Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 130 of 208 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 3118
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hardball View Post
    Hand AND Wilson would work as well

I'm more of a hand and johnson guy, but hey...whatever turns you on man.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Lmao damn, yíall have got to chill.

Hand didnít want to come here and the Mets didnít value Springer at his price point. They say a win is worth what? 8MM dollars? Springer was paid 150MM...being worth 15ish wins over 6 years, I donít believe heíll do that. I could be wrong.

I have zero issue with the approach to the offseason, if anything the only issue I have is with the McCann signing, as I think he was an overpay and that Realmuto wouldíve been a better addition than Springer. Otherwise, Mets got Lindor, Carrasco, May, and rounded out the team with other lower depth pieces. The concentration is on players 20-40 at this point, not the top guys. If there is somebody who is within a certain price point, the Mets will jump. Signing contracts takes two, though. People always say money talks but not always.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And isn't 1 war valued at 4m now

Quote Originally Posted by Metfflicted View Post
    And isn't 1 war valued at 4m now
    It depends on the player really. 1 WAR was worth on average 8 million dollars in 2019. That number presumably came down last year and will this year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Glad there is some more clarity about that. Still concerned that they weren't ready to immediately pivot, because they still have a need. This FO seems to only be able to do one thing at a time. They need to be able execute their Plan Bs before they get stuck with their Plan Cs and Ds.
    Pretty clear that Hand passed on the Mets. Not the other way around. That doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that we could have had him on wavers but the transition to Cohen prevented it.

No one knows what plans A, B, C or D are, or whether they're stuck with anything. I'm guessing if someone's price tag greatly exceeds their projected value, their plan is to pass and look elsewhere for value in positions of need.

It's 1/25. I think we've had a really strong off-season and believe that they are far from done upgrading CF, 3B and the pen at a minimum. I'd be disappointed if Sandy and Steve made a deal just to placate restless January fans.

Would anyone be interested in a trade for Bryant and Hendricks for maybe (spitballing here) Peterson, Davis & Baty.

Bryant isn't worth that much anymore, especially at 20M. I seriously doubt Bryant would be picked up for 20M if he was waived.

This deal is about taking on Bryant's 20M and getting something for Hendricks.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Would anyone be interested in a trade for Bryant and Hendricks for maybe (spitballing here) Peterson, Davis & Baty.

Bryant isn't worth that much anymore, especially at 20M. I seriously doubt Bryant would be picked up for 20M if he was waived.

Donít think I would like that deal since Bryant has been on the decline and is a FA and I like Petersonís upside, especially while he is getting paid nothing. The only deal for Bryant I would be OK with would be one in which Davis was the primary asset the Mets would be giving up, since he doesnít seem to have much a future with the team.

Although Hendricks would make me feel less bad about losing Peterson

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I would not trade Baty and Peterson for one year of Bryant, and Hendricks. I like the idea of Hendricks for 3 years, but I have high hopes for Peterson and don't think the difference between him for 6 years and Hendricks for 3, is enough to part with both him and Baty. And the upgrade of Bryant for Davis for one year could end up not being much of an upgrade if Davis turns in another good offensive season. And being that it's one year, I don't like it
    Last edited by bklynny67; 01-25-2021 at 08:45 PM.

I'd rather sign Ozuna play him in LF this year, then DH moving forward and package Davis, Nimmo and Peterson. To either Cinci or Colorado.
    Bring back Suarez Castillo Garrett. Or Arenado and Marquez

After leaving the organization in November of last year amid new ownership, Omar Minaya is back with the Mets in an ambassadorship role, according to the New York Post.

Minaya will make appearances on behalf of the organization, and help reach out to the Latino community, says the Post.

Minaya served as the organization's general manager from 2005 to 2010, where he won a National League East title in 2006, and finished above .500 in his first four seasons as GM. He also was an assistant GM behind Steve Phillips in the late 1990s and early 2000s, a tenure that saw two postseason appearances as well as a National League pennant in 2000.

SNY

Quote Originally Posted by LD2002 View Post
    I'd rather sign Ozuna play him in LF this year, then DH moving forward and package Davis, Nimmo and Peterson. To either Cinci or Colorado.

Thatís not a bad idea. Wow, good job man

Some of you guys sound like yankee fans haha most signings havenít happened yet and we canít force guys to play here that donít want to. Patience.

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Some of you guys sound like yankee fans haha most signings havenít happened yet and we canít force guys to play here that donít want to. Patience.

I like trading Alonzo while he has good value

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    I like trading Alonzo while he has good value
    You think his value will decrease? Heís our long term DH. Smith is our 1B. Just maybe not this year. You donít move either

Quote Originally Posted by LD2002 View Post
    No way do I trade Nimmo.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."