Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 205 of 210 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 3137
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I am not a fan of Syndergaard social media presence.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Another reason there is no room for Bauer on the Mets as long as Thor is our social media clown. And Stroman is a very close 2nd. Let Bauer play with himself while with the Dodgers.

Geez, all we need is Harvey back in town. And that is the pitching staff. We have some social media "darlings" among our everyday players too, one with the first name of Pete.

So I noticed that Arodys Vizcaino is on our Spring Training invites, is he healthy now? Career 3.01 ERA looks nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=n8ghee;33837134]So I noticed that Arodys Vizcaino is on our Spring Training invites, is he healthy now? Career 3.01 ERA looks nice.

Very good pickup n8ghee! Look at his numbers over the last 4 years. Preet darn good. Definitely worth the look if he's healthy. I guess we'll find out.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I am not a fan of Syndergaard social media presence.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    I hate social media and this exchange is a prime example why

That **** was fun.

Social media is a major reason our country is divided. Nothing good happens there. Wish they would all go away.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Social media is a major reason our country is divided. Nothing good happens there. Wish they would all go away

Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Social media is a major reason our country is divided. Nothing good happens there. Wish they would all go away.
    If social media didn't exist, people would find other places to be anonymous/mindless trolls. Its just the way of the world. So many keyboard warriors feel safe in their living rooms or at their office space.

I appreciate Twitter for what it is. A place to get sport news.

God you people are lame

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    God you people are lame

Tough words from another keyboard warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Tough words from another keyboard warrior.
    Yeah? Bet you won’t say that to my face.

Me, you, Citi Field, July 16th. Be there or be square, nerd.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    So I noticed that Arodys Vizcaino is on our Spring Training invites, is he healthy now? Career 3.01 ERA looks nice.

The Mets have depth in their pitching who are on the NRI list, 6 of them with MLB experience: the LHPs are Blevins and Mike Montgomery. The RHPs are Vizcaino and Tommy Hunter (both of whom could make the team out of spring training IMO), Eickhoff and Hildenberger. The only problem is someone would need to be traded or released to make room for any of these guys, but i like Hunter and Vizcaino, and of course Blevins if he can still do it at age 37 and can do it without just being a loogie.

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    Hitting in the clutch has been a problem for this team in the most recent years. Hopefully with some maturity comes some patience at the plate. This team is excellent at adding runs when they aren't most needed but striking out or making bonehead running mistakes at the most inopportune times.

The proper flow of the batting order is important too. Who hits before and after someone is more important than most people think. The lefty, righty, lefty, righty approach is not always the right answer either. If Nimmo, then McNeil, then Lindor, then Alonso, then Conforto is the most productive order, who cares if the first 2 guys are lefty batters.

Now we can discuss batting orders and why we have no lefty pitcher in the starting 5 after Thor returns. Obviously, the starting 5 will be deGrom, Carrasco, Stroman, Walker, Peterson or Lucchesi (both who are lefty). But when Thor is back then he'll be #3 or #4 in that all righty pitching rotation and all of a sudden you have 2 more lefties in the pen to go with Loup. 3 lefties in the pen is amazing.
    I like what Rojas said earlier about the idea of a 6 man rotation. Not 6 in a row of starting someone different, but using 6 starters in a matchup move. Playing a team heavy with LHH throw Peterson or Lucchesi, or BOTH, and give the staff a rest. This is where a manager can make a huge difference.