Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

2020 Offseason Thread

2020 although a extremely weird season, was a great start for the young guys on this team. Lot's of work to do this offseason, but I see great things ahead.

Get a RF'er, (2) starting pitchers, one of which to be Bauer please. Add a veteran relief pitcher to this young bullpen. Also Vaughn should be ready to go next year.

Hopefully Crochet doesn't need TJ surgery, but forearm tightness is usually the first sign.

Anyway great season guys.

Wait, can Vaughn play RF???

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

No he can't and before you ask he can't pitch either.............

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    No he can't and before you ask he can't pitch either.............
    I'm excited Kopech will be back and I like Cease's chances to improve

But too bad lol; I don't know anything about Vaughn.

Click here to register!

I hate the idea of rushing Vaughn up. 1st off we don't really need him yet, our current 1b is likely about to win MVP and it would be beneficial to put Eloy in the DH spot some more for defensive purposes (and that he is made of glass quite often). That means limited ABs for Vaughn who only has 55 games in his minor league career (high A ball at highest) + ST this year. He doesn't really have any other position. Let him move through minors as he's ready starting maybe in AA next year.

And I say this as a big Vaughn fan, I think late 2021 or 2022 is ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    I hate the idea of rushing Vaughn up. 1st off we don't really need him yet, our current 1b is likely about to win MVP and it would be beneficial to put Eloy in the DH spot some more for defensive purposes (and that he is made of glass quite often). That means limited ABs for Vaughn who only has 55 games in his minor league career (high A ball at highest) + ST this year. He doesn't really have any other position. Let him move through minors as he's ready starting maybe in AA next year.

And I say this as a big Vaughn fan, I think late 2021 or 2022 is ideal.
    Ah he's 1b.

Hoping we resign McCann and our c/dh is set, with both guys getting a ton of rest!

Then one of the two could be trade bait eventually if Vaughn is ready.

Click here to register!

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Ah he's 1b.

Hoping we resign McCann and our c/dh is set, with both guys getting a ton of rest!

Then one of the two could be trade bait eventually if Vaughn is ready.

Weíre should prioritize first McCann, decline the EE option and use that money to offer him like 3/36, no way he turns that down.

Hopefully then JR will still be willing to pony up whatever for Baeur. I can live with an Engel/Mazara platoon if it means Bauer and locking up McCann.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McCann is gonna want to start somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We should prioritize first McCann, decline the EE option and use that money to offer him like 3/36, no way he turns that down. Hopefully then JR will still be willing to pony up whatever for Baeur. I can live with an Engel/Mazara platoon if it means Bauer and locking up McCann.

Yes^
    Last edited by garypeters; 10-03-2020 at 04:29 AM.

Edwin is gone guys. He didnít even start 2 of 3 playoff games. That writing is on the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Edwin is gone guys. He didnít even start 2 of 3 playoff games. That writing is on the wall.
    I was happy to give him the shot this year. He's gotta be done.

Click here to register!

GM's don't sign guys to 1 year, 2nd year team options, and exercise the option when the player doesn't perform, and grossly underperforms. That's a good way for a GM to lose support.

McCann and Bauer..... top 2 priorities. Everything else is gravy.

I know this is not how the Sox operate, but they really need to consider a new manager.

To look at it objectively as possible.

Cubs didnít think enough of him to keep him for their contention window.
    Sox were the only other team to show interest.
    Do you really feel that Renteria gives us the best chance to win a title?
    The contention window is now open. You only get a few years of opportunity and these contention windows do not present themselves very often. Do you want Renteria at the helm for a rare opportunity?
    If the Sox have any reservations at all about Renteria, there is no better time to move on from him than now. He basically gave you a gift wrapped reason to move on from him, this playoff series. There will be no controversy. And you will have a better manager in place just as we are at the beginning of our window of opportunity.

Not to mention, I bet every available manager out there, would jump at the chance to manage this young group of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    I know this is not how the Sox operate, but they really need to consider a new manager.

To look at it objectively as possible.

Cubs didnít think enough of him to keep him for their contention window.
    Sox were the only other team to show interest.
    Do you really feel that Renteria gives us the best chance to win a title?
    The contention window is now open. You only get a few years of opportunity and these contention windows do not present themselves very often. Do you want Renteria at the helm for a rare opportunity?
    If the Sox have any reservations at all about Renteria, there is no better time to move on from him than now. He basically gave you a gift wrapped reason to move on from him, this playoff series. There will be no controversy. And you will have a better manager in place just as we are at the beginning of our window of opportunity.

Not to mention, I bet every available manager out there, would jump at the chance to manage this young group of talent.
    Replacing Renteria is IMO the top priority. His bullpen management in game 3 was arguably the worst management I've ever seen. And he's had quite some blunders in the regular season.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast