Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 201 of 210 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3137
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Apparently Heyman thinks we will get Odorizzi or Walker
    At this point I will believe it when I see it.

The issue with the RP market, as many have already alluded to, is that guys want to close so they can get saves and make more money. The unfortunate reality for the Mets in their BP situation is that while they likely don't 100% trust their closer...

1. they gave up a lot to get him, so they are invest in him succeeding
    2. none of the FAs don't also have question marks and RPs are volatile
    3. Diaz at his best is better than any of the FAs at their best

JT Realmuto broke his thumb

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    JT Realmuto broke his thumb
    Dodged a bullet, much like Neo.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Despite how disappointed some Mets fans might be about not getting one of the top three FAs this year, I feel like the Mets will be better off having not gotten any of them. However, they should still spend that money elsewhere and wisely.

We still acquired the best player that switched teams this offseason, but if he's not extended, this becomes a pretty mediocre offseason and we'll wish we had Gimenez, Wolf, and Greene back when we strike out on all the top SS's next year after giving those guys up for 1 chance at a title with Lindor.

deGrom ranked #3 on top 100 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Osuna is hurt. He has some sort of elbow injury that hasn't been disclosed. He's trying to pitch through it but it may require surgery.
    Now i know why Osuna is still a free agent and no way the Mets sign him after the Porter fiasco.

In May 2018, Osuna was arrested and charged with assaulting Alejandra Roman Cota, their child’s mother. He was placed on leave while both the Toronto Police and MLB investigations were underway. In June of 2018, the MLB concluded their investigation and determined that Osuna violated MLB’s joint domestic violence policy, as outlined in a statement by commissioner Rob Manfred:

“My office has completed its investigation into the allegation that Roberto Osuna violated Major League Baseball’s Joint Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Child Abuse Policy on May 8, 2018. Having reviewed all of the available evidence, I have concluded that Mr. Osuna violated the Policy and should be subject to discipline in the form of an unpaid suspension that will expire on August 4th.”

In July of 2018, the Blue Jays made the conscious move to trade him to the Astros in exchange for a struggling Ken Giles, along with David Paulino and Hector Perez. The Astros making this trade raised some serious eyebrows.

“We did a lot of background work and whatever we were able to do as third parties. And that’s all I can say,” Former Houston GM Jeff Luhnow. “The due diligence by our front office was unprecedented. We are confident that Osuna is remorseful, has wilfully complied with all consequences related to his past behavior, has proactively engaged in counselling, and will fully comply with our zero tolerance policy related to abuse of any kind.”

The statement itself is contradictory. Luhnow declares that the Astros have a zero-tolerance policy on domestic violence yet sees no issue in tolerating Osuna just if he says he’s ‘sorry’. This type of flip-floppy behavior is unbecoming of a professional sports organization, and they were rightly criticized for acquiring Osuna. It would be wise for the Angels not to follow down the same path.

I dont know. We always have this discussion about volatile RP then worry about acquiring guys whose performance has been volatile. There's not much that separates Brad Hand from Justin Wilson and what separates Justin Wilson from Aaron Loup. Whoever the Mets get to round out their pen is fine by me. I honestly wouldn't even care if they didn't get a RP if Lugo was healthy.

The bigger need imo is Taijuan Walker or Odorizzi.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Dodged a bullet, much like Neo.
    there’s no guarantee he breaks his thumb if the Mets sign him [emoji2375]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by newyorker4ever View Post
    Now i know why Osuna is still a free agent and no way the Mets sign him after the Porter fiasco.

In May 2018, Osuna was arrested and charged with assaulting Alejandra Roman Cota, their child’s mother. He was placed on leave while both the Toronto Police and MLB investigations were underway. In June of 2018, the MLB concluded their investigation and determined that Osuna violated MLB’s joint domestic violence policy, as outlined in a statement by commissioner Rob Manfred:

“My office has completed its investigation into the allegation that Roberto Osuna violated Major League Baseball’s Joint Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Child Abuse Policy on May 8, 2018. Having reviewed all of the available evidence, I have concluded that Mr. Osuna violated the Policy and should be subject to discipline in the form of an unpaid suspension that will expire on August 4th.”

In July of 2018, the Blue Jays made the conscious move to trade him to the Astros in exchange for a struggling Ken Giles, along with David Paulino and Hector Perez. The Astros making this trade raised some serious eyebrows.

“We did a lot of background work and whatever we were able to do as third parties. And that’s all I can say,” Former Houston GM Jeff Luhnow. “The due diligence by our front office was unprecedented. We are confident that Osuna is remorseful, has wilfully complied with all consequences related to his past behavior, has proactively engaged in counselling, and will fully comply with our zero tolerance policy related to abuse of any kind.”

The statement itself is contradictory. Luhnow declares that the Astros have a zero-tolerance policy on domestic violence yet sees no issue in tolerating Osuna just if he says he’s ‘sorry’. This type of flip-floppy behavior is unbecoming of a professional sports organization, and they were rightly criticized for acquiring Osuna. It would be wise for the Angels not to follow down the same path.
    **** Osuna. I hope his injury is painful and he’s never able to pitch again.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

https://twitter.com/martinonyc/statu...214596102?s=19

Well, there ya go. Now we got pretty solid SP depth.

Wow can't believe we got Walker. I wanted him over Bauer to be honest...

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    there’s no guarantee he breaks his thumb if the Mets sign him [emoji2375]

We are talking about the Mets, do you even hear yourself?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Walker looks like a done deal. 2 year 20mil with player option is what I'm seeing

Seems like a good deal. 10 mil this year, 7 mil next year with 3 mil buyout if he declines the 3rd year option, making the total guarantee 20 mil. Love that it's only 7 mil next year though.

This could be a steal, and not too much lost if he doesn't work out.
    Last edited by bklynny67; 02-19-2021 at 10:36 AM.