Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    I liked Brantly...But not for $16 mil per year (2 years) at this stage of his career.....Also like that Q got 8 mil from the Angels...He will be worth the money...

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    Does a trade for Benintendi make any sense for the White Sox?

(provided that they do not have to trade a major asset or top tier prospect)

https://southsideshowdown.com/2021/0...ago-white-sox/
    I brought this up a week or 2 ago. I think it would makes sense for OF's blocked by Eloy, Robert, Cespedes. Rutherford/Adolfo/Gonzo are guys that are blocked. Sheets doesn't really have a place on our ML roster.

I could see Lopez being part of a Benintendi trade. They both have similar aspects. High expectations, underperforming and both at sell low value.

Q gone. Happ gone. Beginning to wonder if the Sox are going to address the rotation any further.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Q gone. Happ gone. Beginning to wonder if the Sox are going to address the rotation any further.
    Iíd rather give our young guys a shot than waste it on an average vet. If we are gonna get Bauer, thatís a move I am 100% behind. If not we have Cease, Kopech, Reynaldo for 2 spots and can play the opener game without our 5th starter

I was reading somewhere that the Sox may start Kopech off down in the minors. Maybe service time, or maybe to stretch him out, the article didnít say. I know there are usually a lot of off days built into the schedule early on, so we may not even need a 5th starter for the first month.

I agree about Bauer. Think of how differently we would be looking at this Sox team if we were to sign Bauer. Still donít know if Iíd be comfortable going long term with him though.

I could see Lopez being part of a Benintendi trade. They both have similar aspects. High expectations, underperforming and both at sell low value.
    I read on one site that Chaim is not even looking for major league ready pitcher or position player in exchange for Benintendi. I think Stiever would be acceptable to them, but I don't know if the White Sox would think Benintendi is worth a valuable prospect.

Benintendi aside, I think the Sox could use more outfield depth given Eaton's history with injuries and the lack of progress by some of the Sox minor league outfielders like the Micker and Blake Rutherford. Also, another outfielder could provide another option to sub for Eloy or have him DH.

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    I read on one site that Chaim is not even looking for major league ready pitcher or position player in exchange for Benintendi. I think Stiever would be acceptable to them, but I don't know if the White Sox would think Benintendi is worth a valuable prospect.

Benintendi aside, I think the Sox could use more outfield depth given Eaton's history with injuries and the lack of progress by some of the Sox minor league outfielders like the Micker and Blake Rutherford. Also, another outfielder could provide another option to sub for Eloy or have him DH.
    That's why if we can Buy Low on Benintendi, I'd do it. Gavin Sheets is 24 and has no spot on this roster. Luis Gonzalez is 25 and also has no place. Send them some guys like that. Micker Adolfo doesn't really fit either. Send them guys that we don't need over the next 4 years. Don't send them any of our 21 and unders though.

Twins are noted as 1 of 5 teams in on Bauer. Theyíre current payroll is at around $100 mil, so they have room to add to their payroll. If they add Bauer instead of the Sox, Iím going to be pretty disappointed. There is no excuse for the Twins to have a higher budget than the Sox. Especially considering how much the Sox have saved over the last 4 years.

Twins are noted as 1 of 5 teams in on Bauer. Theyíre current payroll is at around $100 mil, so they have room to add to their payroll. If they add Bauer instead of the Sox, Iím going to be pretty disappointed. There is no excuse for the Twins to have a higher budget than the Sox. Especially considering how much the Sox have saved over the last 4 years.
    Agreed

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Now it seems Twins are out.

IMO the Lance Lynn singing (with a rental contract) is the last move before the trade deadline if (but should) in contention.

I'm starting to think that the Sox may wait a little bit before deciding on a starting pitcher until they see how things sort out in spring training with the new guys. I think that they should add a starter. Starting pitchers go down all of the time and the Sox only have three experienced good starting pitchers and the rest are prospects or at least very questionable young guys. My choice is Tanaka.

I don't think, though, that they should wait on pulling off a trade for a right fielder. They need a left handed bat in right field in my judgement. They have no one in the minor league system that fits what they need and I do not think that Eaton fills the over-all bill whatsoever.

I doubt they would have signed Eaton, if they did not intend on playing him.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I brought this up a week or 2 ago. I think it would makes sense for OF's blocked by Eloy, Robert, Cespedes. Rutherford/Adolfo/Gonzo are guys that are blocked. Sheets doesn't really have a place on our ML roster.
    I like the possibility of Benitendi but only if he plays a lot of right field. I don't want Jimenez made to move to DH. He has stated that he doesn't want to DH and I would not mess with the guy who I think may be the best over-all hitter in baseball for the next ten years

Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast