money (especially to outbid say the Yankees) to add him or anyone substantial in FA.

I guess that would take us away from Darvish though as well based on his contract
    Last edited by Pierzynski4Prez; 10-11-2020 at 11:54 PM.

Sox have a decent amount of payroll coming off the books with E5, Gio Gonzalez, Colome, and McCann counting close to $35M. Obviously it would be nice retaining Colome and McCann, however, I wouldnít get into a bidding war on those two guys if teams are looking to sign them long term.

My offseason priority would be the below, with the only big need being SP

Tier 1
    SP

Tier 2
    RP
    Backup C
    OF

Vaughn will be up by June, which looks to be the last impact player we have for some time coming from the minors. I donít think we should spend more than $20M combined to fill those tier 2 spots, so that means most likely letting McCann go

A 1 year deal for Bauer just makes so much sense. Gives us another year to evaluate Cease, Dunning and Kopech to determine how much future money we need to use to fill that #2 spot in our rotation. I know we have Keuchel, but heís a #3 in my eyes.

The Sox have guaranteed a lot of money the past two years, and I expect them to shy away this offseason from long term deals to see how attendance bounces back next year after this COVID-19 issue. Iíd be shocked if they sign anyone past 2 years max

If we arenít willing to shell out 20+ million for an ace, we donít deserve a championship. Especially a short term deal. Bauerís exposure alone would justify the cost. Heís a polarizing sports figure that will Draw attention and his fan base to the White Sox.

My friends who love the Indians. Any stop talking about Bauer, and it went from ďI hate himĒ to ďI hate him but man do I love himĒ. He brings big time exposure, and that exposure brings fans and haters, and fans and haters bring monetary value.

The old saying goes, if you build it they will come. If we build a powerhouse, the fans, the exposure, and the money will come. Itís a no brained, especially if heís only interested in short term. That gives our young arms more time to develop. It gives our young arms more incentive to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Sox have a decent amount of payroll coming off the books with E5, Gio Gonzalez, Colome, and McCann counting close to $35M. Obviously it would be nice retaining Colome and McCann, however, I wouldnít get into a bidding war on those two guys if teams are looking to sign them long term.

My offseason priority would be the below, with the only big need being SP

Tier 1
    SP

Tier 2
    RP
    Backup C
    OF

Vaughn will be up by June, which looks to be the last impact player we have for some time coming from the minors. I donít think we should spend more than $20M combined to fill those tier 2 spots, so that means most likely letting McCann go
    I agree. Vaughn is our future DH/1B. McCann is a luxury. If he wants to stay, that is great for us. If he doesnít, Vaughn is going to be a far better DH than McCann, and we can find a defensive catcher at a reasonable price. That catcher would barely see the field so long as Grandal is healthy.

Ricky Got FIRED!!!

Why couldnít Jerry have run his franchises like this the entire time? Itís about time people got held accountable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we've learned anything from this past Off-Season and Season, the FO is doing what most of us want.

We wanted the top Catcher on the market in Grandal, we got Grandal.

We wanted a veteran pitcher to complement Giolito, and we got Keuchel.

We wanted Ricky fired, he's fired.

We wanted Robert to start the season up, they signed him to a long term deal and wasted no time.

We wanted Madrigal up early, and they brought him up early.

We wanted Dunning to the 1st crack out of the system, he was the 1st big pitching call up.

We wanted the FO to use a young power arm from the system to help our pen. They brought up Crochet for exactly that purpose.

We wanted a Engel/Mazara platoon, and we for the most part got what we wished when they were both healthy.

Going into the offseason we want Bauer or an ace to pair with Giolito and Keuchel, and I think we will get it one way or another.

We want us to explore RF, and I think they will look into that.

We want Edwin gone, and I can almost guarantee he will be.

There are many other wishes, and I think our FO fully understands that the time is now, and we need to position ourselves to be a power for the next half decade+. Any and all weaknesses should be filled this offseason. The FO has no excuse to deprive their starving fan base when the time is 100% right!

This is so promising going forward. To break ranks with the way things have been done for so long indicates this team is serious about winning. I think we may even spend some money this offseason. If Bauer does want a 1 year deal, it makes perfect sense for the Sox because it levels the playing field to a certain point, with the large market teams.

Now donít mess up the new managerial hire.

So who will it be?

Big name high profile... Showalter, Hurdle?
    Blast from the past...Ozzie?
    Dark horse...AJ ( my preference)??

What's the health status on one of the greatest managers of all time? Davey Johnson

They said someone with Championship Pedigree. Hinch, Cora, Ozzie...

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast