Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 104 of 210 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3137
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry777 View Post
    https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status...964087298?s=19

So what happens now?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    They fight to the death via a weapon of the arbitrator’s choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

The fact that the mets overpaid the projection for diaz, Conforto, Lindor... But isn't willing to go the 300k for JD probably means they are actively shopping him in the market as they don't care if the relations with him is good or not

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    The fact that the mets overpaid the projection for diaz, Conforto, Lindor... But isn't willing to go the 300k for JD probably means they are actively shopping him in the market as they don't care if the relations with him is good or not

Even if that is the case it is an unnecessary bad look, over an insignificant money (in baseball terms). First bad decision from this new FO.

Yeah seeing the difference between 300k surprised me

The Official Mets Off Season Thread 2020-2021

MLB really needs to come up with a better system than this tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Even if that is the case it is an unnecessary bad look, over an insignificant money (in baseball terms). First bad decision from this new FO.
    Probably means, rightfully so, that Davis is not considered a starting player on this team. He is a pinch hitter, and potentially a sometimes DH in 2022. It also to me signals that the Mets will bring in a third baseman at some point.

c McCann
    1b Alonso and Smith
    2b McNeil
    ss Lindor
    lf Smith and Nimmo
    cf Nimmo and Heredia as it stands now
    rf Conforto
    3b ??? but not Davis

Could the Mets FO think that Davis's 2019 campaign was an overachievement year for him and 2020 was the norm for him? It's not like they didn't offer him arbitration at all, it's just that they don't consider him a long-term Mets player. Perhaps a bench piece but not a starter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Funny how is one guy Sandy did not brought into organization.
    Sandy should love him, he hits and can’t play defense

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    MLB really needs to come up with a better system than this tbh.
    Agreed. If for no other reason, so that teams can more clearly project budget.

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    Probably means, rightfully so, that Davis is not considered a starting player on this team. He is a pinch hitter, and potentially a sometimes DH in 2022. It also to me signals that the Mets will bring in a third baseman at some point.

c McCann
    1b Alonso and Smith
    2b McNeil
    ss Lindor
    lf Smith and Nimmo
    cf Nimmo and Heredia as it stands now
    rf Conforto
    3b ??? but not Davis

Could the Mets FO think that Davis's 2019 campaign was an overachievement year for him and 2020 was the norm for him? It's not like they didn't offer him arbitration at all, it's just that they don't consider him a long-term Mets player. Perhaps a bench piece but not a starter.
    It's not a great market for RH hit first players. The sss regression in 2020 hurt Davis, who does not have elite power or OBS and plays three positions poorly. Makes no sense here without a DH. When we signed Martinez, even as a depth piece, it didn't bode well for Davis, who I like and think will be a very good hitter.

I wouldn't read anything into this. We don't know what the figure were for the other players during negotiation and before they signed. I suspect the other parties will come to an agreement before the hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    A 1 year deal for Kluber is still a nice signing regardless of his age and the fact that he hasn't pitched much in 2 years. I would rather have him than Hand. I know the game is much more bullpen oriented but if Mets had signed him and Kluber is anything like he was in 2017 and 2018, that's a dynamite rotation.
    I personally think they overpaid for Kluber. Speculation before this was that Kluber might get something like $3M. It is a big risk for the Yankees, albeit they have the money to throw away on this. If one assumes a return to form, like being a top notch pitcher, then it will result in an excellent move. But come on, that is a pipe dream, at least this coming season. What they are getting now is bottom of the rotation starter who probably will not be able to pitch a whole lot of innings his first season. That's my take.

With regard to Hand, which was mentioned. I don't think the Mets are ready to pay him in the neighborhood of $10M, especially after what May got. Depend on how desperate teams are and how much interest there is in Hand. LH relievers are not as valuable as they used to be, but desperation rules, as in the case of the Yankees and Kluber IMO.
    Last edited by AUDIT; 01-16-2021 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AUDIT View Post
    I personally think they overpaid for Kluber. Speculation before this was that Kluber might get something like $3M. It is a big risk for the Yankees, albeit they have the money to throw away on this. If one assumes a return to form, like being a top notch pitcher, then it will result in an excellent move. But come on, that is a pipe dream, at least this coming season. What they are getting now is bottom of the rotation starter who probably will not be able to pitch a whole lot of innings his first season. That's my take.

With regard to Hand, which was mentioned. I don't think the Mets are ready to pay him in the neighborhood of $10M, especially after what May got. Depend on how desperate teams are and how much interest there is in Hand. LH relievers are not as valuable as they used to be, but desperation rules, as in the case of the Yankees and Kluber IMO.
    The only reason I see this as a weird deal for the Yankees is because they just added another hope and pray to the biggest hope and pray rotation in MLB.

They would have to be the luckiest team of all time for everything to work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I felt Kluber would've been a great move for the Mets, not yankees. They have way too many questions in their rotation to add more questions

Quote Originally Posted by AUDIT View Post

Nah. Kluber has too good of a career resume to get anything less than 6-8 million dollars with incentives to bump it up over 10 million bucks. He would have gotten that had the Yankees not giving him the guaranteed 11 million. I dont think its that unrealistic that he can be very good for them in 2021. Not the Cy Young winner but him pitching to a 3.5 ERA wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Unless his stuff has just dropped off that dramatically. If that was the case, I dont think there would have been this much interest coming off his throwing session. Clearly, a decent amount of teams saw what they liked.

We'll see with Hand. I know his option was declined and that no one picked him up on waivers but he's still one of the better RP on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Nah. Kluber has too good of a career resume to get anything less than 6-8 million dollars with incentives to bump it up over 10 million bucks. He would have gotten that had the Yankees not giving him the guaranteed 11 million. I dont think its that unrealistic that he can be very good for them in 2021. Not the Cy Young winner but him pitching to a 3.5 ERA wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Unless his stuff has just dropped off that dramatically. If that was the case, I dont think there would have been this much interest coming off his throwing session. Clearly, a decent amount of teams saw what they liked.

We'll see with Hand. I know his option was declined and that no one picked him up on waivers but he's still one of the better RP on the market.
    He basically got the Porcello deal and he has a way higher upside than Porcello.