Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 134 of 208 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 3118
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Unacceptable
    Ban his ***.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resum

That Siemen deal is a steal. But I can also see why the Mets didn't want to pay that for him.

The Official Mets Off Season Thread 2020-2021

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Whew, just in time before I was about throw down the ban hammer

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    That Siemen deal is a steal. But I can also see why the Mets didn't want to pay that for him.
    Im a JD Davis apologist so I want to see him get one last shot at 3B. I dont want him to take another step in LF ever again though.

Is Kelly Johnson still available?

Don't worry. He's got this.

One thing I had not thought about is whether Bauer would be earning more than de Grom. I do not like that.

De Grom got $137.5 million for five years. If I were the Mets, Id offer Bauer $135 million for five years. That would be $27 million against the luxury tax threshold for 2021 which would not quite put them over. And maybe they trade Matz to get some cushion.

And if another team offers him more, so be it. Sure, he wants a lot more but if nobody offers it, what will he do?

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    One thing I had not thought about is whether Bauer would be earning more than de Grom. I do not like that.

De Grom got $137.5 million for five years. If I were the Mets, Id offer Bauer $135 million for five years. That would be $27 million against the luxury tax threshold for 2021 which would not quite put them over. And maybe they trade Matz to get some cushion.

And if another team offers him more, so be it. Sure, he wants a lot more but if nobody offers it, what will he do?
    Hes getting more annually than Degrom. When Degrom can opt out he will and get the kind of aav he deserves

That doesnt matter anymore in the Cohen-era.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    That doesnt matter anymore in the Cohen-era.
    If Bauer comes in then I see where both Peterson (who will probably bring back a CF or 3B if packaged with some other pieces) and Matz get traded. The rotation would then be deGrom, Bauer, Carrasco, Stroman and Lucchesi until Syndergaard gets back. They also have McWilliams and Szapucki might be a depth piece also. Then there is always Lugo lurking around. So if the Mets part with lets say Peterson, Matz, Davis, and maybe even Dom Smith, can they bring back a decent CF or 3B. That is the big question. Don't worry about DH, they can bring Ozuna if they need to. And Cano is hitting HRs in the Dominican Winter League so he is still a viable DH next year.

I just read on twitter that Mets are still searching for a 3B and are looking to get rid of Matz.

Metsies aren't done whether they sign Bauer or not.

I wonder how they will manage not passing 210K threshold.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    If Bauer comes in then I see where both Peterson (who will probably bring back a CF or 3B if packaged with some other pieces) and Matz get traded. The rotation would then be deGrom, Bauer, Carrasco, Stroman and Lucchesi until Syndergaard gets back. They also have McWilliams and Szapucki might be a depth piece also. Then there is always Lugo lurking around. So if the Mets part with lets say Peterson, Matz, Davis, and maybe even Dom Smith, can they bring back a decent CF or 3B. That is the big question. Don't worry about DH, they can bring Ozuna if they need to. And Cano is hitting HRs in the Dominican Winter League so he is still a viable DH next year.
    1- You do not trade a young pitcher- Peterson Stays

2- You do not trade Dom Smith-

3- You can get a CF in Free agency

Who is the decent CF you are looking for ?

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    It makes sense not wanting to exceed the luxury tax in year 1, as the cost of it increases each year you're over it. We have to resign Lindor, Conforto, maybe Syndergaard, maybe Stroman... And lots of good free agents available next year, and Cano still on the books. We've already added a lot of payroll and will add more before the season begins.

This is a vast improvement over the Wilpons. People need to relax. We were never going to be signing every top free agent like people imagined.
    Who are the lot of good free agents next year after Freeman, Rizzo , ( 2 players we do not need ) and the bevy of SS, ( If we extend Lindor , we do not need any of them ) ? I do not see any pitchers on the list

I don't see the love fest for Bauer. He has only had an ERA under 4 in a season and a shorted season. The shorten season that he did win a CY was against an offensively challenged AL and NL Central division.

I feel most of last years stats are inaccurate because of the oddness. The Marlins made the playoffs yet about a third of their wins came in 7 innings games. The Mets played 6 7 innings games and lost 4 of the them, the Marlins played 14 and won 10 of those games.

I don't think his risk and attitude are worth the chance of giving him big money for multiple years with not alot of a track record.

I would not hold my breath that the Mets will get Bauer. I suspect the Mets approach is similar to what they were doing with Springer. That is, making an offer they feel is reasonable, but much less than the player is seeking and less than what at least one other team is willing to offer.

Still, it might work.

I don't see any desperation on the part of the Mets. The rotation has some good depth, even if it could be improved. Somebody mentioning jettisoning Matz to save money or moving Peterson if the Mets were to sign Bauer. I might suggest the guy to move to both save salary and make room in the rotation for Bauer is Stroman, albeit his value is a bit diminished since you can't make a QO and he would not be useful to a team that is either rebuilding or retooling.