Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 128 of 210 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 3137
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Michael Mayer
    @mikemayerMMO

1h
    Trevor Bauer has been an option that long intrigued Sandy Alderson, he was one of the early targets before hiring Porter.

Now that Porter is gone, the interest (and as youíve seen the reports) has picked back up.

I believe the reported interest is real.

Michael Mayer
    @mikemayerMMO

1h
    The Reds would still like to bring Trevor Bauer back, and thatís where the Mets fit in again potentially.

To afford Bauer, the Reds would have to shed payroll and the Mets have shown interest in both Eugenio Suarez and Sonny Gray as reported by
    @TimothyRRyder
    If their offer is in line with these California teams, Bauer will go back home. If they really want Bauer, they need to be the most aggressive team in his bidding.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    New owner, same entitled fans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You have us confused with Yankee fans.

Michael Mayer
    @mikemayerMMO

1h
    Trevor Bauer has been an option that long intrigued Sandy Alderson, he was one of the early targets before hiring Porter.

Now that Porter is gone, the interest (and as youíve seen the reports) has picked back up.

I believe the reported interest is real.

Michael Mayer
    @mikemayerMMO

1h
    The Reds would still like to bring Trevor Bauer back, and thatís where the Mets fit in again potentially.

To afford Bauer, the Reds would have to shed payroll and the Mets have shown interest in both Eugenio Suarez and Sonny Gray as reported by
    @TimothyRRyder
    I think I'd rather the Mets get Gray and Suarez than Bauer.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    I think I'd rather the Mets get Gray and Suarez than Bauer.
    Depends on the prospect price. Saurez's team friendly deal will make his price in young talent fairly expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Depends on the prospect price. Saurez's team friendly deal will make his price in young talent fairly expensive.
    I would assume so too, but I wonder if some of that is mitigated by their desire to clear payroll for Bauer.

At a minimum, Baty would be a headliner of that deal. I like Baty but goodbye if we're bringing in Suarez AND Gray.

On the baseball trade values site, I'm having a hard time finding equal value for us to send to the Reds and Suarez and Gray. I've got Baty and JD as the main pieces, and still not even close to the value of what we'd be getting back. Unless they love Baty, it might have to be Mauricio to make that deal happen.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    On the baseball trade values site, I'm having a hard time finding equal value for us to send to the Reds and Suarez and Gray. I've got Baty and JD as the main pieces, and still not even close to the value of what we'd be getting back. Unless they love Baty, it might have to be Mauricio to make that deal happen.

Try Dom and JD with a mid level prospect. Steve Phillips and Eduardo Perez were discussing it this morning and they said that's where it would work.

Not getting Hand for one at 11mil is just ****ing stupid
    All reports indicate he wanted a one year deal, prefers the DC area and wanted assurance that he'd be closing. Presumably to set himself up for a bigger payday if he excels as the Nat's closer.

The Mets, rightfully, could not promise that he would close and, IMO, rightfully didn't overpay to make up for the fact.

We were in it and competitive. He wanted something beyond money that we wouldn't promise.

I like him as a piece to a great bullpen. I don't think he will be a great closer in DC.

It would be funny if after all is said and done, the Mets circle back and sign Bauer.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.mets stepson View Post
    Try Dom and JD with a mid level prospect. Steve Phillips and Eduardo Perez were discussing it this morning and they said that's where it would work.
    This comes pretty close to equal value...

Dom Smith, JD Davis
    Prospects Brett Baty, Shervyen Newton, and Alexander Ramirez

Everyone keeps citing Wilson as an alternative to Hand because he is a LHP. Why not just get a better overall RP like Colome? With the three batter minimum, the importance of specific matchups is minimized. I would rather the Mets just get the better player.
    Not because he's a lefty. But because he was probably our best reliever in these two years. You have an idea what you get with him...

What I don't understand is, why would the Reds trade two quality players to get rid of salary just to sign someone?
    They are weakening their team.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

They wouldn't. All speculation

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

What I don't understand is, why would the Reds trade two quality players to get rid of salary just to sign someone?
    They are weakening their team.
    Yea I fully expect that to be all rumors. If they trade Suarez and Gray to sign Bauer and have JD Davis at 3B now, they are probably equal or worse than they were before.