Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 92
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    104,812

    Off Topic - Stock Market - Money Thread

    We can discuss anything regarding these topics here.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    32,105
    Curious how people do the breakdown of saving vs checking vs investing here. What percentage of your paycheck do you normally put in your savings account, keep in your checking, and invest.

    Also what do people use for investing here, vanguard, fidelity, robinhood, webull, hire a professional?

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    We can discuss anything regarding these topics here.

    Youíre the best bro, thank you

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,671
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Curious how people do the breakdown of saving vs checking vs investing here. What percentage of your paycheck do you normally put in your savings account, keep in your checking, and invest.

    Also what do people use for investing here, vanguard, fidelity, robinhood, webull, hire a professional?

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

    Wow, I have no idea about what %s. I have a enough of my paycheck to cover the house hold bills going into a joint account. My own checking is pretty much for my personal bills and fun money. My savings is just where I stash money. Iím not adding anymore to my investing account. I move that around inside Robinhood.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,671
    I invest with Robinhood cuz itís super easy. I own stock in only 5 different companies. Which are: Northern Genesis/NGA, aphia/APHA, ocugen/OCGN, fuelcell/FCEL, sunworks/SUNW

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    32,105
    Interesting. Do you also have an IRA account or is your retirement through work (401k or 403b)?

    I am the same, keep checking for personal bills and stuff and then have joint checking and savings for family bills and savings.

    Have an IRA account that I started in 2016 and am contributing to but also opened RH for individual funds.

    Considering putting about 1/10 of my paycheck to the RH and either building up to invest when market are down or just continue to put money regularly for long game anyways and if market is down then just take a bigger chunk.

    I also personally try to keep my checking below a certain threshold at all time and then put rest in savings or something. But also considering putting less in savings and more in RH at the moment.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    32,105
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    I invest with Robinhood cuz itís super easy. I own stock in only 5 different companies. Which are: Northern Genesis/NGA, aphia/APHA, ocugen/OCGN, fuelcell/FCEL, sunworks/SUNW
    Have you considered ETFs instead? I started RH last week and have mainly started investing in individual stocks while my vanguard IRA is through VTSAX (Vanguard 3500 companies)

    Currently am invested in APHA, Microsoft, Apple, Intel, Corsair Gaming, and Starbucks

    I did microsoft, apple, sbux while stock was continuously dropping but am considering just pulling out when the price is higher than what I paid and putting into a tech ETF so I don't have to watch them regularly.

    Corsair gaming is the one I read did very well last year in revenue so wanted to take chance of potentially them being next big thing.

    APHA I invested cause it was a marijuana company that sounded like good bet since it is big and also recently merged with Tilray so thought it could boom.

    And intel I invested as they recently changed CEO to guy who used to run VMWare and working as a sys admin, I trust VMWare so I trusted him.

    I made a lot of mistakes in my first week investing as I started by buying GE which just isn't a very profitable stock but also am at this point only putting in hundreds, not yet thousands into it as I want to learn more before going all in.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    32,105
    Also can someone explain bitcoin/cryptocurrency to me? How exactly does it work? Why does it fluctuate so much?

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,671
    Because Iíve been working for the state of NY for over 20yrs I have a 50% retirement, including OT, from them. Also, 10% of my gross pay goes into a differed comp. Which is like an IRA.

    Robinhood is going to buy my retirement house in savannah GA

    Aphria hasnít merged with Tilray yet. The merger happens in Q2. But the nice thing about aphria is itíll be worth .838 of Tilray. So, the higher tilray goes the more aphia is worth. Right now aphia is actually worth over $16 I have 350 shares

    NGA is my big play. Iím in with 500 shares. I started when it was trading at $15. NGA is a blank check company that is merging with lion electric to make it so lion can be publicly traded. Itís called a reverse IPO

    Ocugen I also have 500 shares of. Iím hoping they get FDA approval for their covid vaccine. If so, wooo baby

    I got into sunworks because itís a green energy stock and biden is now president. Same with fuelcell

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    70,237

    Off Topic - Stock Market - Money Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Curious how people do the breakdown of saving vs checking vs investing here. What percentage of your paycheck do you normally put in your savings account, keep in your checking, and invest.

    Also what do people use for investing here, vanguard, fidelity, robinhood, webull, hire a professional?

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    I put all my money in the stock market and anything I make from work just stays in my checking account. I have enough in there now where I wonít add anymore money to the market. I have an Roth IRA with Fidelity as well, but I still need to add more to it.

    I started trading with Robinhood where I actually had the most success. I then went to webull where I was struggling due to some strange restrictions on trading there (I went there for the extended hours that start at 4am) so now I use TD Ameritrade where my results have been mixed.

    Thereís a lesser known platform that I use all the time called Moomoo. I love the graphs/info, watchlist, and free Level 2 data. I may eventually move all my money there, but weíll see.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    70,237

    Off Topic - Stock Market - Money Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Because Iíve been working for the state of NY for over 20yrs I have a 50% retirement, including OT, from them. Also, 10% of my gross pay goes into a differed comp. Which is like an IRA.

    Robinhood is going to buy my retirement house in savannah GA

    Aphria hasnít merged with Tilray yet. The merger happens in Q2. But the nice thing about aphria is itíll be worth .838 of Tilray. So, the higher tilray goes the more aphia is worth. Right now aphia is actually worth over $16 I have 350 shares

    NGA is my big play. Iím in with 500 shares. I started when it was trading at $15. NGA is a blank check company that is merging with lion electric to make it so lion can be publicly traded. Itís called a reverse IPO

    Ocugen I also have 500 shares of. Iím hoping they get FDA approval for their covid vaccine. If so, wooo baby

    I got into sunworks because itís a green energy stock and biden is now president. Same with fuelcell
    I traded Ocugen and Sunworks when they were penny stocks which is what I mostly traded. Unbelievable the movement some of these stocks have had MARA and BNGO are two others. I never held long enough to make money on the big move though smh lol. Will definitely look into NGA.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,671
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I put all my money in the stock market and anything I make from work just stays in my checking account. I have enough in there now where I wonít add anymore money to the market. I have an Roth IRA with Fidelity as well, but I still need to add more to it.

    I started trading with Robinhood where I actually had the most success. I then went to webull where I was struggling due to some strange restrictions on trading there (I went there for the extended hours that start at 4am) so now I use TD Ameritrade where my results have been mixed.

    Thereís a lesser known platform that I use all the time called Moomoo. I love the graphs/info, watchlist, and free Level 2 data. I may eventually move all my money there, but weíll see.
    I use webull for info only

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,671
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I traded Ocugen and Sunworks when they were penny stocks which is what I mostly traded. Unbelievable the movement some of these stocks have had MARA and BNGO are two others. I never held long enough to make money on the big move though smh lol. Will definitely look into NGA.

    NGA is going to be huge

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    32,105
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    I use webull for info only
    You also get 4 free stocks from webull which is nice. I'll also look into moomoo for the graphs/info

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    10,671
    I used to mess with true penny stocks but itís too easy to lose money. Itís fun to have 3000 shares of a stock but for every penny the stock moves its $30.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •