Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 80 of 210 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 3137
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I think they are seriously in play for Jackie Bradley Jr.
    or they can be using the JBJ talks to push Springer to drop his demands since he knows his ideal option is the Mets.

Didn't even notice that the Mets signed Brandon Drury to a minors deal yesterday too. Decent utility depth move.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Another intriguing option could be Kevin Pillar, not the gold glover that JBJ is but a very good glove nonetheless who hits better and would be good late inning depth if we go that route
    Agreed. Wanted him last year instead of trading prospects for two worse performing CFs.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    deGrom
    Stroman
    Carrasco
    Syndergaard
    Peterson
    Matz
    Oswalt
    Kilome
    Skapucki

Donít think we really need another high-end starter. Iíd rather continue to build a dominant pen and shorten games.
    This, especially since a great start can still be blown by a leaky pen, as the Mets have seen many times.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I think they are seriously in play for Jackie Bradley Jr.
    We could probably do:

3B--J.Turner
    CF--J.Bradley
    BP--B.Hand

Depending on what they all are looking for of course.

We'd probably have to go with Lugo in the starting rotation until Noah is ready unless you'd want to give Matz another shot.

J.Tuner is that RH bat we still could use and can still play well on both sides even at 36 yrs old. We made a mistake letting him get away so bring him back home on a 1 or 2 year deal. Couple other 3B to look at that would be on the cheap side:

The ToddFather--RH
    M.Franco--RH
    Marwin Gonzalez--SH

Would probably just stay with JD Davis over any of them but any of them would be good backups for 3B.
    Last edited by newyorker4ever; 01-08-2021 at 10:39 AM.

Could also scratch the Springer idea and go with DJ LeMathieu and put him at 3B or move McNeil back to 3B. LeMathieu is gonna get more around the $20 per range instead of the around $25 mil per Springer is looking for.

Mets Rumors: Front office may be moving on to Jackie Bradley Jr.

https://email.fansided.com/c/eJx1Tkt...KGLcY68BeYWFkN

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Didn't even notice that the Mets signed Brandon Drury to a minors deal yesterday too. Decent utility depth move.
    It is the Jared Porter Arizona connection

Quote Originally Posted by newyorker4ever View Post
    Could also scratch the Springer idea and go with DJ LeMathieu and put him at 3B or move McNeil back to 3B. LeMathieu is gonna get more around the $20 per range instead of the around $25 mil per Springer is looking for.
    If we want to move McNeil to 3B I want us to go after Kolten Wong then. He's a GG 2B and way cheaper. But I think we should let McNeil play 2B because that's his natural position

Mets Rumors: Front office may be moving on to Jackie Bradley Jr.

https://email.fansided.com/c/eJx1Tkt...KGLcY68BeYWFkN

I like the idea of DJ and JBJ plus another BP arm. Moving McNeil to 3rd is fine with me.

We could probably do:

3B--J.Turner
    CF--J.Bradley
    BP--B.Hand

Depending on what they all are looking for of course.

We'd probably have to go with Lugo in the starting rotation until Noah is ready unless you'd want to give Matz another shot.

J.Tuner is that RH bat we still could use and can still play well on both sides even at 36 yrs old. We made a mistake letting him get away so bring him back home on a 1 or 2 year deal. Couple other 3B to look at that would be on the cheap side:

The ToddFather--RH
    M.Franco--RH
    Marwin Gonzalez--SH

Would probably just stay with JD Davis over any of them but any of them would be good backups for 3B.
    Didn't Justin Turner say some negative things about the Mets? I don't know if he wants to come back. I'm down with Todd Frazier or Maikel Franco for 3B if we really think we need to improve 3B. Because I also feel bad about just signing a guy and not giving JD Davis a chance

If we want to move McNeil to 3B I want us to go after Kolten Wong then. He's a GG 2B and way cheaper. But I think we should let McNeil play 2B because that's his natural position

I think DJ is better all around than Wong and Iím done with 2nd best. I think the Mets are too. This is the off season to load up as many other teams can not.

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    I think DJ is better all around than Wong and Iím done with 2nd best. I think the Mets are too. This is the off season to load up as many other teams can not.
    I just can't see the Mets spending 25+ million on one player now. Just can't see the Mets going over the luxury tax threshold this year... at least not in the offseason. I think they will want to get to around 200-205M and then have some leeway during the season. If they go over the threshold this offseason, leaves very little in the season in case we need depth.

And I'm okay with that because I rather spend the 20-25 million on multiple players than on just one

I just can't see the Mets spending 25+ million on one player now. Just can't see the Mets going over the luxury tax threshold this year... at least not in the offseason. I think they will want to get to around 200-205M and then have some leeway during the season. If they go over the threshold this offseason, leaves very little in the season in case we need depth.

And I'm okay with that because I rather spend the 20-25 million on multiple players than on just one

Itís not my money, bro. Iím going to be greedy now. We need either a 3rd baseman or a 2nd baseman. Also, a CF and another BP arm. I donít care how much they spend to get it. Also, I donít care about a luxury tax either. With that said, because there are a lot less teams able to take on more money this is the time to go all in.

I love K.Wong but if we're moving McNeil to 3B because we're signing LeMathieu to play 2B then i don't think Wong is signing to be a backup unless he wants to chase a world series on a 1 year deal. LeMathieu can play 3B as well so the best option would probably be keeping McNeil at 2B and DJ at 3B.

How nice would it be to add another pure hitter and GG defensive player like DJ to this team though? I love Springer and would love to have him in CF but getting DJ instead isn't so bad.