Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 94 of 210 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 3137
    Kluber is throwing for teams tomorrow. About 20 teams will be there to watch. Mets will be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    Agree. But if the market bottoms out, and if mid-tier FAs and high-end trade candidates are suddenly available for discounted financial/personnel costs, the FO will value hunt.

I think this is why it seems the Mets aren’t doing anything, before lindor. They waiting to see who will be available via trade and at what cost. You’d is an odd off season. Let it come to you

The Mets only have 2 outfielders, the Mets are the only team spending money, so they can wait out the market.

Really wanted Hendricks.

Time to wait out the relief market.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    The Mets only have 2 outfielders, the Mets are the only team spending money, so they can wait out the market.

Really wanted Hendricks.

Time to wait out the relief market.
    Technically, yes but they can put Dom in LF if they want him to play everyday. Springer nor Bradley are guarantees.

Mets are in a position of power but the lack of communication from MLB does make it more difficult for them. Yes they technically only have two OF but if there's no DH then Dom Smith needs to play and where exactly will he get time if we sign an everyday CFer. It is a nice problem to have but still makes it a little difficult for them

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Mets are in a position of power but the lack of communication from MLB does make it more difficult for them. Yes they technically only have two OF but if there's no DH then Dom Smith needs to play and where exactly will he get time if we sign an everyday CFer. It is a nice problem to have but still makes it a little difficult for them

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I want an outfielder playing in the outfield

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    But not by signing Springer and Dom just pinch hitting assuming no DH in the NL. You might gain 2 games in WAR with Dom playing in CF. For $30M+. Not worth it for 2 additional games. Unless we look back and say we missed the Wild Card by 2 games. But $15M per game is a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Technically, yes but they can put Dom in LF if they want him to play everyday. Springer nor Bradley are guarantees.
    Must have missed the Sandy's interview last week.
    Basically he said Dom playing left field isn't optimal.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Must have missed the Sandy's interview last week.
    Basically he said Dom playing left field isn't optimal.
    That doesnt mean they will acquire Springer or Bradley. He said similar about JD Davis at 3rd but there's a good chance he is the opening day 3rd baseman.

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    So do I but if there's no DH what do we do with Smith? He can't just be a predominant PH

That doesnt mean they will acquire Springer or Bradley. He said similar about JD Davis at 3rd but there's a good chance he is the opening day 3rd baseman.
    I actually think we will either trade JD or he will be a bench piece. Remember, he is a Brodie move after all

Yeah, I mean Sandy was the guy that would play Duda in LF.

Doesn’t mean they won’t either.
    Sandy just said in an interview that they are still engaged with Springer.

Sandy has deep relations with MLB. He probably has a high degree of confidence from his sources that the DH is happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry. He's got this.

Also, porter likes Guillorme so you could see him playing 2nd with McNeil sliding over to 3rd.

Mets aren’t interested in Arenado or Bryant.

Kolten Wong is another possible option for 2nd.