Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 108 of 210 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 3137
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I would rather keep Nimmo than Conforto. Michael is going to put this team through the ringer with Boras as his agent. I don't care what he says about how he calls the shots. You don't bring Boras in unless you are asking for top dollar and then some.

Nimmo's skill set will age finer and there's a better chance of locking him up on a more team friendly deal as well.
    Yeah I like betting on athletes long term. Nimmo is a better athlete than Conforto and his skillset ages like fine wine. Thatís why I like Springer too regardless of his age. I canít see him falling off a cliff.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Yeah I like betting on athletes long term. Nimmo is a better athlete than Conforto and his skillset ages like fine wine. Thatís why I like Springer too regardless of his age. I canít see him falling off a cliff.
    Not discounting that Conforto will be a tougher (more aggravating) effort to re-sign than Nimmo, and that I too have been disappointed with Conforto's inability to be a consistent offensive force, I'd still take him long-term over Nimmo. While Conforto strikes out a lot, it's due to him being undisciplined and swinging at too many crappy pitches. With Nimmo, he swings through too many pitches.

Nimmo's got such a great eye at the plate, he shouldn't be striking out as much as he does. The reason he does is because he just can't catch up to certain fastballs - particularly at the top of the strike zone.

Just my observation over the past few years watching games ...

Quote Originally Posted by Huskey Butch View Post
    Not discounting that Conforto will be a tougher (more aggravating) effort to re-sign than Nimmo, and that I too have been disappointed with Conforto's inability to be a consistent offensive force, I'd still take him long-term over Nimmo. While Conforto strikes out a lot, it's due to him being undisciplined and swinging at too many crappy pitches. With Nimmo, he swings through too many pitches.

Nimmo's got such a great eye at the plate, he shouldn't be striking out as much as he does. The reason he does is because he just can't catch up to certain fastballs - particularly at the top of the strike zone.

Just my observation over the past few years watching games ...
    All the more reason to bring Springer in and decide which of Conforto or Nimmo gets signed long-term. We have a couple other high strikeout players on this team too, starting with Alonso, so we need to weed a few of them out. It makes the game too easy for the opposing team especially when they have elite starters like most of the NL East teams have. They can mow the Mets down easily in the middle of the lineup. We can feast on the lower teams but look anemic against the tough hard throwing pitchers that seem to be gravitating to the NL East. Also all the more reason to position Lindor in the middle of the order. Leave McNeil and Nimmo at the top of the order. I can also see Nimmo moving down lower in the order if Springer is signed so it might look like: McNeil, Lindor, Springer, Smith (how do you get him in the lineup??), Alonso, Conforto, McCann, Nimmo, third baseman. That would assume the DH of course with those 9. Without the DH, I can see where the Mets will want to play Smith in LF. With Springer in CF, Conforto and Nimmo will share RF (Nimmo likely going in late in games to spell Smith.

I also think Conforto is the better player with higher upside as he still managed at least .360+ OBP and he has a better bat as his BA and SLG are both normally higher.

My thing is, if the difference between them is about 5 million a year and like 25+ million total, I'd rather keep Nimmo if we only have one.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

According to sny the Mets and blue jays have 9 figure offers out to springer. So much for the luxury tax threshold

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    According to sny the Mets and blue jays have 9 figure offers out to springer. So much for the luxury tax threshold
    That doesn't mean much regarding the luxury tax... We don't know how long the deals are. They could stretch it out like the Yankees did with DJ to lower the aav

Forgot about that

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    That doesn't mean much regarding the luxury tax... We don't know how long the deals are. They could stretch it out like the Yankees did with DJ to lower the aav
    Also, the luxury tax is going to be significantly higher or some think non-existent after the new CBA. So any overage will likely only be for one year.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cohen is reluctant to go way over the threshold this year because he unofficially signaled to owners during his approval period that he wouldn't go overboard, at least initially.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    The rumor is 4 years 100M from the Mets.

Jays are at 5 years for 100M+.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    The rumor is 4 years 100M from the Mets.

Jays are at 5 years for 100M+.

Would love this guy on our team

Mark Feinsand
    @Feinsand

The reliever market remains crowded with talent, but one pitcher on a lot of radars is Jeremy Jeffress; per sources, at least 10 teams have some level of interest in the right-hander including Blue Jays, Red Sox, Cubs, Astros, Dodgers, Mets, Phillies and Nationals.

Mark Feinsand
    @Feinsand

Jeffress has posted a sub-2.00 ERA and sub-1.000 WHIP in two of the past three seasons (including 2020), ranking 5th among MLB relievers in ERA since the start of 2018. His effectiveness against both RH (.206) and LH (.211) since start of 2018 explains why heís gaining attention.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status...796274693?s=19

How does opt out work towards luxury tax? Curious why teams don't just do something like 7/130M with opt out after year 4.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status...796274693?s=19

The Mets are feeling really confident on both the Springer and Hand Front.

If this does happen, I believe that Matz will be a casualty.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    The Mets are feeling really confident on both the Springer and Hand Front.

If this does happen, I believe that Matz will be a casualty.

What makes you think they are confident