Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 210 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Out of the Top 3 FAs, I want Springer the most.

So Springer and McCann is fine by me. Regardless of how much money we have, we arenít going to sign evert Top FA. Thatís unrealistic.
    I agree with this, and I want Springer the most too. I also understand that the money has to be spread and isnít just about this one off-season.

My thing is, if the hold up with McCann is that he might command anything close to Realmuto money/years, then I would rather have Realmuto and JBJ. Overpaying second tier talent to avoid paying first tier talent is a mistake. If Realmuto doesnít want to come, then itís all a moot point though.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Lmao nah thatís not it at all. Itís just a question of spreading the wealth. Going over the luxury tax right now would be dumb and hamstring us for the future because we havenít even extended our own guys yet. Regardless of how money Cohen is worth, heís not going to bleed money unnecessarily like that.

That rotation isnít cheap at all and keeps us flexible. The garbage we watched in the rotation last season was unacceptable, even though it couldnít really be avoided given the circumstances.
    I think we should be run right up to the luxury tax this year, or maybe $10M short. Weíll have Betances, Familia, and Stroman off the team. That ~$35M can go to Conforto and Syndergaard plus a few extra dollars bumping us up really close to the limit. Betances and Familia can be replaced with inexpensive bullpen arms (Sandy dumpster diving, his favorite past time), and Stroman could be replaced by Matt Allan or a 1 year find

Depending on how the 2021 team turns out, we make a big splash like Lindor and go well over the luxury tax.

Only problem is Cano, the gift that just keeps taking

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    I think we should be run right up to the luxury tax this year, or maybe $10M short. Weíll have Betances, Familia, and Stroman off the team. That ~$35M can go to Conforto and Syndergaard plus a few extra dollars bumping us up really close to the limit. Betances and Familia can be replaced with inexpensive bullpen arms (Sandy dumpster diving, his favorite past time), and Stroman could be replaced by Matt Allan or a 1 year find
    Depending on how the 2021 team turns out, we make a big splash like Lindor and go well over the luxury tax.

Syndergaard?? Whatís he done to deserve a big paycheck??? Donít see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post

I agree with this--let's not forgot how much $$$ we'll perpetually have coming off the books most years. Next offseason is no exception. I like the thought of either spending nine-figures on "can't miss" talents like Springer or dishing out 1-2 year deals for veterans with a track record for durability like Quintana.
    "If we want to be an iconic franchise, which I think we are capable of doing, we have to write more good stories than bad, and occasionally we have to write a really epic story." --Sandy Alderson

Out of the top FA I want Bauer the most as I truly believe SP is how u go about winning a championship and he just has the biggest upside. But then again, the KC and Yankee model show you can just replace that with a really solid pen, which has a few elite candidates, so that is another route for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Out of the top FA I want Bauer the most as I truly believe SP is how u go about winning a championship and he just has the biggest upside. But then again, the KC and Yankee model show you can just replace that with a really solid pen, which has a few elite candidates, so that is another route for sure.
    Stockpiling elite relievers can be a really attractive alternative to signing Bauer. In this market we could potentially get a few good ones on 1-2 year deals.
    "If we want to be an iconic franchise, which I think we are capable of doing, we have to write more good stories than bad, and occasionally we have to write a really epic story." --Sandy Alderson

Quote Originally Posted by SJ5382 View Post
    Stockpiling elite relievers can be a really attractive alternative to signing Bauer. In this market we could potentially get a few good ones on 1-2 year deals.
    Thatís definitely the move if they donít land Bauer who would be my top choice. If you land someone in the second tier of starters and add a hendricks it can really cover up any rotation short comings.

If a Starter only goes for 4, you still lugo for 2, And then May diaz and hendricks for an inning each to close it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ďI think Lindor is gonna end up with the Mets or the Blue JaysĒ -
    @Buster_ESPN

I love how "I think" has become newsworthy stuff nowadays

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I love how "I think" has become newsworthy stuff nowadays
    No different than picking the winner of tomorrow's game. Not newsworthy, but hot stove-worthy.

I am torn between "Cohen is a multi-Billionaire so who cares what he spends" to my more natural Frugal side, spend smart.
    If you took last years team, warts and all and just added nothing more than Thor and Stroman, we are a playoff team. I am totally convinced of that. We already added Stroman for 2021 and Thor will be back, so even though we have some holes, (Catcher & CF) I still like where we are starting from with Trevor May onboard. I want Bauer and Springer. I would even be OK with Nido behind the plate if we could get both of those two. In reality, that might be the smarter move, then sign a FA veteran Catcher to an affordable 1 YR contract.
    DeGrom, Bauer, Stroman, Thor, Peterson is an elite rotation. I can live with a defensive first no hit catcher

Iíd really like to see that Mets have signed a catcher already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Stache. One of many "diamond in the rough" pickups by OMAR. Sad we had to let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by SJ5382 View Post
    This.

Our rotation is more than good enough IMO. Just keep adding dominant bullpen arms and weíll be set for the postseason.