Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 209 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Yeah, guys like Tanaka or Morton make too too much sense.

Get one of those guys and then try to go on Bauer and if you whiff on him go after Walker.
    Agreed. I’m a big Morton fan so I prefer him but I would welcome Tanaka as well.

Imagine having a rotation or DeGrom, Bauer, Stroman, Morton, Peterson and then having Syndergaard as a multi inning shut down reliever? shiiiit.

It’s nice now, we can sign pieces and still have the room to get somebody else even if they’re not a need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

They probably sign only one of the big three. Springer would be my last choice but I guess he will be it. If so, I hope they also get Morton and/or McCann.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    You bring up a good point with him being a potential opener. If we end up signing Bauer and tendering Matz a contract, then I think Lugo starting for 2-3 innings, Gsellman coming in for 2-3 innings, and Matz coming in for 2-3 innings could be super valuable. It wouldn’t be an awful idea to run out something like that/mixing and matching between the 5th starter, Lugo, Gsellman and Matz are all better options than guys like Lockett, Wacha, Flexen, etc...Btw, y’all see how Flexen is doing in the KBO?

With the analytics department apparently improving, I think all of our pitchers will end up doing even better. I liked the Hefner hire but I think a good coach is only as good as the material they’re given to use. I’m imagining Bauer bringing in his own guys along with there just being an overall larger and smarter people running the pitching departments. Figuring out how to improve spin rate, how to increase velocity, arm angles, etc...having scouts being able to work with the tech guys sounds good. I finally think we’ll be able to get the most out of our players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Matz is the perfect non tendered candidate.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Mets have reached out to both Morton and Ordozzi.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Yeah imo Matz should get non tendered.

Bauer talks about Cohen

The dude is begging to play for the Mets.

Andy Martino
    @martinonyc

·
    12m
    If you’re a free agent starter (Morton, Odorizzi etc etc etc) the Mets will call you, and probably have already. Will add to rotation via free agency.

oh and Happy Birthday Doc

By the way, Ordozzi worked with Hefner in Minnesota.

Here are 7 potential Lindor trade proposals
    Who says no to these hypothetical deals involving star shortstop?
    A superstar splash for the new-look Mets
    Mets get: SS Francisco Lindor, C Austin Hedges

Indians get: SS Andrés Giménez, 2B/OF Jeff McNeil, OF Pete Crow-Armstrong (Mets' No. 5 prospect), RHP Ryley Gilliam (Mets' No. 25 prospect)

Why it could work: This trade gives both teams multiple pieces that they both need. No shenanigans. Especially if the Mets could get Lindor to sign a long-term extension after a trade to New York, this could be a win-win.

The Mets get a superstar shortstop and "face of the franchise"-type player for the biggest market in baseball, whose acquisition would make an instant impact statement to the rest of the league under Steve Cohen's new ownership. They also get one of the top defensive and framing catchers in the Majors, addressing what has been a major area of weakness for the team in recent seasons.

The Indians get a promising shortstop to replace Lindor -- not only did Giménez show promising tools as a rookie in 2020, but he's also under team control until 2026 -- a versatile infielder and batting title contender in McNeil, who can play wherever José Ramírez doesn't or even fill in in the Cleveland outfield, and a high-ceiling outfield prospect in Crow-Armstrong, since the Indians' outfield always comes up as an area that needs addressing. Gilliam is just a pitching prospect close to the Majors who could balance the deal since it also includes Hedges and his two more years of team control.

Who says no? The Mets. There are two hangups here. McNeil is a Flushing favorite for good reason … trading him would make any Mets fan's eyes moist. And it might be overreaching to ask the Mets to give up Crow-Armstrong on top of everyone else. He was their first-round Draft pick just this year -- and the memory of the Jarred Kelenic deal is still fresh in their minds. Kelenic looks like he'll be a future star with the Mariners, so who could blame the Mets for wanting to hold onto their new top outfield prospect? Crow-Armstrong is only 18, and he could be a future star, too. If the Mets are too wary of giving up the next Kelenic, this deal would be waterlogged.

-- David Adler
    https://www.mlb.com/news/francisco-lindor-trade-fits

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post

I would hope the Mets would say no. This is the first time i've seen PCA thrown into any trade package for Lindor and i don't like it at all. Pete's the guy i'm hoping will one day take my mind off of Brodie trading Kelenic who i was a huge fan of from the moment we drafted him. Then they add McNeil and Gimenez and our #25 SP prospect into the deal as well. Hellz no. I'll trade Gimenez cause i'm also a huge R.Mauricio fan but really hoping they can get the Indians to take Rosario instead but if not then i'm okay with adding Gimenez and then it needs to be guys like JD Davis and although i hate this but i guess we'd have to trade one of Dom Smith or P.Alonso to the deal cause it is a game changing type of player we'd be getting in Lindor so i get it that ya gotta give to get.

I know many are saying P.Alonso would be off the board and would rather trade Dom but i'd actually give serious consideration to trading Alonso over Dom. Dom is better at everything besides hitting HR's and being that goofy guy with the big smile that everyone loves but Dom is pretty damn loveable as well. Now if we did trade Alonso then of course i'm not adding much more or maybe even anything else to the deal for Lindor. I know i'm gonna get killed for even making Alonso an option but Dom is the better player. I love Alonso and want him a lifetime Met but Lindor would bring more to the team.

Bauer talks about Cohen

The dude is begging to play for the Mets.
    Good listen. I’d really love to have him here!

The Official Mets Off Season Thread 2020-2021

I swear these packages the Mets give up in these hypothetical trades are always WAY too much.

Why are we still throwing in McNeil into trades like he’s not worth anything? The man is a career .319/.383/.501 hitter for Christ’s sakes and is not going anywhere. Lindor only has one more year left while McNeil is still pre-arb. He’s more valuable than Lindor right now IMO.

We could make this trade happen without substantially disrupting our core. I would create a package around Dom and Rosario selling high on the former especially since there probably won’t be a DH in 2021 and the fact that Pete is our franchise 1B.