Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 112 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Northeastfshman View Post
    I mean of course he's obtainable. He's got 7/234 left on his contract. Having to give up anything for him if you are taking that horrendous contract back woudld be a massive mistake.

He was bad this year (84 OPS+) and his home and road splits are terrifying (79 OPS + on road and 120 OPS + at home). With the need for 3 or 4 SP, a Catcher and a CF with little to trade or bring up from the higher levels of the farm and all world FA class next year I can't wrap my head around even talking about Arenado
    Yeah he had a down year but I also donít think he was giving it his all. I also donít buy into Coors splits because players always have to adjust - whether that be at home or on the road. Even when theyíre going from say San Diego to Colorado, the players have to adjust for the ball breaking and spinning differently due to the altitude.

Iím just saying I prefer Arenado to Lindor. We need a good defensive third baseman imo, what better way than to get the greatest since Brooks Robinson? Next years shortstop class is rich, thereís only Bryant there for third.

Arenado is a unique opportunity that not everyone can afford, take advantage of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

I wonder if the Mets are going after the holy trinity: Bauer; Realmuto; and Springer.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Sandy just said on the radio that a player's agent just called him after the press conference.

As one of the very few Sandy defenders of this forum over the past years, Iím very happy to see people coming around on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    I wonder if the Mets are going after the holy trinity: Bauer; Realmuto; and Springer.
    Sign Bauer, sign Realmuto, sign Morton, sign Hand, sign Treinen, trade for Arenado, and trade for Buxton/Bader.

Get it done Omar...wait, I canít even make those jokes anymore.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    As one of the very few Sandy defenders of this forum over the past years, Iím very happy to see people coming around on him.

I never really had an issue with Sandy with the exception of him being cheap and signing older free agents. Looking back on it now, I realize that was an ownership decision more than him. Heís a great baseball mind and him sort of being the guru to an analytically savvy GM really excites me.

I said it earlier but Iím curious to what kind of guy heís gonna hire. Itíd be hilarious to take Rick Hahn from the White Sox. I would also like to look at David Stearns, Jared Porter, Bobby Heck, etc. Somebody from the Rays, Dodgers, Brewers, Athletics, etc would all be cool.

Sandy said he thinks it's going to be a slow-developing FA market, and because of Covid, fans, etc., I agree. Especially for the Big 3. Which is why I'd like to see him make a lighting bolt of an early signing of one of the secondary pitchers (Morton?). It would create a ton of momentum for other FAs and knock the other owners for a loop.

I hope Sandy is more involved in building and overseeing than in running the day-to-day operations. Curious who his Baseball Operations guy will be.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    I hope Sandy is more involved in building and overseeing than in running the day-to-day operations. Curious who his Baseball Operations guy will be.
    Agree. But the off season clock is already ticking. I expect they'll have at least one announcement by the end of the week. In an interview yesterday Sandy said he interviewed someone for 3 hours at a FLA hotel the other day, and enjoyed the hell out of it. I have a feeling they wouldn't have spoken so freely about Rojas's future if they didn't already have an inkling.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    My Guess is Neander or Antonetti.

My Guess is Neander or Antonetti.
    Yeah you picked the two guys I forgot to include. Donít leave out Chernoff either.

I don't know about using electrodes on the brain, but the rest of it may help. He is quite shocking to say the least.

https://www.sportscasting.com/trevor...-his-pitching/

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Yeah he had a down year but I also donít think he was giving it his all. I also donít buy into Coors splits because players always have to adjust - whether that be at home or on the road. Even when theyíre going from say San Diego to Colorado, the players have to adjust for the ball breaking and spinning differently due to the altitude.

Iím just saying I prefer Arenado to Lindor. We need a good defensive third baseman imo, what better way than to get the greatest since Brooks Robinson? Next years shortstop class is rich, thereís only Bryant there for third.

Arenado is a unique opportunity that not everyone can afford, take advantage of it.

Well said, I agree 100%. This type of talent locked up for years is a must do if the price is right

Page 8 of 112 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast