Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 109 of 210 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 3137
    If I were to put money I think Springer will sign here. All signs point to it unless there is a mystery team. He wants to be closer to CT, Toronto doesn't even know where they're playing/staying in 2021, the Mets are better positioned as a whole to win a title next year. If salaries are comparable I think he chooses us. Also think he would give us a discount over them. Think he's leveraging Toronto to get us to pay more but actually has little/no interest to go there.

As for Hand, I'm just hoping we get him. Of the two, I personally want Hand over Springer if it is either or.

Also for everyone who says they don't want Springer if it means no Conforto... I don't see it that way. I think getting Springer gives us leverage on Conforto as we can allow him to go after the year.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kyubi256; 01-18-2021 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    What makes you think they are confident
    Clay apparently has sources

“Sources”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    If I were to out money I think Springer will sign here. All signs point to it unless there is a mystery team. He wants to be closer to CT, Toronto doesn't even know where they're playing/staying in 2021, the Mets are better positioned as a whole to win a title next year. If salaries are comparable I think he chooses us. Also think he would give us a discount over them. Think he's leveraging Toronto to get us to pay more but actually has little/no interest to go there.

As for Hand, I'm just hoping we get him. Of the two, I personally want Hand over Springer if it is either or.

Also for everyone who says they don't want Springer if it means no Conforto... I don't see it that way. I think getting Springer gives us leverage on Conforto as we can allow him to go after the year.

The Blue Jays could up their offer, but it is a two team race

And I believe Noah won't get resigned if they sign Springer.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Clay apparently has sources

“Sources”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sauces.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post

They can but it just kind of feels like they're being the Wilpon Mets who just say "we tried"

They can but it just kind of feels like they're being the Wilpon Mets who just say "we tried"

Yeah, the blue Jays definitely feel like the lolMets

Well that would be dumb.

They are up against the luxury tax and have a lot of FA coming. If you make the Springer move, you eventually sacrifice elsewhere. This is up to Sandy and Porter imo. If they tell Cohen to get Springer, he'll sign him. If they say "Ok move on" because they don't think he's worth what Toronto is willing to give him, Cohen will listen to that advice as well.

I dont buy this ******** that Martino reports about the Mets not willing to go past the luxury tax because Cohen is a new owner and teams took a bath last year in terms of losing money. He's a troll. If Sandy and co want this team to go over the luxury tax, Cohen will sign the checks.

Michael Mayer
    @mikemayerMMO

I'm not saying the Mets are going to hit $300 million, but i think the belief that they are going to use the luxury tax this year (or any year) as a hard line, is false.

Michael Mayer
    @mikemayerMMO

· Jan 8
    Jared Porter on luxury tax threshold, "No, it's not something we have to have a line in the sand on."

Michael Mayer
    @mikemayerMMO

I'm not saying the Mets are going to hit $300 million, but i think the belief that they are going to use the luxury tax this year (or any year) as a hard line, is false.

Michael Mayer
    @mikemayerMMO

· Jan 8
    Jared Porter on luxury tax threshold, "No, it's not something we have to have a line in the sand on."

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    They are up against the luxury tax and have a lot of FA coming. If you make the Springer move, you eventually sacrifice elsewhere. This is up to Sandy and Porter imo. If they tell Cohen to get Springer, he'll sign him. If they say "Ok move on" because they don't think he's worth what Toronto is willing to give him, Cohen will listen to that advice as well.

I dont buy this ******** that Martino reports about the Mets not willing to go past the luxury tax because Cohen is a new owner and teams took a bath last year in terms of losing money. He's a troll. If Sandy and co want this team to go over the luxury tax, Cohen will sign the checks.
    I'm saying the Blue Jays are being the Wilpon Mets. Not the Cohen Mets

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Well that would be dumb.
    If Noah wants more than a 1 year deal next year he would be dumb. I think he either takes the QO or just resigns with us for one year. Because who in their right mind will give him 100+ million after just getting TJ. Unless he somehow pulls a miraculous return in July and then pitches phenomenally. But let's also be realistic, most don't just get back in form right after TJ surgery... they need a year to get back to form.

Michael Mayer
    @mikemayerMMO

Michael Mayer
    @mikemayerMMO

· Jan 8
    Yeah a lot of big market GMs say the latter every offseason. Let's hope if the Mets really want Springer they get him. I won't blame it on ownership if they don't though. Cohen craps cash. He's the richest owner in the sport and wants to see the team win. If the Mets lose out on Springer, I'll take that as Sandy and Porter didn't want him as bad as Toronto did.

I just hate Martino's reporting. I don't understand how he still has a job.

I'm saying the Blue Jays are being the Wilpon Mets. Not the Cohen Mets
    I would see that if the Blue Jays had the smaller reported offer on the table but it looks like they are besting ours (at least reportedly). I guess it comes down to what Springer wants. The most money or the best chance to win and be close to home.

If Noah wants more than a 1 year deal next year he would be dumb. I think he either takes the QO or just resigns with us for one year. Because who in their right mind will give him 100+ million after just getting TJ. Unless he somehow pulls a miraculous return in July and then pitches phenomenally. But let's also be realistic, most don't just get back in form right after TJ surgery... they need a year to get back to form.
    If anyone would be ready and performing at his best by July, it would be Syndergaard.