Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 136 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Mets have offered a QO to Stroman.
    He might take it. And it wouldn't be a terrible idea for him, since he's still young and can't be offered the QO twice.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    He might take it. And it wouldn't be a terrible idea for him, since he's still young and can't be offered the QO twice.
    He has 10 days to make a decision. If he accepts, even if it's a high price, I'd breath a bit easier starting the rest of the off season with deGrom, Stroman, Peterson and (eventually) Syndergaard in the rotation.

If you follow him, he believes he is the second best pitcher in the market and their is no way he takes the one year offer. He wants big money and a long deal.

If you follow him, he believes he is the second best pitcher in the market and their is no way he takes the one year offer. He wants big money and a long deal.
    I dont think he is going to get what he thinks he will. You could probably say that about most of the FA that will be out there. The writing is on the wall that many teams are going to cut payroll. Maybe a handful dont. Thats where the Mets have to capitalize.

If you follow him, he believes he is the second best pitcher in the market and their is no way he takes the one year offer. He wants big money and a long deal

Agreed. Was never a Stroman fan and hated the trade do I will be happy getting the extra draft pick

He may not take the offer, but the non-tenders and other actions of next 10 days might open his eyes. His pride might cost him millions.

George Springer if not Osuna, who can play all over the OF and has raked in the postseason.
    My guess is Springer resigns with HOU but ya never know

Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    Agreed. Was never a Stroman fan and hated the trade do I will be happy getting the extra draft pick
    He lost value by giving up on the 2020 season - the one season where he might have increased his value. He is also a bit of a loose cannon. That might hurt him. Not much of a team player but rather selfish in the very current minds of all MLB. I don't think the Yanks will bite and certainly not for approx. $20M AAV. So the $18M, IMO, is a gift. And like you said, the extra top draft pick is nice if he walks.

The other thing we need to keep in mind is that the agents seem to have much more to say about a player accepting a QO or even signing with a given team. This is why I think the Conforto issue will be a very testy one since Boring *** is his agent.

Meaning I want the Mets to keep Nimmo for a corner OF spot this year in case they can't get Borass to agree to any terms with Conforto. We all know Borass want all his players to test the open market.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    My guess is Springer resigns with HOU but ya never know
    You know I am starting to think Mets might go and sign Springer over Realmuto.

What would Mets fan prefer?

Realmuto/Jackie Bradley Jr.

Springer/James McCann

You know I am starting to think Mets might go and sign Springer over Realmuto.

What would Mets fan prefer?

Realmuto/Jackie Bradley Jr.

Springer/James McCann
    I like Realmuto/JBJ

Trade JD Davis, Rosario, and a prospect for Lindor. Sign Stroman, Morton, Brad Hand. Fill in depth with Covid bargains.

He should take it because there's no way he's getting the 80-100M he wants

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    So no one claimed Hand. Likely because of his salary. Which means Mets can still jump in at a bit of a bargain.

Also means there is no way Betences opts out, but thatís not necessarily a bad thing. Perhaps with a full spring training and season he can get something back.
    Betances opted in. Man COVID really changed this FA market

I want to see Rosario moved in the right trade. It is Gimenez Time at SS.

Page 5 of 136 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast