Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 206 of 210 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 3137
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Social media is a major reason our country is divided. Nothing good happens there. Wish they would all go away.
    Could not agree more

There is nothing healthier than competition for the bullpen. Let Visciano, and Hunter push Betances and Familia to be better. Where Blevins comes in is in a 2 out situation with tough LHH coming up. You can use him as a Loogy there but if they both get on...pretty much in trouble. There is a lot of talent in this pen if people could just pitch to their norms.

What does the reliever list look like right now?

Guarantees:

Diaz
    May
    Betances
    Familia
    Castro
    Loup

40 man:

McWilliams
    Drew Smith
    Kilomé
    Yamamoto
    Yennsey Diaz
    SRF
    Szapucki
    Tarpley
    Jacob Barnes
    Zamora

Non roster invitees:

Blevins
    Gilliam
    Hildenberger
    Hunter
    Vizcaino
    Eickhoff
    Montgomery

A lot of good arms there. In particular I want to see Kilomé, Yamamoto, Gilliam, McWilliams and Drew Smith during the regular season.

Miguel Castro is also somebody I really like and think he can take a step up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    What does the reliever list look like right now?

Guarantees:

Diaz
    May
    Betances
    Familia
    Castro
    Loup

40 man:

McWilliams
    Drew Smith
    Kilomé
    Yamamoto
    Yennsey Diaz
    SRF
    Szapucki
    Tarpley
    Jacob Barnes
    Zamora

Non roster invitees:

Blevins
    Gilliam
    Hildenberger
    Hunter
    Vizcaino
    Eickhoff
    Montgomery

A lot of good arms there. In particular I want to see Kilomé, Yamamoto, Gilliam, McWilliams and Drew Smith during the regular season.

Miguel Castro is also somebody I really like and think he can take a step up.

Miguel Castro is still a young guy even though it seems he's been around awhile. He is only 25. A bit more maturity and he can compete with Diaz as closer of they can become co-closers.

The depth alone we've added this offseason is incredible. Guys like Pillar, Villar, and Jose Martinez have been and would be starters on many teams. That's our bench now. We're gonna be happy about that.

Couple that with adding Lindor, Carrasco, May, McCann, Walker, Lucchesi... Then minor league option like Vizcaino, Hunter, Montgomery, Peraza, Khalil Lee... Not many teams have improved their roster as much as we have from 2020 to 2021.
    Last edited by bklynny67; 02-20-2021 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    Miguel Castro is still a young guy even though it seems he's been around awhile. He is only 25. A bit more maturity and he can compete with Diaz as closer of they can become co-closers.
    In addition, with the Taijuan Walker signing, it forces one of the LHPs - either Lucchesi or Peterson to the pen. Once Thor is back and ready to take starts (I really think he will begin the year in the Mets bullpen), then both Lucchesi and Peterson are in the pen. I like the idea of 3 lefties out there - Loup, Lucchesi and Peterson. I think the veteran Mike Montgomery is a good LHP candidate for the pen also. And we still have Blevins, Tarpley and Zamora.

In addition, with the Taijuan Walker signing, it forces one of the LHPs - either Lucchesi or Peterson to the pen. Once Thor is back and ready to take starts (I really think he will begin the year in the Mets bullpen), then both Lucchesi and Peterson are in the pen. I like the idea of 3 lefties out there - Loup, Lucchesi and Peterson. I think the veteran Mike Montgomery is a good LHP candidate for the pen also. And we still have Blevins, Tarpley and Zamora.
    I keep hearing the plan is now to start Peterson in AAA with Lucchesi as the #5, assuming he doesn't get blown up in ST

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    I keep hearing the plan is now to start Peterson in AAA with Lucchesi as the #5, assuming he doesn't get blown up in ST
    Does lucchesi have options? If not that seems like the most likely outcome

I think Luchessi will be the longman/opener for them when they go that route and other lefty out of the pen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I think Luchessi will be the longman/opener for them when they go that route and other lefty out of the pen.
    I heard the interview with Joey where he said he's thinking like a starter. I didn't really like that coming from him. He should be saying something like I will do whatever the Mets need me to do. Obviously, when Thor is back to starting, Joey is not a starter. It will be deGrom, Cookie, Thor, Stroman and Walker.

As for Peterson, he has something to prove in ST - like make the Mets roster in whatever role is available to him. I always remember that Cone started off as the long man in, what was it, 1987. Then Aggie got hurt and Cone became what he is and never ended up back in the bullpen. It ended up well for Aggie also since he did go to the bullpen where he blossomed, not with the Mets, but with other teams. Maybe Peterson can be a lefty complement to Diaz. Lot's of things for the Mets brain trust to figure out.

Experts - please help. I am arguing with myself, lol. To make room for Tai, Thor was placed on the 60 day IL. Since he ended 2020 on the 60 day IL, does he now have to stay on that 60 day IL for the first 60 days of the 2021 season or do they reach back into the 2020 season? He already had 60 days on the IL by losing out on the pandemic-shortened 2020 season. Anybody know? I thought it was cumulative but I know the rules around the DL/IL changed when they renamed it from DL to IL.

I thought Thor would be ready before June so this kind of puts a wrinkle into those plans. Maybe Bauer hurt Thor's arm with his twitter barbs.

ln any case, it's a good thing that Joey is thinking like a starter.

Experts - please help. I am arguing with myself, lol. To make room for Tai, Thor was placed on the 60 day IL. Since he ended 2020 on the 60 day IL, does he now have to stay on that 60 day IL for the first 60 days of the 2021 season or do they reach back into the 2020 season? He already had 60 days on the IL by losing out on the pandemic-shortened 2020 season. Anybody know? I thought it was cumulative but I know the rules around the DL/IL changed when they renamed it from DL to IL.
    New 60 day DL which will put him for a June return since the 60 day will end on May 30th.

The Official Mets Off Season Thread 2020-2021

I feel like Peterson earned a spot in the rotation. He dominated the Braves in a start at the end of the season. He was a little wild at times, but he was a real bright spot in the awful rotation last year.

Depth is very important though, and the cream always manages to rise to the top. He’s got a future.