Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 155 of 210 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 3137
    Does anyone actually PAY for ESPN Plus?

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    Our lineup is deeper and our starting pitching is vastly improved, with or without Bauer.

We're already adding Stroman, Carrasco and whatever we get from Syndergaard. The depth pieces we added, who have no spot in the current rotation, are better than the guys who started half our games last year.
    It just excites me for spring training to start!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hardball View Post
    God I can't imagine they do. It's awesome, I turned off auto pay but login still works LMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Jon Heyman
    @JonHeyman

Arbitration season opened yesterday with the first virtual (Zoom) case ever. JD Davis was seeking $2.475M and the Mets arguing for $2.1M.
    Lmao imagine being worth 15 billion dollars and 300k is worth souring relationships with a player over.

So ****ing dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

I thinkyou are both saying the same thing. Just hire the best qualified person no matter where they hail from.
    Sure. The issue is, people see a woman getting a job in baseball and the first instinct is to think that she got the job because she was a woman.

It’s dismissing these peoples credentials.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by Northeastfshman View Post
    ESPN posted their ranking of 2021 everyday line ups and had the Mets at #2 behind the Dodgers

(Need ESPN + which I haven't paid for in 5 years to view)

https://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/sto...ineup-rankings

They were followed by the Astros and Yankees.

2. New York Mets

1. Francisco Lindor (B)
    2. Jeff McNeil (L)
    3. Michael Conforto (L)
    4. Pete Alonso (R)
    5. Dominic Smith (L)
    6. Brandon Nimmo (L)
    7. J.D. Davis (R)
    8. James McCann (B)
    9. Pitcher (--)

Neutral runs: 832 | Lineup wins added: 8.5 | Best trait: Lineup depth | Worst trait: Bench depth

EDITOR'S PICKS

Cardinals pull off Nolan Arenado blockbuster: What can they expect from their new star?

What pitching every fourth day would mean for Trevor Bauer and the team that signs him

What a delayed spring training would look like for everyone involved in MLB
    Lineup depth, in my conception, doesn't refer to how many good hitters a team has, but how few soft spots there are in a club's everyday batting order. When the Mets go all-in with an offensive lineup, they will feature an inordinate number of big sticks and Luis Rojas' biggest problem will be in what order to deploy them.

However, there is more to winning games than bashing. As the manager in Bull Durham said, you also have to throw the ball and catch the ball. The quality of bats behind the Mets' base lineup drops off and because New York figures to have more trouble preventing runs than scoring them, Rojas might have to choose defense on some days. Still, the Mets' offense has been really good for the past couple of years, a fact somewhat obscured by the effects of playing in Citi Field, and adding Lindor to the mix sure doesn't hurt the quality of attack.
    I think we have one of the best lineups but I would move the lineup around a bit. Nimmo is a better hitter and on base threat, he should be batting lead off.

Nimmo
    McNeil
    Alonso
    Conforto
    Lindor
    Dom
    JD
    McCann

Quote Originally Posted by cburnsy247 View Post
    Can someone explain to me how JBJ makes sense to this team if there is no DH? If we sign him that means either Nimmo or Dom is on the bench. How does this improve the team? I don’t think the uptick in cf defense outweighs the offense we would put on the bench. It’s a lateral move in my eyes.
    Agreed. It seems like they will likely just get a PT, late inning replacement CF or trade for one by putting a package together that would likely include JD.

Quote Originally Posted by cburnsy247 View Post
    Can someone explain to me how JBJ makes sense to this team if there is no DH? If we sign him that means either Nimmo or Dom is on the bench. How does this improve the team? I don’t think the uptick in cf defense outweighs the offense we would put on the bench. It’s a lateral move in my eyes.
    Still a chance the DH comes to the NL and I think that's why there hasn't been much movement on JBJ. When did they decide NL DH last year? Like, day before the season?

But yea if there's officially no DH, I'd try to sign Pillar if he comes cheap and he can get reps in CF to give Nimmo a rest, or Dom, with Nimmo moving to the corner.

And I'd love to sign Colome if we don't get Bauer, but like Hand, he'll probably want a guaranteed closer roll.

If we don't sign Bauer, who do we look at for improvements? We'd basically still have 25-30 mil that we were willing to spend, maybe more.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Lmao imagine being worth 15 billion dollars and 300k is worth souring relationships with a player over.

So ****ing dumb.

Yup. Hardly see how that amount of money is worth the ill-will with the player.

So ****ing dumb.

My guess is they don't want JD Davis at all and don't care how he feels

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    My guess is they don't want JD Davis at all and don't care how he feels
    The new regime just seems to say “go **** yourself” to anybody acquired by BVW

Sure. The issue is, people see a woman getting a job in baseball and the first instinct is to think that she got the job because she was a woman.

It’s dismissing these peoples credentials.

I have spent my life hiring people. I looked for these qualifications

1. Family oriented- A business is a family, if you see no value in family-I don't hire you. (This is the "Culture" you are building) The Cardinals and Braves are very good at this.
    2. Work ethic- are you willing to go over and beyond to be successful
    3. Working Knowledge of the job you are being hired for. And just how good are you at it.
    4. Honesty

Those qualifications to me know no boundaries or whether you are male or female. Just hire the best person for that individual job.
    Last edited by Rocco Hardball; 02-03-2021 at 05:57 PM.

Yes as part of a package with Hulu and Disney+. It is only worth as part of the package IMO.

So ****ing dumb.

I disagree. That is not the tactic you use when trying to make money and be successful. If Rich people, even Uber-rich people start treating 300,000.00 as "nothing" they will lose what they have. What happens next year? Do you just give in to everyone? or just certain players. This whole process is created by the production.