Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 132 of 208 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 3118
    Bauer wants to have an honest conversation about pitching every 4th game. No GM in the league will let him do that after investing such a large amount of money.

If he signs for like 1 year 40 mil... Sure, I'd use the hell out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by metsbulls1025 View Post
    Looks like our offer is around 30 million.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Where did u see that?

Nightingale is the ****ing worst. Never trust him.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Would anyone be interested in a trade for Bryant and Hendricks for maybe (spitballing here) Peterson, Davis & Baty.

Bryant isn't worth that much anymore, especially at 20M. I seriously doubt Bryant would be picked up for 20M if he was waived.

This deal is about taking on Bryant's 20M and getting something for Hendricks.
    I personally do not like this deal. The Mets brass are showing a reluctance to be over the tax threshold and this deal will absolutely KILL us in that regard.
    Why give up a stud like Baty for a one year rental like Bryant. No way are we signing Bryant, Conforto, Lindor, Stroman, and Thor this offseason, something has to give. Hendricks IMO is over-rated.

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    I like trading Alonzo while he has good value
    The guy costs nothing and is a stud team oriented player. I say no to trading him. We need more players (Cost control, offensive juggernaut, team captain in the making) like the polar bear.

Andy Martino
    @martinonyc

·
    3h
    I’m told that the Mets have made an offer to Trevor Bauer, but not to this point at the record-setting average annual value of $36 million.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Mike Puma
    @NYPost_Mets

Mets’ offer to Trevor Bauer came weeks ago, according to a source. Unclear what contract parameters.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I forgot about Ozuna. I think we should sign him if the price/years are reasonable. We just really need a RHB and I can live with Nimmo in CF if we’re going to have arguably the best offense in baseball.

He’s still 30 years old, so if we can sign him for maybe 3-4 years I think you do it. His defense being bad could be overblown and I was actually surprised when I looked at the numbers. UZR/DRS says he was above average back in 2019, although OAA says he was he pretty terrible. So he’s probably a bit below average out there. His bat certainly makes up for it.

SS-Lindor (S)
    CF-Nimmo (L)
    LF-Ozuna (R)
    RF-Conforto (L)
    1B-Alonso (R)
    2B-McNeil (L)
    3B-Davis (R)
    C-McCann (R)

Bench: Dom (LF/1B)

After that I would sign Wilson and some depth pieces to fill out the roster/minors. I think this team will be very well positioned for success.
    I like this idea. There is not an offense in baseball that could hold a candle to that lineup and adding Dom as either a 1B or DH just wow. Like a video game

Realmuto signed with the Phils 5 years/115 million dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Realmuto signed with the Phils 5 years/115 million dollars.
    Wow, good deal
    5 years a little long, but great player

It isn't a bad deal at all. I wouldn't have minded that price on the Mets. But he took way too long to sign

I would have been fine with 5/125 for JT, so certainly would have been happy for the Mets to get him at 5/115. However, there was no guarantee that he would have chosen the Mets if the money was even. Also, getting McCann at less than half the price could be a steal, given that JT isn't likely to be twice as good over the course of both deals.

i dont get why we're unwilling to pay Springer 6 yrs 150 but willing to give Bauer 30M a year when Bauer has a lot more downside in terms of injuries past 30 and has been less consistent throughout his career.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    i dont get why we're unwilling to pay Springer 6 yrs 150 but willing to give Bauer 30M a year when Bauer has a lot more downside in terms of injuries past 30 and has been less consistent throughout his career.
    I’ll be willing to bet that all things being equal, Bauer will eclipse Springer in value over the next 6 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    We gotta wait until the actual contract comes through if we get him... But my guess is Bauer probably only cost 3-4 years max while Springer would've cost 6.