Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 204 of 210 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 3137
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hardball View Post
    Why would lugo miss 2/3 of the season? He will start throwing end of March
    Worst case scenario. Like the hurricane forecasters, I like to give my viewers the worst case, lol. I assumed that both Thor and Lugo will miss 2/3s of the season. If they appear in 1/2 the season, the pitcher's WAR is about 29. That with the hitting war at least 26, even if we lose 5 games due to poor defense, we still have a team capable of winning 105 (98 to 100 if Thor and Lugo can only throw the last 1/3 of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    45M with Dodgers. For us it was only I believe 35M next year
    Not a good deal at $35 million either.

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    Worst case scenario. Like the hurricane forecasters, I like to give my viewers the worst case, lol. I assumed that both Thor and Lugo will miss 2/3s of the season. If they appear in 1/2 the season, the pitcher's WAR is about 29. That with the hitting war at least 26, even if we lose 5 games due to poor defense, we still have a team capable of winning 105 (98 to 100 if Thor and Lugo can only throw the last 1/3 of the season.
    Lugo should be back by May 1st. Orthoscopic removal of loose bodies is not a very evasive surgery and you are not waiting for surgically repaired muscles to heal. Much like a knee scope, the recovery is simple. I have had both. Thor on the other hand is already throwing off the mound and looks phenomenal doing so. I think Mid June is the conservative approach, we might actually see him around the first of June.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Is the starting pitching depth better?
    Is the roster depth overall better?

That moves the needle.
    Both will absolutely move the needle dramatically.

Both will absolutely move the needle dramatically.
    Hitting in the clutch has been a problem for this team in the most recent years. Hopefully with some maturity comes some patience at the plate. This team is excellent at adding runs when they aren't most needed but striking out or making bonehead running mistakes at the most inopportune times.

The proper flow of the batting order is important too. Who hits before and after someone is more important than most people think. The lefty, righty, lefty, righty approach is not always the right answer either. If Nimmo, then McNeil, then Lindor, then Alonso, then Conforto is the most productive order, who cares if the first 2 guys are lefty batters.

Now we can discuss batting orders and why we have no lefty pitcher in the starting 5 after Thor returns. Obviously, the starting 5 will be deGrom, Carrasco, Stroman, Walker, Peterson or Lucchesi (both who are lefty). But when Thor is back then he'll be #3 or #4 in that all righty pitching rotation and all of a sudden you have 2 more lefties in the pen to go with Loup. 3 lefties in the pen is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Anthony DiComo
    @AnthonyDiComo

2m
    Methinks the Mets under Steve Cohen will never say they're done, but if they are indeed mostly satisfied for the offseason, they've signed 10 free agents to MLB deals, completed seven trades and turned over nearly half their 40-man roster.

Well done, Sandy, Steve and Zack!

And Porter RIP lmao

The Official Mets Off Season Thread 2020-2021

Not a good deal at $35 million either.
    I donít think the Dodgers care if Bauer throws gems for them. Itís a great deal for both sides, unless Bauer starts getting hurt/ineffective. Because then Bauer would have left a lot of long term money on the table with many more years at a lower AAV.

https://twitter.com/BauerOutage/stat...35687557734400

Someone should tell Bauer to look in the mirror. Thor should dial it back a bit though.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    https://twitter.com/BauerOutage/stat...35687557734400

Someone should tell Bauer to look in the mirror. Thor should dial it back a bit though.
    Lmao damn Noah needs to chill

You know he canít wait to shut these haters up.

I am not a fan of Syndergaard social media presence.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I am ok with players trolling trolls back.

Lmfaoooo. Noah has got to ramp it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť