Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 160 of 210 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 3137
    I disagree that Bauer negates JBJ. In fact id bet the opposite

Quote Originally Posted by Left_Coast_Mets View Post
    I disagree that Bauer negates JBJ. In fact id bet the opposite
    No way the Mets add Bradley if they sign Bauer. That would put them way over the luxury tax. Guys like Pillar, Marisnick, etc make more sense at that point. Mets could use a RH bat if they do go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No way the Mets add Bradley if they sign Bauer. That would put them way over the luxury tax. Guys like Pillar, Marisnick, etc make more sense at that point. Mets could use a RH bat if they do go that route.
    Bet you you're wrong.

Bet you you're wrong.
    We'll see.

Agreed.

How does Nightengale have a job? PSD has better sources haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bet you you're wrong.
    With lindor,Bauer,conforto,stroman and Noah all potentially being FA next year seems unlikely that they’d go way into the tax this year. Bauer would only put them over slightly. They would be repeaters in the tax next year in all likelihood already.

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    With lindor,Bauer,conforto,stroman and Noah all potentially being FA next year seems unlikely that they’d go way into the tax this year. Bauer would only put them over slightly. They would be repeaters in the tax next year in all likelihood already.

Cano is gonna keep us over the tax no matter what.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post

This team completely renovated up the middle. Missing out on CF ain't happening.

This team completely renovated up the middle. Missing out on CF ain't happening.
    If the Mets bring in a full time CF, they will be forced to trade one of the best hitters the Mets have produced in decades. Pick you poison - Conforto, Nimmo or Smith. One of them is gone. None of those guys will sit the pine in 2021 - one of them will be playing regularly elsewhere. Which of those 3 goes. I think Conforto for several reasons, mostly because he is a Boras player and he is a free agent after this season. The question is if they trade Conforto and Davis who can they get back to play 3b and improve defense there?

Keep in mind that Smith will go to 1b and Alonso to DH in 2022. So there will be an opening in a corner OF spot then. Maybe the Mets can bring Conforto back.

I don't want to get rid of any of them but I recognize the supposed log jam. I also trust sandy to work a trade and come out on top. Shouldn't be hard. He could fetch a solid return, maybe get a 3rd baseman.

The days of mets jamming players into the wrong position are over. I'd like to keep nimmo and conforto for corner spots and get JBJ. I'd like to keep Dom too. But he's not a left fielded on an elite team. But Supposed jogjams in the preseason find a way to becoming just part of the roster by spring.

Resigning our own players will be a priority with our Mets fan billionaire owner so let's worry about 2022 when we get to it.

I don't want to get rid of any of them but I recognize the supposed log jam. I also trust sandy to work a trade and come out on top. Shouldn't be hard. He could fetch a solid return, maybe get a 3rd baseman.

The days of mets jamming players into the wrong position are over. I'd like to keep nimmo and conforto for corner spots and get JBJ. I'd like to keep Dom too. But he's not a left fielded on an elite team. But Supposed jogjams in the preseason find a way to becoming just part of the roster by spring.

Resigning our own players will be a priority with our Mets fan billionaire owner so let's worry about 2022 when we get to it.
    It's unrealistic to believe they are going to fill every hole this offseason and Manning said, they have a lot of key pieces hitting FA next year. I mean if they can swing a trade in season where they look to acquire a 3rd baseman or a CFer, yeah I could see Sandy doing that. The likelihood of them spending 100+ million on Bauer (even with the opt out) then giving Bradley 4 years is not happening. This isn't monopoly money. Eventually Cohen is going to tap out knowing he has future payroll responsibilities.

If Dom is going to put up .900 OPS seasons, they can put him in LF. He wasn't even that bad out there last season. 0 DRS in 161 innings is about average. The bigger problem is Nimmo is not a CFer despite his bat.

Sure, there is fluidity to this roster but right now, you stick with the pieces you got unless someone gifts you a good 3rd baseman and/or CF. Maybe at that point you could use Nimmo or Davis in a trade.
    Last edited by metswon69; 02-05-2021 at 03:04 AM.

As you said we shall see. I see it being more likely that nimmo starts in center than JD starting at 3rd. And both more likely than Dom as our starting LF. But I don't see any of them happening. That's the beauty of a forum. One of us can come back and say I told ya so 😊

As you said we shall see. I see it being more likely that nimmo starts in center than JD starting at 3rd. And both more likely than Dom as our starting LF. But I don't see any of them happening. That's the beauty of a forum. One of us can come back and say I told ya so 😊
    Unless the DH comes to the NL this year, Dom is most likely to be the everyday LFer. You can't leave his bat out of the lineup. As for CF and 3rd base, it really comes down to availability. Those are hard positions to fill. JD Davis was the 15th most valuable 3rd baseman in the league last year. Unless they pull a trade for Seager, Franco or Saurez, there aren't a ton of options.

CF is similar. Nimmo was the 8th most valuable CF in baseball in 2020. They went for their big fish in Springer and didn't get him. Pillar, Marisnick those guys make some sense. They can be your 4th OFer and play multiple OF spots depending on who goes down to injury.

This Bauer situation is getting ****ing old. You have one offer that isn’t changing ******* take it or **** off. I have no one interest in players who feel they have to reluctantly take huge sums of money from the Mets.