Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 81 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 3137
    Quote Originally Posted by newyorker4ever View Post
    I love K.Wong but if we're moving McNeil to 3B because we're signing LeMathieu to play 2B then i don't think Wong is signing to be a backup unless he wants to chase a world series on a 1 year deal. LeMathieu can play 3B as well so the best option would probably be keeping McNeil at 2B and DJ at 3B.

How nice would it be to add another pure hitter and GG defensive player like DJ to this team though? I love Springer and would love to have him in CF but getting DJ instead isn't so bad.

Why instead? Lol. Iím done thinking like a Met fan. We are a big market team. Letís act like it

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Didn't Justin Turner say some negative things about the Mets? I don't know if he wants to come back. I'm down with Todd Frazier or Maikel Franco for 3B if we really think we need to improve 3B. Because I also feel bad about just signing a guy and not giving JD Davis a chance
    I'm not sure T.Frazier or M.Franco would even get the start over JD if we signed one of them. I think both would be the backup to JD which i'm fine with. We could put one of them in at the end of games for defensive purposes and of course in case of any injury to JD.

No chance on a 1 yr deal. Every year older springer gets its one less year a team will spend on the back end. I'm already nervous about years 4 and 5. If teams wait a year he will just be older. Now is his payday and springer knows it.

I want no part of JBJ. An aging defensive wiz head case who can't hit. That has disaster all over it. Defensive first CFers have typically broken down at alarming rates and their careers get ugly. I know he's not as speed reliant but still no thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Why instead? Lol. Iím done thinking like a Met fan. We are a big market team. Letís act like it
    Yeah we don't care but unfortunately Sandy and Cohen might. I'm sure they've already had this discussion and have come to a decision on if Sandy is allowed to go over but Sandy can be a very conservative guy so it will be interesting to see what our next move is and whatever move that is could tell us if there's any plans on going over or not.

Sandy also made it very clear that the top priority is signing players in free agency over trading any prospects and we all now see what his first real big move ended up being...LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by newyorker4ever View Post
    Yeah we don't care but unfortunately Sandy and Cohen might. I'm sure they've already had this discussion and have come to a decision on if Sandy is allowed to go over but Sandy can be a very conservative guy so it will be interesting to see what our next move is and whatever move that is could tell us if there's any plans on going over or not.

Sandy also made it very clear that the top priority is signing players in free agency over trading any prospects and we all now see what his first real big move ended up being...LOL.

Itís why I say everything that comes from them is posturing

I feel if the Mets want to spend an additional 30 million, probably best to build on depth than to get one star personally. Unless you want them to spend another 50

I feel if the Mets want to spend an additional 30 million, probably best to build on depth than to get one star personally. Unless you want them to spend another 50

I honestly donít care how much they spend. I want the best players possible, period. Go spend 400 million more, I donít care. Iím done thinking the way we used to. I like thinking anything is possible. Cuz honestly I feel like it is.

I get it. But I just feel the smartest thing to do is to build depth and build a successful team. I rather us get Hand+JBJ+Frazier+Kluber for the 30M than to get Springer for the 30M

I want players who fit and are good team players and good locker room people over taking a player who's a star but has some character flaws This is why i wanted F.Lindor so badly. That kids smile is infectious and reminds so much of J.Reyes. Supposedly Carrasco is also a very genuine person.

I wouldn't say Jose Reyes is a great clubhouse guy... David Wright was always more the leader. I always felt Jose Reyes kinda negatively influenced the younger guys

I wouldn't say Jose Reyes is a great clubhouse guy... David Wright was always more the leader. I always felt Jose Reyes kinda negatively influenced the younger guys
    Yeah i disagree with that 100%. Him and David were best buddies and he always had that great smile on his face when playing the game. IMO i think Reyes is a great comp for Lindor but Lindor's the better player. I never said Reyes was the leader cause we all know that was David but Reyes was definitely someone the other players looked up to.

I also felt Reyes' influence on Amed Rosario was really bad

I also felt Reyes' influence on Amed Rosario was really bad
    Any reason why you felt this?

I've followed Rosario in the press and on his social media since he was a kid and he's always come across as an extremely positive, motivated, hard-working young man. He had ample chances to put it together here and it just didn't happen, at least not with any consistency. I wish him well in Cleveland.

I meant more on performance than on character. Just always got the feeling since Rosario was always seen next to Reyes that he really took to Jose as a big brother. And I just felt Jose had so much more talent than he put out there so he probably didn't show Rosario an amazing work ethic. Since Rosario just never really showed improvement here.