Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354
    Kinda wish we threw one of our OF specs that’ll never see the white Sox roster for Benitendi. Still some upside in left in him

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Kinda wish we threw one of our OF specs that’ll never see the white Sox roster for Benitendi. Still some upside in left in him
    I think we need to be really honest with our OF specs. They are not good. None of them.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    I think we need to be really honest with our OF specs. They are not good. None of them.
    Yeah but do other teams know that lol.

Yes, I think that may be the residual legacy from our “draft athletes, not baseball players” days.
    On the flip side, coming off of a year with no minor league games, and the injuries that hit in our system in 2019, things can look a lot different this season.

Luckily for us, we won't be needing at least 2 OF'er replacements for half a decade. Plenty of time to find or sign a 3rd.

Hopefully the Cespedes signing will complete the trio of Cuban OFers for years to come. Sox scouts are saying he might already be MLB ready, but a year in the minors couldn’t hurt.

The spot I’d like to see them concentrate on the next draft or 2 is catcher. The remaining three years of Grandal will go by quick, and it would be nice to have a strong prospect ready to step in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Hopefully the Cespedes signing will complete the trio of Cuban OFers for years to come. Sox scouts are saying he might already be MLB ready, but a year in the minors couldn’t hurt.

The spot I’d like to see them concentrate on the next draft or 2 is catcher. The remaining three years of Grandal will go by quick, and it would be nice to have a strong prospect ready to step in.
    Hispanic outfielders. Isn’t Eloy Dominican?

Yes, I believe you’re right. Guess that means we’ll ultimately have to move Eloy to DH, and sign Colas next year. That should do the trick.

Yes, I believe you’re right. Guess that means we’ll ultimately have to move Eloy to DH, and sign Colas next year. That should do the trick.
    I'm almost certain we are getting Colas, and that he would have been signed already if we didn't use up our money. I think young Cubans wanna join Moncada, Grandal and Abreu to the MLB Cuban National team lol. What would be more prideful for them.

Not just the pride part, but I think the comfort level of playing in a foreign country with people from your home country and culture is a big part of it. These are very young men, off in a foreign land, usually with no friends or family with them. If you can go to a team that has 4-5 guys who you can relate to and have been thru it already, I think the common bond created and ease of transition is underrated.

Not just the pride part, but I think the comfort level of playing in a foreign country with people from your home country and culture is a big part of it. These are very young men, off in a foreign land, usually with no friends or family with them. If you can go to a team that has 4-5 guys who you can relate to and have been thru it already, I think the common bond created and ease of transition is underrated.
    For sure. Colas will be on the White Sox soon enough

Offseason is OVAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354