Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 111 of 210 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 3137
    Mets part of 3 team deal. Getting Joey Lucchesi

We gave up our #14 prospect for him. Which is intriguing. Think he's upper level depth in case of injury.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Will he chose playing closer to home?

The Jays will offer more money but they have to because of higher taxes in Canada. They are higher than even NYC.
    This is a great point.

I think we’ll come away with him.

Good deal for the Mets. Lucchesi slots in nicely as a 5th starter and he was better than average in the percentile rankings for 2019 in a few different stats.

Like I said, I expect a Jon Niese comp...probably good for 1-2 wins as a 5th starter and putting up solid 5th starter numbers. Syndergaard comes back and suddenly you have a nice lefty long relief man.

He’s also under contract for I think 4 seasons so it’s a nice move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

He's good AAA depth who fills in if injury. Better than Corey Oswalt

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    He's good AAA depth who fills in if injury. Better than Corey Oswalt

Nah, he’s going to compete for the 5th starter role along with Matz, Kilomé and MAYBE Gsellman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

He will be their 5th starter, but either him or Peterson will go down when Noah comes back.

The Official Mets Off Season Thread 2020-2021

This also meant Matz is likely gone. Saves them 5 million.

They will keep him through ST until is time to keep or cut him and if they have injuries, he will stay, if not he is gone.

Unless they cut Matz even before then as Springer/Hand may be coming this week?

Speaking of which, when is the luxury cap thing. Like if we pass it now but get under it in February, do we still pay the tax?

Luchesi is a FA after 2024. Mets officials had been concerned about the exit of their starters, at least the potential, with Stroman eligible to leave after this year, Syndergarrd also but probably signing a one year deal so he could leave after 2022. Matz also a FA after this year, but that will only matter if he pitches well.

I wonder if Luchesi has any options left. Peterson certainly does and might wind up at AAA. Matz would have to absolutely to show nothing before the Mets would release him. It is possible, but $5.2M is not a lot of money and I suspect Matz will be worth it. I do not see Matz going to the BP.

Degrom, Stroman, Carrasco, Luchesi, Matz/Peterson. Mets might still be looking for a little more insurance, somebody who they can send to AAA if it becomes a numbers game. I know, Syndergaard, but nothing is guaranteed.

This last move (3 team trade) has no effect on the payroll overall.

Good deal for the Mets.

Quote Originally Posted by AUDIT View Post
    Luchesi is a FA after 2024. Mets officials had been concerned about the exit of their starters, at least the potential, with Stroman eligible to leave after this year, Syndergarrd also but probably signing a one year deal so he could leave after 2022. Matz also a FA after this year, but that will only matter if he pitches well.

I wonder if Luchesi has any options left. Peterson certainly does and might wind up at AAA. Matz would have to absolutely to show nothing before the Mets would release him. It is possible, but $5.2M is not a lot of money and I suspect Matz will be worth it. I do not see Matz going to the BP.

Degrom, Stroman, Carrasco, Luchesi, Matz/Peterson. Mets might still be looking for a little more insurance, somebody who they can send to AAA if it becomes a numbers game. I know, Syndergaard, but nothing is guaranteed.

This last move (3 team trade) has no effect on the payroll overall.

Good deal for the Mets.
    Matz contract isn't guaranteed. I can see them releasing him to not go over the luxury cap if they get Hand and Springer

Unless they cut Matz even before then as Springer/Hand may be coming this week?

Speaking of which, when is the luxury cap thing. Like if we pass it now but get under it in February, do we still pay the tax?

I believe it is based on a team's final payroll for the contract year, which ends December 1.

Mets have Eickhoff, Matz and Oswalt as AAA starters for now or depth.

Matz contract isn't guaranteed. I can see them releasing him to not go over the luxury cap if they get Hand and Springer

Correct. His contract is not guaranteed. I did not say it was guaranteed. He could be release at two different points in ST and the Mets would owe him either 30 days pay or 45 days pay. So even if they released him, the Mets are not going to save $5M. It may cost the Mets more than $1M even if the release him.

It is possible the Mets may release him, but it won't be largely because of the luxury tax. It will be more a case of doubt about his being effective.

The Mets can exceed the luxury tax at any point during the season and not get hit with a penalty if their ending payroll at the end of the season is below the threshold. In any case, it is only 20% of the excess. Cohen likely doesn't relish going over it this year because we have Cano for two more years on the payroll and it may be likely the Mets will exceed the threshold in 2022 and after.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Mets have Eickhoff, Matz and Oswalt as AAA starters for now or depth.
    Does Matz have options?